PDA

View Full Version : Undercover Cop Tails Cyclist up to 140

JustSomeDude
Mon Oct 13th, 2008, 07:36 AM
busted....

http://www.sussexexpress.co.uk/479/Motorcyclist-filmed-doing-over-140mph.4537826.jp

Devaclis
Mon Oct 13th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Wow, pretty good police work on that one too. I can see wanting to to that every now and then but on a DAILY basis? He had to know he would be nailed for that.

Raptor
Mon Oct 13th, 2008, 08:25 AM
No doubt on the good police work. That cop had his head together, negotiating traffic at those speeds while keeping track of all the details like speed and infractions etc..
The camera on the cop's bike must be badass too...but I wonder how the hell it is filtering out so much of the noise while recording his voice so clearly??

The guy riding in front must have been like "Why is this guy following me? What the hell does he want??"

ChrisCBX
Mon Oct 13th, 2008, 08:28 AM
At one point the cop mentioned that the rider was riding "one handed" with his "left arm on the tank". Is this an infraction in the UK? If so, thats pretty harsh.

salsashark
Mon Oct 13th, 2008, 08:31 AM
^^ I think the one handed thing is the least of this guy's worries... :lol:

Slacker
Mon Oct 13th, 2008, 08:50 AM
"Snail Trail" :lol:

SamuraiX
Mon Oct 13th, 2008, 09:00 AM
No doubt on the good police work. That cop had his head together, negotiating traffic at those speeds while keeping track of all the details like speed and infractions etc..
The camera on the cop's bike must be badass too...but I wonder how the hell it is filtering out so much of the noise while recording his voice so clearly??

The guy riding in front must have been like "Why is this guy following me? What the hell does he want??"

Surely he had a microphone inside his helmet. (BTW - i posted this video yesterday in the e470 thread)

The cop is pretty incredible reporting all the laws being broken, because as soon as he reports it,
he then goes and does it himself, with less room sometimes!

At one point they BOTH come real close to head-ons with other bikers.

chad23
Mon Oct 13th, 2008, 09:09 AM
WOW, so who gives the cop his ticket for all his infractions. They could have followed him with a helicopter and got the same footage.

Devaclis
Mon Oct 13th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Yeah, I can understand the need for an officer to break the law to uphold it. It is needed sometimes. But to endanger others is reckless. That is why we have "no chase" laws here in the US.

SamuraiX
Mon Oct 13th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Thats just what i was thinking, but then wasn't sure?

I always see video on tv of chases (they do always seem older though?) and even the other day somebody here, said they were almost run-over by a pursuit while riding @ hwy. (i25 and 270)

Raptor
Mon Oct 13th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Surely he had a microphone inside his helmet.

lolz, I kinda figured that. I just would've expected the cop would have to be yelling over the road noise, even inside the helmet.
I guess the camera impressed me because of all the data it displays and also because it seemed like the roads were wet in some areas but no rain splatter. I dunno...I'm easily impressed I guess. :drink:

The cop is pretty incredible reporting all the laws being broken, because as soon as he reports it,
he then goes and does it himself, with less room sometimes!

At one point they BOTH come real close to head-ons with other bikers.

Yeah, for an "undercover" operation, the cop wasn't much of a ninja in the way of discreet tailing.

TFOGGuys
Mon Oct 13th, 2008, 11:30 AM
The cop's prolly on an ST1300....the kid is A) damned lucky, and B) pretty smooth. Note how the car drivers react to bikes filtering (no swerving or panicking!).

dirkterrell
Mon Oct 13th, 2008, 11:59 AM
^^ I think the one handed thing is the least of this guy's worries... :lol:

Yeah, he was driving on the wrong side of the road the whole time. http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/images/goofy.gif

I'm surprised they didn't lock him up and throw away the jail.

Dirk

Spinalhaven
Tue Oct 14th, 2008, 12:47 AM
WOW, so who gives the cop his ticket for all his infractions. They could have followed him with a helicopter and got the same footage.

was good police work but you have to think. the cop was right behind him speeding, improper passing, and endangering others. kind of defeats the purpose of... protecting the public

DeeStylez
Tue Oct 14th, 2008, 07:56 AM
hundred in a thirty lolz, that guy is damn lucky not have slammed into an incoming vehicle. Take his license for a good 10yrs he will learn his lesson

chad23
Tue Oct 14th, 2008, 07:57 AM
thats what I'm saying, His passes were tighter than the guy he's following

ihavealegohead
Tue Oct 14th, 2008, 08:26 AM
The local bilkers say this is am unmarked silver CBR600RR .... I'm thinking if you have a sport bike on your tail, it's going to be a bit of a race ..

