PDA

View Full Version : Jetted the SV

surfinspacegirl
Tue Jun 10th, 2003, 03:21 PM
Took her down to TK Motorsports last Saturday (before the deer incident :) ) and watched & learned while Bart re-jetted my baby. Amazing how simple the process is when you have someone explain what they're doing as they're doing it :lol:

The first settings didn't quite give the results he wanted, but on the second try we got her running just right. Air: fuel ratio now hovers around 13 throughout the RPM band, I gained 2 HP, and smoothed out the power curve nicely. I think we ended up doing 10 dyno runs all in all.

Took her for a spin and the difference in throttle response was awesome :D she picks up so much quicker!

A big :up: to Bart & Brian at TK....

Hoopty
Tue Jun 10th, 2003, 03:29 PM
Very nice Hanna, I'm gonna take mine over to TFOG if I ever get my bike back. Oh yeah, I may be picking up some flat slides from Ducbloke! :o :D

surfinspacegirl
Tue Jun 10th, 2003, 03:38 PM
Very nice Hanna, I'm gonna take mine over to TFOG if I ever get my bike back. Oh yeah, I may be picking up some flat slides from Ducbloke! :o :D

Any news from Fay's on what's up with your SV? Fuggers have had it for 2 weeks already!!! :x

Flatslides are the way to go. I talked to Bart about getting some when I was down at TK, I think I'm gonna go with the 39mm. That's next on the shopping list after getting the front forks done & a Penske for the rear....

BTW, where did you get those preload adjusters for your forks?

Hoopty
Wed Jun 11th, 2003, 07:15 AM
They are waiting to see if they are gonna cover it, they are trying to pull some "abuse" BS on me right now. I guess some clutch plates are shattered and some bearings going bad on the rear cylinder rod/crank. Those fookers are really pissin' me off, what's the point of buying a warranty if they are gonna cover anything? :x :guns:

Anyway, I got the preload caps from my buddy Paul at Fay's (longrider on esportbike). He hooks up a 10% discount to anyone on there. I think they were like $50, they're just the stock caps from an 02... I've seen them for $160 other places :o so I would reccomend going through Paul to save some cash. PM me if you want his direct line. :up:

Polumbian
Wed Jun 11th, 2003, 09:26 AM
They are waiting to see if they are gonna cover it, they are trying to pull some "abuse" BS on me right now.

Abuse? WTF? I've seen you ride, you baby that bike!

Anonymous
Wed Jun 11th, 2003, 10:00 AM
They are waiting to see if they are gonna cover it, they are trying to pull some "abuse" BS on me right now. I guess some clutch plates are shattered and some bearings going bad on the rear cylinder rod/crank. Those fookers are really pissin' me off, what's the point of buying a warranty if they are gonna cover anything? :x :guns:

Hate to say it bro, but this sounds like almost every Suzuki warranty case I've ever heard of where it might cost them some money.

Hoopty
Wed Jun 11th, 2003, 10:26 AM
Abuse? WTF? I've seen you ride, you baby that bike!

:lol:

Ralph- It's not even a Suzuki warranty, it's one through Fay Myers! :x :321: They are the ones that make the call. I wouldn't take it to Fay's if I had the choice, believe me! :x

Anonymous
Wed Jun 11th, 2003, 10:30 AM
Just goes to reinforce what I've heard about those dealer-specific warranties :x :guns:

Anonymous
Wed Jun 11th, 2003, 10:36 AM
Still though ... it's not like it's costing Fay a red cent to fix your bike! Those warranties are provided by a 3rd party company, Fay and everyone else just resells them. If they wanted to fix your bike under it, they could. They're just trying to make more money off of you I think.

:guns: Dealer warranties. They're even worse than Suzuki factory ones!

For what they're going to charge you to pull that thing apart and fix it you might be able to pick up a new engine off eBay for less money, if it comes to that.

jwimbauer
Wed Jun 11th, 2003, 10:47 AM

Any news from Fay's on what's up with your SV? Fuggers have had it for 2 weeks already!!! :x

Flatslides are the way to go. I talked to Bart about getting some when I was down at TK, I think I'm gonna go with the 39mm. That's next on the shopping list after getting the front forks done & a Penske for the rear....

BTW, where did you get those preload adjusters for your forks?

Is there a particular reason that you don't go with the 41mm Flatslides? Also, you should check into a pressurized airbox which is available now for the SV. Ask Terry, we ran one (as a test) at Road Atlanta and it sure as heck works (had to jet up 2 sizes).

Good luck girl - kick butt, The sirens need you

Jurgen

surfinspacegirl
Wed Jun 11th, 2003, 10:55 AM
Is there a particular reason that you don't go with the 41mm Flatslides?
The air's thinner up here, so the thinking was that I don't need to go that big.

Also, you should check into a pressurized airbox which is available now for the SV. Ask Terry, we ran one (as a test) at Road Atlanta and it sure as heck works (had to jet up 2 sizes). Great, Jurgen, add another thing to the shopping list :roll: :lol: Just kidding....I'll ask Terry about that next time I see him :D

Good luck girl - kick butt, The sirens need you

Jurgen I don't think I'm quite at Siren standard yet, but thanks :D

Hoopty
Wed Jun 11th, 2003, 11:09 AM
The word is I shattered 4 clutch plates, and the rear cylinder rod/crank are shot. :shock: We'll see what happens here.

Jurgen, the 41 MM flatslides that DucBloke has for sale are side-draft, not down draft. Any idea if that'll work for my SV? Also, where do you find these pressurized airboxes for an SV?

jwimbauer
Wed Jun 11th, 2003, 12:50 PM
The word is I shattered 4 clutch plates, and the rear cylinder rod/crank are shot. :shock: We'll see what happens here.

Jurgen, the 41 MM flatslides that DucBloke has for sale are side-draft, not down draft. Any idea if that'll work for my SV? Also, where do you find these pressurized airboxes for an SV?

I am not sure about the side-draft flatslides and couldn't answer that since we only ran the regular 41mm Keihin downs.

There are several aftermarket manufacturers out there that have built the pressurized airboxes for the sV. I do like the one with the nozzle underneath the fairing (lots of air pressure).

http://www.bdkraceeng.co.uk/SV650.html

http://www.svrider.com/tips/ramair.htm

http://www.speedwerksracing.com/products.html (local not UK)

Hope that helps

Thanks

Jurgen

surfinspacegirl
Wed Jun 11th, 2003, 01:12 PM
The word is I shattered 4 clutch plates, and the rear cylinder rod/crank are shot. :shock: We'll see what happens here. :shocked: Yikes! I hope Fay has the sense to honor that warranty :x

Hoopty
Wed Jun 11th, 2003, 01:24 PM
Thanks Jurgen, I'll look into them. :up: