PDA

View Full Version : what now

chad23
Tue Oct 14th, 2008, 09:29 PM
With Motohaus closed and the only other bike night event in north denver. I was thinking we should have our own bike night. I was thinking about Friday night at either BWW (in ft. collins), hooters in loveland, or BWW in longmont. So post your opinions and lets get our own night

Friday at BWW (harmany and collage) at 6:30
Chad23 +3
Think
Cathy +1 or 2
CH10 + alot?

sag
Tue Oct 14th, 2008, 09:33 PM
starbucks in old town?

mtnairlover
Tue Oct 14th, 2008, 09:39 PM
Um...there's an Old C's over on hwy34 in the Target shopping center area as well (close to the outlet mall). It has a patio for those warm summer eves that faces kinda southeast and there's a good sized parking lot. It's close to die-25 for anyone heading up from the smaller towns like Johnstown, Milliken, Greeley (that's more hwy34)...um...also for anyone heading down from the Fort.

Maybe save the poll for us to have more opinions?

chad23
Tue Oct 14th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Sorry but I've been on a wang kick lately. vote for other place. Just getting the idea out. I would like to go somewhere with food for dinner. Starbucks is nice but never as good as Motohaus and would be an insult to all that when there, plus old town on a friday can get a little crazy

mtnairlover
Tue Oct 14th, 2008, 09:52 PM
I'm voting for Old Cs, but still on Fridays. It's a good night. The place is easy to get to for lots of outlying places. You can still take your kids there if you want to. I like where the patio is for summer seating, since it will more than likely be shaded. What other positives can I add....hmmm?

chad23
Tue Oct 14th, 2008, 10:05 PM
I'm voting for Old Cs, but still on Fridays. It's a good night. The place is easy to get to for lots of outlying places. You can still take your kids there if you want to. I like where the patio is for summer seating, since it will more than likely be shaded. What other positives can I add....hmmm?
Soooooo what are you trying to say there Cathy.
Old C's is good lets see what others say?

mtnairlover
Tue Oct 14th, 2008, 10:08 PM
Like Chad says...post up bitches!

Oh and if you want the demure me...purdy please would ya post up where you would like to meet for an evening of good food and good friends;-)

chad23
Tue Oct 14th, 2008, 10:14 PM
wait we have good friends.... When did that happen

mtnairlover
Tue Oct 14th, 2008, 10:16 PM
lol...sigh...I miss you:(

Much love and hugs to the wife and kids.

Oh and like I was saying...post up bitches!:D

Foolds
Tue Oct 14th, 2008, 10:17 PM
CHAD! you forgot option F Come chill with the north central crew because we want to be as cool as them! See ya Friday!

denver_whitest185
Wed Oct 15th, 2008, 12:27 AM
BWW in foco :)

schwagman
Wed Oct 15th, 2008, 12:45 AM
What about Old C's in
longmont?

schwagman
Wed Oct 15th, 2008, 12:55 AM
BWW in longmont is nice and has a patio for those how want to get there sun on. And It is very kid friendly

schwagman
Wed Oct 15th, 2008, 12:59 AM
Old C's in Longmont also has good patio and good food. It is very kid friendly.

Think
Wed Oct 15th, 2008, 07:32 AM
I voted for Hooters because the first thought that came to my mind was boobies, but after further consideration, food that doesn't make me vomit trumps boobies in this situation. So my vote has changed to BWW in FoCo.

Nimijneb
Wed Oct 15th, 2008, 10:30 AM
What is BWW?

CurtisRR
Wed Oct 15th, 2008, 10:48 AM
What is BWW?

Buffalo Wild Wings and that has my vote.

mtnairlover
Wed Oct 15th, 2008, 10:48 AM
What is BWW?

BWW = Buffalo Wild Wings.

Just to make a little rationale here, but while there's quite a few folks in FTC, there's lots of folks all around the area, which includes Greeley, Johnstown, Milliken, Loveland, etc. So, that's why I suggested Old Cs in order to have a meetin spot that's a little more in the middle of the region. If we do BWW in FTC, we might just exclude those other areas because of a further driving/riding distance.

Just my .02.

TurboGizzmo
Wed Oct 15th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Cathy's house!

lowendgruntpower
Wed Oct 15th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Hey guys. This is Tyler from MotoHaus- just signed up here on CSC. I'm working up at Beemers and More in North FoCo now, and we've decided to put together a bike night to try and help fill the gap with MotoHaus gone. We're gonna serve coffee and espresso, and we've got a flatscreen to watch movies on, plus a really large parking lot all to ourselves in the evenings. We're gonna start next Thursday (the 23rd of this month), and we'll stay open until 8pm each Thursday after that for bike nights (so bike night goes from 5-8 pm instead of 9). We'll have soda, tea and waters for non-coffee drinkers and we've reorganized our showroom to accommodate having a good crowd in there Thursdays.

I miss Moto, and I hope we can keep a lot of the great group that gathered there together- I don't know if you guys had cemented any other plans for a weekly get-together, but we'd love to see you next week! As for this week, is anyone meeting anywhere? I feel cruddy for missing the last bike night, but I had a mid-term that went until 7pm that night. Wish I'd have known it was final!

skortch
Wed Oct 15th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Sorry but I've been on a wang kick lately.

Hmmm...

I like the idea of someplace in either S. FT. C. (like BWW) or N. Loveland but I can see Cathy's point about Loveland being in the center of the region. Is there any place cool in North/Central Loveland? Not that 34/25 would be that far away...

