PDA

View Full Version : Obession Movie(mailer)

The Black Knight
Mon Oct 13th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Edit:
I just realized I can't spell and Obsession is spelled wrong in the title. My fault

Has anyone here received this movie(short film) in the mail? Several of my co-workers have gotten copies and my boss let me borrow his. I must say this is an eye opening documentary. Fascinating information and an indepth look into radical islam.

If you have seen this movie what are your thoughts on it? Reason I ask, is that radical islam has inflitrated and interwoven with normal islam and in all places of the world.

I'm sure I'll get flamed by some on here for posting this but I don't really care. It's a movie that's great and informative and if you haven't seen, get yourself a copy soon.

JustSomeDude
Mon Oct 13th, 2008, 10:41 PM
I got the mailer too. Interesting flick, but I think it's exaggerating things. We really need to just sit these people down and have a chat with them over some tea and strumpets.

Once we realize why they hate us, we can just make a few tweaks to our social system, and peace and love and harmony will come over the globe. We will all then coexist without ever upsetting each other, and rainbows will fill the land, birds will soar higher than ever chirping merrily along the way, and blacks and whites will skip down the lane, hand in hand, singing "Zip-a-dee-doo-da", in perfect 72-degree, cloudless sky weather... because it will be summer every day, and never rain, sleet or snow.

PRAISE OBAMA!!!!!

chad23
Tue Oct 14th, 2008, 07:40 AM
I got the full length version 6 months back and it is a good watch.

DFab
Tue Oct 14th, 2008, 09:29 AM
You can watch on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=FE5A96CBDC2582F7

Sully
Tue Oct 14th, 2008, 09:38 AM
I received it also but haven't had a chance to view it. :wtf:

XJ600s
Tue Oct 14th, 2008, 12:08 PM
I found it at work several months ago in a New York Times. I set it aside to take home, but someone threw it away, saying it was crap or something like that. From the synopsis of it, it sounded interesting. Perhaps now I'll have to look into watching it sometime.

Snowman
Tue Oct 14th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Ok maybe I’m missing BK’s point of this film.

Why is the fact that this or any extremist group can move a given population to accept any belief and driven to commit any action, something we didn’t know about fundamentalist Islam?

They have always stated they hate anyone who does not believe the way they do. Not just Jews and Christians but everyone even other Muslims.

There isn’t any other reason why the US was attacked. In their mind we (as a nation) did not believe as they did, we presented a target and they exploited it.

They have tried to do this with every target that has presented itself. England, Spain, even as far away as the South Pacific.

They are no different from any other extremist groups out there. Those Japanese cult followers that set of poison gas on the Tokyo subway to name one example.

Squisha
Tue Oct 14th, 2008, 02:48 PM
I got the mailer too. Interesting flick, but I think it's exaggerating things. We really need to just sit these people down and have a chat with them over some tea and strumpets.

Hee Hee! Sorry man, I just gotta poke at this one...Strumpets are hookers! I guess I find it especially funny due to the fact that muslim extremists are so excited about their virgins. 'Coupla prostitutes would cure that right up! Crumpets would be ok too I guess...

salsashark
Tue Oct 14th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Hee Hee! Sorry man, I just gotta poke at this one...Strumpets are hookers! I guess I find it especially funny due to the fact that muslim extremists are so excited about their virgins. 'Coupla prostitutes would cure that right up! Crumpets would be ok too I guess...

I wasn't going to say anything :lol:

but if you wanna get technical, crumpet is English slang for a hottie... just not a working one... :hump:

The Black Knight
Tue Oct 14th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Ok maybe I’m missing BK’s point of this film.

Why is the fact that this or any extremist group can move a given population to accept any belief and driven to commit any action, something we didn’t know about fundamentalist Islam?

They have always stated they hate anyone who does not believe the way they do. Not just Jews and Christians but everyone even other Muslims.

