PDA

View Full Version : New Puppy

LadyT
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Ok so please bear with me everyone. It has been awhile since I have had a puppy and am kind of excited so I just wanted to show you some pics of our new addition. He is 12 weeks old and is named Diesel:) 9744

Suki
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 11:28 AM
AWWWW!!! he's sooo cute!!! look at his little wee weee!!!

oh and the puppy is cute too, bwahahahaha!

seriously, cute puppy!

Big-J
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Looks like you found the shelter, cool dog!

Supa77
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Congrats! Good lookin pup. :)

vegasbound
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 11:34 AM
What a great looking pup! Congrats!

Belly looks kinda bloated though, have you had him checked for worms?

Here my brindle pitbull "Pumpkin"

LadyT
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 11:35 AM
thank you...he seems awesome so far :)

LadyT
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 11:36 AM
they shelter said he was worm free....but he goes to the vet on Weds. His belly has gone down quite a bit so far...they said he always ate most of the food when they free fed :)

ghostrider_9
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 11:38 AM
I see you are collecting dogs . . . sorry I couldn't resist . . . j/k Jason . . .

LadyT
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 11:39 AM
ya puppies and devil dogs :)

ghostrider_9
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 11:40 AM
ya puppies and devil dogs :)

Damned good answer!

Sortarican
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Pitbulls are terible dogs.
Could be worse though I guess.
You could have got a wolf like some idiots around here.

J/K T.
Contrary to their reputation most of the Pits I've met have been sweethearts.

Nice looking pup.

LadyT
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 11:45 AM
well actually Im sure there is some pit in there...the shelter said he is boxer mix

vegasbound
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 11:49 AM
well actually Im sure there is some pit in there...the shelter said he is boxer mix

I'd say close to 100% pitbull, where did you get him?

Sortarican
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 11:49 AM

Best way to check:
Hold up a Micheal Vic jersey.....if he attacks, he's a Pit.

LadyT
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 11:54 AM
I'd say close to 100% pitbull, where did you get him?

Lifeline Puppy Rescue

Suki
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 12:02 PM
when you take him to the vet, they should be able to tell you if he's pit or not. i'd say he looks like a mix between pit and boxer though.

make sure you can have pits in your area! i think it's just denver, aurora and thornton that has a ban on them.

inkahootz
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 12:03 PM
SOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!

good luck and congrats!

TheStig
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 12:24 PM
What a cutie! Def has some pit in him but who cares, he looks like a good pup.

MAZIN
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Good lookin pup congrats! any dog in the right enviroment will thrive, just like a dog in a hostile enviroment will become aggresive. No matter the breed (although different breeds have different tendences) It all comes down to the owner! Man wish I had a bigger place I would get another big pup, oh well the 3 terriors I have now is quite enough.

LadyT
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 01:14 PM
thank you all...he is a quick learner...and actually lets me sleep all night :) hope it stays that way LOL

64BonnieLass
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 01:46 PM
OMG....that puppy needs an "Aunt Terri" for smoochy face kisses and belly rubs. :yes:

Adorable sweetie. I'm so happy for you guys....yay!! :yay:

LadyT
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 02:25 PM
oh Terri I will remember that when I need a babysitter :)

Devaclis
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 02:33 PM
He is gonna pee on all of your stuff and put his lipstick on you when you are sleeping. I will check back in 3 weeks to say I told you so.

64BonnieLass
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 02:37 PM
oh Terri I will remember that when I need a babysitter :)

As long as Zeus-ie boy can handle it.....BRING IT SISTER. (smoochies, smoochies, smoochies, belly rub, smooch....wait...belly rub...smooch....wait...belly ruuuuu.....AWWWWWWWW!!!!!:hump:

LadyT
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 03:05 PM
oh he will love him...and I promise to give you ample notice :)

64BonnieLass
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Let's have a puppy play date so he can get "socialized". It would be good for Zeusie boy too. And plus then I can just smoooooooooooooooooochhhhh

Jason isn't allowed to watch. LOLOLOLOL

LadyT
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 04:02 PM
have any days off this week?

