PDA

View Full Version : Stereo Guru's...

Gregger
Fri Oct 17th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Recommend me a good local shop.. Got my insurance check, and aside from an alarm, I need to get some tunes put back... Of course, it'd be nice if I got the car back too.. Hopefully Monday..

Mel
Fri Oct 17th, 2008, 04:38 PM
if you can't do it yourself, I have had friends get some decent installs through Car Toys.

eklew
Fri Oct 17th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Stay away from Circuit City. I had my old truck broken into, had a body shop replace the dash and then Circuit Shity installed my new deck and scratched the brand new dash!!!! WTF. My wife has had good luck with Car Toys installing the stereos in her cars.

Gregger
Fri Oct 17th, 2008, 04:48 PM
I stopped in Car Toys, and got a quote.. Prices are inline with Crutchfield. I can do 99% of the install myself, but the custom alarm setup would have to be someone else.. I was just curious if Car Toys was a safe bet or not..

Foolds
Fri Oct 17th, 2008, 05:24 PM
I stopped in Car Toys, and got a quote.. Prices are inline with Crutchfield. I can do 99% of the install myself, but the custom alarm setup would have to be someone else.. I was just curious if Car Toys was a safe bet or not..

Ive also done about 70 installs on cars and can help. But yea the alarm I would let some one else do. Just make sure its a DEI alarm.

Gregger
Fri Oct 17th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Ive also done about 70 installs on cars and can help. But yea the alarm I would let some one else do. Just make sure its a DEI alarm.

I may just take you up on that...The alarm is a 2 way Clifford, top of the line... What's DEI?

I'm debating between ebay goods and self-install, or just having them do the whole thing...

PROFLYER
Fri Oct 17th, 2008, 06:12 PM
I've always had good luck with Ultimate up here in Ft. Collins, they always have the best price (will beat anyone) and their install shop is top notch. Plus, I've had some warranty issues with my alpine I put in my tahoe and they've fixed it no questions asked. Service after the sale is a huge plus.

Gregger
Fri Oct 17th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Cool. I'll have to stop in and talk with them too.

Gregger
Sat Oct 18th, 2008, 12:14 AM
If anyone has any goodies for sale..I need a 10/12 in a sealed box and a 4 channel amp....

Foolds
Sat Oct 18th, 2008, 12:38 AM
I may just take you up on that...The alarm is a 2 way Clifford, top of the line... What's DEI?

I'm debating between ebay goods and self-install, or just having them do the whole thing...

DEI Owns VIPER, PYTHON, and bought Clifford about 5 years ago and that about it. All very sold alarms. there are several others that are trash in my mind and experience.

Magnum
Sat Oct 18th, 2008, 04:36 PM
Why not make your own box? They are pretty easy to build and by doing it yourself you can customize it to fit the space right, rather than having a run of the mill box.

Some MDF, wood glue, a nail gun or screws, spray adhesive, insulation or dynomat, the carpet color of your choice and your good to go.

Easy weezy!!!

Gregger
Sat Oct 18th, 2008, 05:12 PM
I would love to make my own, but I'm in an apartment here, since I recently moved to Denver, and don't have my tools yet.. Still in CA.

derekm
Sun Oct 19th, 2008, 04:11 PM
talk to Amory at the downtown cartoys or Scott at park meadows. both are great install managers and will take care of your needs -d

Gregger
Sun Oct 19th, 2008, 05:08 PM
I'll stop in there tomorrow. Anyone used kustom kar audio in boulder? I'm going to do some shopping around this week. eBay is pretty enticing too.