There isn’t any other reason why the US was attacked. In their mind we (as a nation) did not believe as they did, we presented a target and they exploited it.

They have tried to do this with every target that has presented itself. England, Spain, even as far away as the South Pacific.

They are no different from any other extremist groups out there. Those Japanese cult followers that set of poison gas on the Tokyo subway to name one example.

Snowman,

I didn't want to start anything political about the Obsession movie. Just posted up as to see if anyone has seen it and what their thoughts on it were? I've come to my own conclusions about Radical Islam and they are my own beliefs. Just curious as to what others thoughts were and nothing more.

As for a few of your comments. Yeah radical islam is very different than other terrorist groups out there. Some groups just hoot and holler, while others act on their beliefs. As we've seen from 9/11, these extremist acted because they started to believe their own BS.

Are they any different that the KKK or Black Panthers or Weather Underground. No, all the groups focus around terrorism and use it as their main means of bringing about their point of views. You also have to look at one of the main recurring themes with alot of these groups is racial superiority(as a main belief). Radical Islam has it out for Israel and jewish people, to deny that would be a gross misunderstatement of who they really are.

And yes, I big time disagree with you about the USA being attacked and that lack of reason to attack us was not there. There was very good reason to attack us(according to their beliefs), we are the "Great Satan", and if you don't believe me. Watch the DVD and then tell me they don't believe that way. When you've got massive gatherings of radicals and they are all chanting "Death to America" and calling America and our President "Satan". Yeah they believe it and again it's the reason why they act on their beliefs.

From the get go, they have had it out for America and mainly Western beliefs. Also in the DVD they mention of having to purge America and the world. They mention that once they are in power, the Muslim flag will fly over the UK Parliament, and over the White House and all other countries who get in their way.

I mean come on, with comments like that you still don't think they are a threat?? Sure they have targeted other countries. However, as outlined in the documentary, they are becoming more and more widespread and reaching out to every country in the world.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Oct 14th, 2008, 04:58 PM
My buddy N_N got it, and he was gonna pitch it, but I took it instead. It should be an interesting view. Honestly, as was the case with watching "Blood Diamonds", or "Hotel Rwanda", this is also probably a case of the film NOT being as bloody and cruel as real life, if anything. I will advise....

I'm Da Monkey, and I approve this message....

The Black Knight
Tue Oct 14th, 2008, 05:07 PM
My buddy N_N got it, and he was gonna pitch it, but I took it instead. It should be an interesting view. Honestly, as was the case with watching "Blood Diamonds", or "Hotel Rwanda", this is also probably a case of the film NOT being as bloody and cruel as real life, if anything. I will advise....

I'm Da Monkey, and I approve this message....

Actually C_M,

It's mainly a documentary, and it's more about being informative. There is no violence(accept for film footage of actual attacks like 9/11) but more about information regarding this specific groups beliefs.

From what I gather, the documentary was shown on CNN and Fox News, so it had to be fairly TV friendly so a mixed audience could view it.

Filo
Tue Oct 14th, 2008, 08:44 PM
And yes, I big time disagree with you about the USA being attacked and that lack of reason to attack us was not there. There was very good reason to attack us(according to their beliefs), we are the "Great Satan", and if you don't believe me. Watch the DVD and then tell me they don't believe that way. When you've got massive gatherings of radicals and they are all chanting "Death to America" and calling America and our President "Satan". Yeah they believe it and again it's the reason why they act on their beliefs.

I think you guys are arguing the same point. Snowman said there isn't any OTHER reason they attacked except beliefs. You are saying they attacked because of their beliefs. Same argument. I think they attacked because they hate Brittney Spears (not really).

Snowman
Wed Oct 15th, 2008, 09:27 AM
I didn't want to start anything political about the Obsession movie. Just posted up as to see if anyone has seen it and what their thoughts on it were? I've come to my own conclusions about Radical Islam and they are my own beliefs. Just curious as to what others thoughts were and nothing more. Not a problem there. It is a good look at what is driving these people.

