PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Marines...

pauliep
Wed Oct 15th, 2008, 09:31 AM
To all my fellow Colorado Marines out there I would like to extend an invitation to the 223rd Marine Corps birthday ball. SgtMaj has gone ahead to mention to invite other Marines that we know to our Ball.

Date: 8 Nov
Time: 1800-2400
The Renaissance Hotel
3801 Quwbec St
Denver, CO 80207

Ticket price: $60

Feel free to contact me if you would be interested.

fullgrownbear
Wed Oct 15th, 2008, 11:41 AM
I would come but I don't think I can fit in my blues anymore, and think I'm working that night. You guys have a good time. Semper.

pauliep
Wed Oct 15th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Heck, where a suit. It'd be more comfortable anyway. If I'm not mistaken and I can go look it up. You're only allowed to wear your blues 60 days after from the day you leave active duty.

Whoa, I don't recall where I heard that from but I looked it up and was wrong. If you retired, you are good to where them and if you served during a time of war and have the National Defense medal, you good to go again. Not sure who doesn't have the ND medal but here is the reference so you can see every reason you should get those bad boys taylored again.

http://www.marcorsyscom.usmc.mil/sites/mcub/PAGES/Appropriate%20Wear%20of%20the%20Uniforms.htm

LadyT
Wed Oct 15th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Yeah Jase and I were invited too, but his blues and all his medals were stolen so he is not sure if he wants to go. However, I am still trying to talk him into it :)

pauliep
Wed Oct 15th, 2008, 12:28 PM
I would say then wear ribbons but he would need the blues to put those on. Well remind him there's birthday cake or is this the issue that he is trying to put all this behind him still? Btw, when we going to start with some season one action of our Lost marathon parties?

LadyT
Wed Oct 15th, 2008, 12:47 PM
You know I am not too sure. One of my friends friend I think is the person sort of putting the ball together. He actually asked Jase to do a speech for everyone. Well I would like to go...that is all I know LOL

We should start our marathon parties....shoot me a text and tell me where you live.

Superfreak
Fri Oct 17th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Devil, you know I'm down to raise a glass with ya! Thanks again for picking up the tickets.

Superfreak
Fri Oct 17th, 2008, 09:05 PM
I would come but I don't think I can fit in my blues anymore, and think I'm working that night. You guys have a good time. Semper.

All I read is blah blah blah, I'm too fat. :rolleyes:

fullgrownbear
Sat Oct 18th, 2008, 07:17 AM
You're going to be running the PFT every saturday and sunday for a month if you keep that up devil dog!

I only gained 20 pounds, and I need it - In my job you sometimes have to throw your weight around!

Drink a coors light for me. And I mean a coors light.

Semper