PsychoMike
Tue Oct 14th, 2008, 11:10 AM
The local bilkers say this is am unmarked silver CBR600RR .... I'm thinking if you have a sport bike on your tail, it's going to be a bit of a race ..

thats what I would think.

PsychoMike
Tue Oct 14th, 2008, 11:24 AM
if any one you get behind me im slowing down to the speed limit!!!!!!!!!!

chad23
Tue Oct 14th, 2008, 01:52 PM
I only do the speed limit

Think
Thu Oct 16th, 2008, 12:04 AM
I only do 5 below.

Raptor
Thu Oct 16th, 2008, 01:42 AM
I only do 5 below.

Ha! I don't even do that! I jus' parks mah shit an says "vrrruuummmm vrrruuummmm" whilez I sit n the hazzard lane, lookin' fast!

J'all ain got shit on me bishes! Unnercover?1 But I wasn't even rollin'!

Think
Thu Oct 16th, 2008, 01:46 AM
Ha! I don't even do that! I jus' parks mah shit an says "vrrruuummmm vrrruuummmm" whilez I sit n the hazzard lane, lookin' fast!

J'all ain got shit on me bishes! Unnercover?1 But I wasn't even rollin'!
Sweet jesus, I had to look at your previous posts to make sure you didn't always post like this. Scared the crap out of me. I must be tired.

Raptor
Thu Oct 16th, 2008, 01:49 AM
Sweet jesus, I had to look at your previous posts to make sure you didn't always post like this. Scared the crap out of me. I must be tired.

LMAO LMAo!! Funny! :lol:

Either you're tired, or I'm on my 7th shot o' Beam. Maybe both? Don't matter. Long as it's fun.

Is it sad that this is fun? *voyse in mah hed*: "Yes! Sad!"
:drink::drink::drink:

Raptor
Thu Oct 16th, 2008, 02:00 AM
J'all ain got shit on me bishes!

But srsly, j'all aint.

thatmofo
Fri Oct 17th, 2008, 12:11 AM
Now that's how you ride to work. I want to see him do that on a day he's running late.

GixxerCarrie
Fri Oct 17th, 2008, 08:02 AM
That was pretty impressive....I liked the commentary too. Location, speed, Body form. Makes u wonder...did he ever get him?

VFR
Fri Oct 17th, 2008, 11:14 AM
That was pretty impressive....I liked the commentary too. Location, speed, Body form. Makes u wonder...did he ever get him?

But it was the end of the road for Michael James Collins, 22, when he was arrested at the motorcycle dealership in South London where he works on Wednesday last week.

Collins, who gave an address in Beckenham, Kent, appeared at Crawley Magistrates Court the following day where he pleaded guilty to a charge of dangerous driving.

He was sentenced to a two year suspended prison sentence, disqualified from driving for two years (with the requirement to take an extended test), given 240 hours unpaid work and ordered to pay costs.

BeoBe
Fri Oct 17th, 2008, 12:53 PM

my point exactly. There were parts that i seen the rider on the right side of the road while the cop is on the wrong side of the road speeding. i guess 2 wrongs do not make a right.

And has anyone been riding behind another rider speeding and weaving in and out of traffic? what happens? When they pass a car like that and they look in the mirror and see another rider about to do it, they take out their frustrations on you and try to hit you. The cop is lucky he is alive

And im sorry but risking others lives to catch video on this guy is stupid, dangerous and wrong of the officer. Dont get me wrong, the rider was in fact breaking laws but rather then letting him continue to do so, they should have made the arrest after half of the infractions that he made rather then letting him continue and driving dangerous himself.

Im sorry but how would people be reacting if they were watching videos of undercover cops smoking meth, coke, heroin etc. to catch a dealer or a user? They would be called corrupt. This is no different

I could go on so im just gonna stop.. Either way if its legal over there i wanna move there and become an undercover bike cop, hell get to do all that and get away with it.