PDA

View Full Version : Not a racer but..

fullgrownbear
Mon Oct 13th, 2008, 11:55 PM
Is this our Aaron Clark (Clarkie)? I remember meeting him at erico motorsports when they did their free dyno day at the beginning of this season.

I may be wrong, but I think that's who was running the dyno that day?

Get well soon bro. You've been a great service to many motorcyclists and even me, even though I barely knew you!

Here are the links:
http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=34627
http://www.getwellclarkie.com/

I am a frequent visitor to the yamaha FZ1 forum. Suprisingly enough, the motorcycle community is even more tight knit than I thought.

One of the longtime members and great parts suppliers "PJ" posted up about him - I figured I would reference his post since I didn't see anything on this subject yet. Here's the link to the original thread over there: http://www.yamahafz1oa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88124

P.S. Is this old news? If so, sorry for posting.

fullgrownbear
Tue Oct 14th, 2008, 12:01 AM
Alright.. Just had a chance to read a little bit more of the post's on the second link.

This is the Aaron Clark of longmont - and if I remember correctly the one that so graciously volunteered his time on the free Erico Dyno Day.

The second website has a place for donations, FYI.

The accident sounded pretty serious, as he is in critical condition. CPR may have saved his life. Get well soon Sir.

455bird
Tue Oct 14th, 2008, 12:16 AM
Rybo made a sticky in the MRA section wishing him well. http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26533
It is pretty amazing how truly small the motorcycling community is and how everyone pulls together. There's lots of support on the aprilia forum as well. I've never had the chance to meet Aaron, but no one has anything but good things to say about him so I hope he makes a fast recovery, and he's in my prayers.

dirkterrell
Tue Oct 14th, 2008, 08:33 AM
This is the Aaron Clark of longmont - and if I remember correctly the one that so graciously volunteered his time on the free Erico Dyno Day.

Yep, that's him.

There's lots of support on the aprilia forum as well. I've never had the chance to meet Aaron, but no one has anything but good things to say about him so I hope he makes a fast recovery, and he's in my prayers.

Clarkie is a great ambassador for the sport and a damn good rider. This being my first season in the MRA, I was a little surprised that after the races a small but not negligible number of the racers never seemed to acknowledge what little crowd there was. No, let's just say that I was shocked and dismayed. I think it's the least a racer could do, no matter how disappointing his/her own performance, to give a wave at the people who love the sport enough to come out and watch. If anyone has a right to blow off the crowd, it's Clarkie but I have never seen him do it. He even did a nice wheelie through turn 7 at Pueblo once after winning a race. The crowd loved it. In this day and age, it seems rare to find those with both superior athletic talent and class. Clarkie is one of those and I hope he comes out of this ok and can get back to doing what he and his many fans love.

Dirk

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Oct 14th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Wow! Never met the guy, but heard good things about him. Best of luck in your recovery, I'll be pulling for ya!

Gixxer-Junkie
Sun Nov 9th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Over the last few years, Aaron has been a great friend who's always willing to bend over backwards to help when anyone could use it. He is one of the nicest, most geniune person I have ever met. I certainly hope the motorcycle community pulls together to help Aaron, Tedy and the rest of the family the way that he has helped everyone else. Get well soon Clarkie, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

rforsythe
Sun Nov 9th, 2008, 02:26 PM
CPR may have saved his life.

CPR DID save his life. The resuscitative efforts by a handful of people (both EMS and non-EMS) are the reason he's alive at all.

Though unrelated to this, I'm renewing my own CPR/AED card on Tuesday. I recommend everyone do the same! Even a basic CPR non-AED class is great. The one I'm taking is $50 at HealthONE, CPR-only is probably cheaper. This incident illustrates why we should all have the skill.

64BonnieLass
Sun Nov 9th, 2008, 02:55 PM
CPR DID save his life. The resuscitative efforts by a handful of people (both EMS and non-EMS) are the reason he's alive at all.

Though unrelated to this, I'm renewing my own CPR/AED card on Tuesday. I recommend everyone do the same! Even a basic CPR non-AED class is great. The one I'm taking is $50 at HealthONE, CPR-only is probably cheaper. This incident illustrates why we should all have the skill.

Agreed! Not much else to do all Winter, may as well educate myself on something that could help someone someday. Thank you Ralph.

Aaron IS the nicest person. I haven't met his wife yet. I filled out an envelope to send money then got horribly sick myself, so I will try and get refocused and get that in the mail this week.