I've heard some others are starting to meet at Catalyst Coffee at Shields and Horsetooth, but that might be more the advrider types - not sure.

-Mark

BeoBe
Wed Oct 15th, 2008, 11:44 AM
hooters would be cool but on a sat lol

BigE
Wed Oct 15th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Dang, missed out on the Motohaus last night deal, are they closed for the season or permanent?
There's a new BBQ place called Nordy's that's on Crossroads and I-25 that could be a possibility.

mtnairlover
Wed Oct 15th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Nordy's sounds good.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=4360+St+Cloud+Drive+Loveland,+CO+80538&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=title

Anyone wanna scope it out on Friday this week to see what it's like? It's a pretty good location on the East side of I-25 and easy to get to from all around. Plus, it's close to many different vehicle dealerships, ie. MotoAdventure, the BMW/Ducati dealer, Tri-City, etc.

I'm not saying make this permanent, but it might be good to just check it out and see what it's like, what the food is like and if they can handle a big group of people.

pauliep
Wed Oct 15th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Old C's in Aurora!

chad23
Wed Oct 15th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Old C's in Aurora!
Let me think about

NO

chad23
Wed Oct 15th, 2008, 02:44 PM
How about this, lets do BWW on Harmany and Collage this friday at 6:30pm. if we dont like it we'll try a different place.
whos in?
Chad23 +3

CurtisRR
Wed Oct 15th, 2008, 03:25 PM
How about this, lets do BWW on Harmany and Collage this friday at 6:30pm. if we dont like it we'll try a different place.
whos in?
Chad23 +3

If I am in town I'd be up for that. I believe I will know tomorrow what my plans are.

Think
Wed Oct 15th, 2008, 03:31 PM
whos in?
Chad23 +3
In.

chad23
Wed Oct 15th, 2008, 03:36 PM
All that are going I'm adding to the first post, so if your in let me know

mtnairlover
Wed Oct 15th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Fine if that's the way you want it...then list me + 1...maybe 2.

SaShWhO
Wed Oct 15th, 2008, 04:05 PM
ohh you indecisive sniffly little bizatches.
whatever you decide on will work for me now and again.
I'd ride to worlds end to hang out with y'all.

Foolds
Wed Oct 15th, 2008, 04:28 PM
I'd ride to worlds end to hang out with CATHY

Fixed it for ya sash! :hump:

chad23
Wed Oct 15th, 2008, 04:43 PM
I'd ride to worlds end to hang out with y'all.
I have ridden to the worlds end for you Sash, and i would do it again.....just not this week
still love you

chad23
Wed Oct 15th, 2008, 04:46 PM
BWW is cool with us going there. I told him I would have a head count by thursday at 5ist. so they can set up an area for us. So come one come all(and yes you north central folks can come on up too)

crazyhammer10
Wed Oct 15th, 2008, 05:01 PM
hey you crazy sommmaaaaaabeaches im in for food but please make up your mind
it will be me plus 1 maybe 2 or 3 possibally 4 but beings i have a family of 5 i'll just say 5 (cinco) ( fumf )

Foolds
Wed Oct 15th, 2008, 05:25 PM
BWW is cool with us going there. I told him I would have a head count by thursday at 5ist. so they can set up an area for us. So come one come all(and yes you north central folks can come on up too)

maybe next week we are doing our own bww thing this week. I'm trying to get them to do a deal with us =)

chad23
Wed Oct 15th, 2008, 05:34 PM
maybe next week we are doing our own bww thing this week. I'm trying to get them to do a deal with us =)
Same here, i just need to know who's in. let me know what you get

CanAm
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 08:36 AM
See the Beemers & More bike night event posted in the Social Events forum.

chad23
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 08:39 AM
See the Beemers & More bike night event posted in the Social Events forum.
Sounds like fun but I want food

CanAm
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 10:44 AM
Sounds like fun but I want food

Chad,
They ARE planning to have food, coffee & soft drinks. Check out the flier in the Social Events thread.
BWW is a great place for food and beer, but IMHO is is a poor place for bike night. Now if you can get them to rope off a section of the parking lot just for bikes and reserve a bunch of tables for riders, that would be different.
Don

sky_blue
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 11:33 AM
Cool that Beemers and More is having Bike Night. I will definately stop in. Unfortunately, Beemers and More suffers from the same unfortunate flaw that MotoHaus did -- crappy location. Beemers and More may actually be harder to get into and out of than MotoHaus was. That aside, they have a great shop, many sweet bikes, and some wicked gear there.

As for picking a bike night location there seems to be a choice between a sit-down and eat kinda place, and a stand-around in a parking lot and stare at bikes kinda place. For the winter months, sit-down may be best, but come summer, I'd rather hang around outside with bikes than go inside and sit and order dinner. I really liked MotoHaus for the stand-aroundness, but yeah, it would be nice to get food too.

Maybe by spring the FIVE GUYS burgers will be open in the new Harmony shopping area (Harmony between Timberline and Ziegler, <1 mile west of I-25). Food and big parking lots there. SmashBurger is already open in there, but it's on the side with a remarkable lack of parking.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Oct 24th, 2008, 11:10 AM
I'm up for BWW. No offense, but the ability to have beer, booze, and food....and cute girlies trumps the other places. Now, I love T&A as much as the next guy, but Hooters is too expensive, and the food's bettter at BWW anyways. firday's work for me as I have to go to Louiseville on thursday nights just to see my daughter anyways.