PDA

View Full Version : Another damned bike wreck on University and 470 this morning

Devaclis
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Anyone have an update? My boss passed it on the way in. Said it looked like a hit and run. 3rd on in that area in the past 3 weeks.

MetaLord 9
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 10:10 AM
If there's a place to get run over on 470, that's it. Traffic inexplicably slows down just past University & cars forget how much distance it takes to stop a car. Almost gotten mowed down a couple of times there... Hope the rider's ok.

Magnum
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Hmm, my wife said she saw one around University and Wildcat when she was taking the kiddo's to school. She said it was a harley or something with big side bags. She said it appeared to be a hit and run or the guy rounded the corner too fast and lost it. She also said it appeared the cops where in the investigation mode when she rolled through......

Devaclis
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 11:50 AM
OK, may be the same one. I'll ask again as my boss is near WC and Uni.

Mel
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 12:21 PM
I heard sirens come by this morning right before I headed to take kiddo to school. Didn't see any traffic or anything there though.

Sortarican
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Problem is Highlands Ranch drivers suck.
(Then again so do H/R riders. So it's a recipe for disaster.)

Devaclis
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 02:16 PM
It was a Metric Cruiser. Yamaha V-1000 or something. Boss thinks it may be a Hit and Run simply because there were soooo many police on scene. It was at Wildcat and University.

Slacker
Tue Oct 21st, 2008, 08:31 AM
My wife saw this... She said it was a BMW bike vs a BMW SUV. When she went by they already had the bike up on a tow truck. The suv was moved over to the side of the road facing north on University. The driver side rear passenger door of the SUV had damage. She thought the bike may have lost it on the turn and slid into the SUV (opinion). She couldn't tell the status of any driver/rider.

Devaclis
Tue Oct 21st, 2008, 09:29 AM
I wonder why bike wrecks are not newsworthy unless someone dies. Oh yeah, ratings.

MetaLord 9
Tue Oct 21st, 2008, 09:31 AM
I'd rather they not really be newsworthy at all. The less bad press we get, the better. And you know it'd be bad press too b/c, in general, the media can't seem to write up any story involving a motorcycle without demonizing the rider & group as a whole.