As for a few of your comments. Yeah radical islam is very different than other terrorist groups out there. Some groups just hoot and holler, while others act on their beliefs. As we've seen from 9/11, these extremist acted because they started to believe their own BS.
Are they any different that the KKK or Black Panthers or Weather Underground. No, all the groups focus around terrorism and use it as their main means of bringing about their point of views. I would disagree with you that radical Islam is very different from other terrorist groups.

The basic driving force behind any fundamentalist group is the belief that their way is correct and any other belief is wrong. As Flio said, I think we are talking about the something here.

Al-Qaeda, Aum Shinri Kyo, Branch Davidians and even the KKK all committed violence towards others simply because they believed in their own righteousness (Yes in other words believing in their own BS). It’s the degree of their intolerance towards other beliefs that determines how dangerous any group is.

You also have to look at one of the main recurring themes with alot of these groups is racial superiority(as a main belief). Radical Islam has it out for Israel and jewish people, to deny that would be a gross misunderstatement of who they really are. The impression I got from this film and most other creditable sources is that Radical Islam hates anyone who does not believe as they do, even other Muslims.

Lets take Al-Qaeda.
They are Sunnis who believe in the creation of an Islamic Caliphate. Anyone who doesn’t want to turn Sunni and live under Shira Law is a infidel and thus can be killed.

We can see this in the places Al-Qaeda has attacked.
In Africa Al-Qaeda has been involved with a number of bombing attacks in North Africa, Eritrea, Somalia and Sudan.
In Asia Al-Qaeda has been involved in Afghanistan and northwest sections of Pakistan.
In the South Pacific Al-Qaeda has been involved in attacks in the Philippines and Indonesia.
In Europe Al Qaeda has been involved in attacks carried out in Istanbul, London, Madrid and Bosnia.
In the Middle East Al-Qaeda has been involved in attacks inside Saudi Arabia, Iraq and Yemen.
In the US Al-Qaeda has been involved in two successful attacks in New York 1993 and Washington and New York 2001

Most of the attacks have not been in the US. The places they were successful where places that were not well protected, thus, they were able to exploit it. We know there have been many attempts at other attacks all over the world that were also not successful.

I do not think their hatred of others is as specific as you are implying.

I think the reason you maybe be seeing more talk from them about the Jewish people is because they are in their backyard. If for instance the Jewish people had their country in Europe I believe the rhetoric would be targeted more towards the Saudis.

From the get go, they have had it out for America and mainly Western beliefs. Also in the DVD they mention of having to purge America and the world. They mention that once they are in power, the Muslim flag will fly over the UK Parliament, and over the White House and all other countries who get in their way.

As far as being called the Great Satan, have you read what these people feel about the Saudi Royal family. It makes Great Satan seem like the messiah.

Since the US is also in Saudi Arabia, Iraq and supporting Israel we became a more of a target. I do agree we would still be a target because of our beliefs, however if we were not engaged with these countries, we would have been further down on Al-Qaeda’s list. I think it goes Saudi Royal family, Israel, US, Allies of the US and then anyone else that isn’t a Sunni.

I still think 9/11 would have happened though because I see that as an attack of opportunity.

Cars-R-Coffins
Wed Oct 15th, 2008, 11:07 PM
It just goes to show what years of propaganda can do to rally a group of people. The similarities to Nazi Germany appear to be correct.

With so many other things to preoccupy us, most Americans have no time for some silly jihad :guns:

fullgrownbear
Thu Oct 16th, 2008, 02:32 AM
It just goes to show what years of propaganda can do to rally a group of people. The similarities to Nazi Germany appear to be correct.

With so many other things to preoccupy us, most Americans have no time for some silly jihad :guns:

What he said.

Cars-R-Coffins
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 06:42 PM
America's version, Jesus Camp:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD2Hyiitpys