PDA

View Full Version : Well, this just bites!

BigE
Sat Oct 11th, 2008, 12:23 AM
Scored a new seat cover for my SR500 off Ebay, got it a very timely fashion, and was impressed by the quality of construction....except it won't flippin' fit!!!:banghead::scream1::cry: The cover is beautiful but there is no extra fabric to extend under the seat pan to secure.
Just sent the guy a email so here's hoping all goes well. :wait:

Scribbler
Sat Oct 11th, 2008, 10:20 AM
How much did you pay for it off ebay?

BigE
Sat Oct 11th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Got it for about $40. Thinking of taking it to an upholstery shop and seeing how much it will cost to have them add a flap around the edge.
Still waiting to hear back, figure it may not be til monday. I asked him for A. straight refund, B. him covering the cost of getting it fixed or C. sending me a new one that fits. The guy has a 99.9 positive feedback and thousands of feedback so I tried going the cheap route :roll:

TFOGGuys
Sat Oct 11th, 2008, 11:12 AM
You might try my upholstery guy...mobile service. Rick at 303-921-9829. Good, fast, and reasonable. Tell him I sent ya, and he'll likely only charge you 50% more than normal...... J/K :)

Scribbler
Sat Oct 11th, 2008, 01:50 PM
You can also try Bitchin Stitchin at 303-238-5404. They do good work, but then too you really don't need much other than some cheap vinyl attached, so it'd be really cheap.

BigE
Sat Oct 11th, 2008, 11:31 PM
Well, got an email back...of course "it will fit" according to the seller. Emailed him back asking for some tips on making it stretch a few inches.