PDA

View Full Version : Im Tired!

hcr25
Mon Oct 13th, 2008, 11:13 AM
What a crazy weekend. Friday prctice went well right up to the point i tucked the front in turn 5 :scream1: On sat. MW SS was one of my funniest races of the year. Four of us trading the lead several times each lap. I think i lead 5 laps and finished 3rd. That is the best kind of race to be in!
I finished 3rd in HW SS after a not so good start for me. In the afternoon the rain came. I finished 3rd in MW end and fourth in HW end on DOT tires. Everyone that finished in front of me was on rain tires and they were hauling a$$.
Sunday i had ROR U and ROR O.
In ROR U the lead trio of riders checked out leaving the race for 4th place. I ended up 6th which is right about where i had been finishing all year.
For ROR O i rode my gsxr 750. I went out on the tires i used in HW SS and HW end so i was hoping for a top ten depending on how long my tires would last. I started 5th row middle. I got a good start and i think i was 5th or 6th into turn one. I n turn three i got a couple of guys on the brakes and got into 3rd place. I was able to stay in 3rd untill lap 12 or so. A combination of the tires going away and me just being super tired resulted in me eventually finishing 6th. All in all not bad for being on a 750 but it would have been nice to have an extra 30-40hp:)

Big thanks to all the corner workers for standing out there in the rain and speedy recovery to all injured this weekend.
mike

UglyDogRacing
Mon Oct 13th, 2008, 11:18 AM
For ROR O i rode my gsxr 750. I went out on the tires i used in HW SS and HW end so i was hoping for a top ten depending on how long my tires would last. I started 5th row middle. I got a good start and i think i was 5th or 6th into turn one. I n turn three i got a couple of guys on the brakes and got into 3rd place. I was able to stay in 3rd untill lap 12 or so. A combination of the tires going away and me just being super tired resulted in me eventually finishing 6th. All in all not bad for being on a 750 but it would have been nice to have an extra 30-40hp:)

You got me on the brakes! :)

pilot
Tue Oct 14th, 2008, 06:22 AM
Mike,
Nice summary of the weekend. Hopefully, more will take a moment to give their POV on their rides. Best to you and all riders in the off-season.

-PUCK-
Tue Oct 14th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Nice job this weekend Mike. It was kinda nuts watching you guys run the Endurance in the rain. I pulled out of that. Saw 3 people go down during 5 mins of racing.:crazy:

Buddau
Tue Oct 14th, 2008, 07:32 PM
It was great watching you Mike, among others. It was great being back at PPIR! That place is great!

cromer611
Tue Oct 14th, 2008, 09:59 PM
great riding mike! I was trying so hard to keep up with you Last sunday to learn some lines b4 this last race. but your too damn fast!