PDA

View Full Version : Track in Arvada?

wankel7
Thu Oct 16th, 2008, 09:47 PM
What is this place?

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/download.php?Number=1248338&t=k&om=1

James

ghostrider_9
Thu Oct 16th, 2008, 09:52 PM
I saw that before and wandered the same.

chad23
Thu Oct 16th, 2008, 09:54 PM
crop circle for the motorcycle aliens.

SamuraiX
Thu Oct 16th, 2008, 10:12 PM
Looks like they show cops how to drive there.

Mae
Thu Oct 16th, 2008, 10:12 PM
thats Camp something or other. Its actually in golden, I pass by it all the time on the way to my friends place, I thought for a while there I could take denver parkway straight to her place but it ends right into it. I dont know if its military or a cop place or what but yeah.

pilot
Thu Oct 16th, 2008, 10:13 PM
That's the CSP test/training track in Golden, Table Mountain. It is available for rent for private use. Nice, but a lot of left-handers.

Mae
Thu Oct 16th, 2008, 10:26 PM
Pilot you rock :) I didnt know that! Im sure Jenny would like to hear that!

wankel7
Thu Oct 16th, 2008, 11:06 PM
That's the CSP test/training track in Golden, Table Mountain. It is available for rent for private use. Nice, but a lot of left-handers.

Man, wonder how much that would rent for....be fun for a CSC day:)

Matt
Fri Oct 17th, 2008, 06:32 AM
We did a Shelby event there back about 10 years ago, it was pretty fun. You could run it in either direction.

200sr20
Fri Oct 17th, 2008, 09:34 AM
My dad has gotten to play around there with a police cruiser. He said it was pretty fun.

asp_125
Fri Oct 17th, 2008, 09:34 AM
I've been out there with the car clubs. The pavement is nicer than Second Creek was, but the CSP training drags tons of gravel onto the track and it's a big pain to broom sweep the corners. The lack of clean runoffs for bikes scare me, there are rocks and dips.. for sure not up to track standards.

Sortarican
Fri Oct 17th, 2008, 09:54 AM

F-in Pilot with his cop connections.
I bet his car has cop tires, cop suspension, and a cop motor.
(OK, who knows the movie reference?)

Supposedly the owner of the company I worked for built a training track for the Douglas County cops somewhere.
I should ask him if it's true and if it's available for rent sometime.

rybo
Fri Oct 17th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Ahhh yes, The Blues Brothers!

Keep your eyes peeled the Chicane schedule for 2009 is going to be bigger and better than this year! More tracks, more weekend days more fun!

LadyT
Fri Oct 17th, 2008, 10:30 AM
I was up on Lookout Mountain once (no not doing anything dirty!) and it was cool to watch the cop lights fly around the track.

Foolds
Fri Oct 17th, 2008, 10:44 AM
LadyT (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/member.php?u=1098)

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/customavatars/avatar1098_4.gif (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/member.php?u=1098)

Wow I must have missed something! Should I be Charging you rent Lady T?

Mother Goose
Fri Oct 17th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Only if you go counter clockwise! :D

I got to go up there w/ a friend that has a key to the gate.... at night... during a snow storm. :shocked: Drifting around that track in my Subaru was one of the best times I've had in my car. :hump:

Foolds
Fri Oct 17th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Only if you go counter clockwise! :D

I got to go up there w/ a friend that has a key to the gate.... at night... during a snow storm. :shocked: Drifting around that track in my Subaru was one of the best times I've had in my car. :hump:

That would be bad ass, What kinda Subaru you got? Ive got a 05 Legacy GT

Mother Goose
Fri Oct 17th, 2008, 01:13 PM
That would be bad ass, What kinda Subaru you got? Ive got a 05 Legacy GT
Nice! That will be my next car, an '07 GT in Diamond Gray Metalic. :drool: Right now I have an '01 2.5RS Coupe.

pilot
Fri Oct 17th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Man, wonder how much that would rent for....be fun for a CSC day:)Contact the CSP. But I think it is around 2kish. Plus insurance, etc. The track allows for long straight runs into both tight and sweeper corners. Along the main N/S run, on the west side, there is a hump (simulating a culvert under the road) that you can get airborne on on the west side of the road. At one time a while back I was looking at putting together a track day out there, but we can let Chicane work on that now.

On another note: Good riding to all this fall!

asp_125
Fri Oct 17th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Goose & Foolds, you should get hooked up with the Subaru club and come out for track days. I hear they are trying to get a date at HPR next spring. Flatirons Subaru sponsored a couple events at the CSP track.

Foolds
Fri Oct 17th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Goose & Foolds, you should get hooked up with the Subaru club and come out for track days. I hear they are trying to get a date at HPR next spring.

Subaru club? Thats news to me. Im a member of LegacyGt but I would love to do a track day with my "company car" =)

Mother Goose
Fri Oct 17th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Goose & Foolds, you should get hooked up with the Subaru club and come out for track days. I hear they are trying to get a date at HPR next spring. Flatirons Subaru sponsored a couple events at the CSP track.
I'm on Pirates, if that's what you're talking about. I'm Chadwick on there. I'm the moderator for the Motorcycling Forum on there. My RS is an auto (for now) so doing a track day isn't much fun for me right now. Once I get it swapped, I'll be out there for sure.

Subaru club? Thats news to me. Im a member of LegacyGt but I would love to do a track day with my "company car" =)
If it's what I'm thinking, check out www.awdpirates.net. There's a few of us from CSC that are on the Pirates' board.