PDA

View Full Version : Snow Boarders...10/16 Cheap Gear

Ceez
Wed Oct 15th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Burton is having a sample sale tomorrow night, good chance to get some gear for cheap...just wanted to spread the word.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y177/lowlifes63/MISC/SampleSale.gif

Captain Obvious
Wed Oct 15th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Any clue on what level of discounts? I aint gonna drive from CS for a $10 savings. :)

Ceez
Wed Oct 15th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Any clue on what level of discounts? I aint gonna drive from CS for a $10 savings. :)

Not too sure how much Burton marks down their samples, but if its anything like our sample sales, then everything should be about 50% off.

Matty
Wed Oct 15th, 2008, 10:36 PM
I actualled talked to JD the Burton Rep today at worked and he said there should be some good stuff for sale.

just remember most of the sample stuff isn't made as well as the product that goes to retailers. Board, Boots and Bindings are fine. But the softgoods, like clothing i'd check over before buying.

salsashark
Thu Oct 16th, 2008, 07:45 AM
1. like Matty said... samples are not built to any quality specifications. I bought a sample jacket several years ago and it lasted about 4 trips...

2. It's Burton... overpriced mediocre equipment. Yeah, they used to be the best, but as they've grown, their attention to detail and quality control has taken a nose dive (just like New Belgium)

Who cares if they knock a couple of bucks off.

Matty
Thu Oct 16th, 2008, 06:24 PM
2. It's Burton... overpriced mediocre equipment. Yeah, they used to be the best, but as they've grown, their attention to detail and quality control has taken a nose dive (just like New Belgium)

I have NEVER been a big fan of Burton, other than their Bindings.

Their Boots are garbage. A good upper-end boot should last about 100 days. Burton boots, other than their Driver model, last maybe 30 days. They pack out way too fast and loose their stiffness way too quickly. I've owned 2 pairs and have been given a few from Reps over the years, they fit great out of the box, but like i said once you hit that 30 day mark they suck.

I do like their bindings. They used to be known for splittin right below the high back. But that shit has been fixed. They really do make good bindings. I ride the P1's on my all mountain board and the Cartel's on my park board.

As for their boards, i hate to say it, but they aren't mediocre at all. Their boards are well made, definitely technical, and priced pretty reasonable. For 'o9 they have 36 men's boards and 16 women's boards. If you can't find the right board for your riding style, somethings wrong. Now the flipside is that 52 boards in one line, is pretty ridiculous. Only about 8% of snow boarders actually now enough about boards and enough about construction of a board to know which kind of board is exactly right for them. wow, that was a long run-on sentence. Anyways, so having that many models is pretty ridiculous.

What i don't like is that they are trying to own Snowboarding. They are the Wal-mart of the Snowboard industry. They have already bought 4 Star Distribution, which is Forum, Special Blend, and Circa shoes. And they plan to buy more.