64BonnieLass
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 04:09 PM
So far all days are open sistah! as long as it's "supervised" visits. It can be fun. Taryn will wanna play, zeusie boy....we will see, but I can protect the baby. It will be okay and fun.

LadyT
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 04:11 PM
I mean during the day. I have Weds off this week and was gonna take the puppy out for the day.

DevilsTonic
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Cute pup!

JustSomeDude
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Super cute!! You should call him "sausage" for short. :P

busagirl
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Awwwwwww T he's adorable! contrats on your new puppy!

LadyT
Tue Oct 21st, 2008, 08:50 AM
thank you guys....Terri and I had an interesting dog play date last night....he thinks he is a big dog already :)

64BonnieLass
Tue Oct 21st, 2008, 09:34 AM
Super fun T. Zeus is so tired today. :) I will send you the pics I have off of my camara.

AshliRider44
Tue Oct 21st, 2008, 09:49 AM
So cute!!! :) Our pups should play, how much does he weigh? Definitely make sure the vet checks him for worms, his tummy shouldn't be that bloated, but if it's gone down a lot that is good. Congrats on the new edition!

LadyT
Tue Oct 21st, 2008, 09:51 AM
Super fun T. Zeus is so tired today. :) I will send you the pics I have off of my camara.

Yes for sure....I really want that one of his passed out on the couch. Thanks for having us over.

LadyT
Tue Oct 21st, 2008, 09:57 AM
So cute!!! :) Our pups should play, how much does he weigh? Definitely make sure the vet checks him for worms, his tummy shouldn't be that bloated, but if it's gone down a lot that is good. Congrats on the new edition!

Well we have an appointment Sunday to get him all checked out. But I want to say he is about 15 lbs so far. At the shelter they said all puppies have been dewormed and his tummy is so big cause how much he eats. So we cut him back on his food a bit and its starting to go down, but I will still ask the vet.

AshliRider44
Tue Oct 21st, 2008, 05:33 PM
Well we have an appointment Sunday to get him all checked out. But I want to say he is about 15 lbs so far. At the shelter they said all puppies have been dewormed and his tummy is so big cause how much he eats. So we cut him back on his food a bit and its starting to go down, but I will still ask the vet.

We will definitely wait till he gets to about 30 lbs then :D Moose gets really excited about puppies!!

LadyT
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 01:03 PM
sounds good to me....he would probably do fine cause he acts like a big dog already....but we will play it safe

mclarke
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 01:24 PM
Mack is always up for some adventure!

64BonnieLass
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 01:29 PM
T did u get the cell phone pics?

LadyT
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 01:32 PM
ah yes I did....I forgot to write you back and tell you I did.

Did you ever get the ones off your camera? The one of him sleeping on your couch was hilarious:)

LadyT
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 01:33 PM
Mack is always up for some adventure!

Mack is such a cutie too....and yes I agree we shall have a play date

64BonnieLass
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 01:35 PM
I'll try and do it tonight. Gotta get the camara cleared off for Saturday anyway.

LadyT
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 01:49 PM
Awesome thanks....just post them on here and Ill save them

64BonnieLass
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 08:22 PM
Here you go:

The Happy Family:
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u311/Terri_Romaneschi/TamirasPuppy002.jpg

Auntie Terri with belly rubs:
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u311/Terri_Romaneschi/TamirasPuppy003.jpg

I just know I'm gonna be a big dog too someday (with Taryn):
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u311/Terri_Romaneschi/TamirasPuppy001.jpg

And the one's you really want:

Look at mah bellah.....it's an awesome bellah....do you wanna scratch my bellah:
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u311/Terri_Romaneschi/TamirasPuppy005.jpg

Okayz dat felt great, Imma sleep here now K:
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u311/Terri_Romaneschi/TamirasPuppy004.jpg

LadyT
Fri Oct 24th, 2008, 08:19 AM
ooooooohhhh he is too cute! I love the way the he sleeps:)

pilot
Fri Nov 7th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Mack is always up for some adventure!I'll second that. Mack is a great socializer. He and Mishka, my GSD, had a great romp on election night. I gotta hand it to PrillerNate and family for raising her to be so good around everyone--animals and people.:)

Player 2
Fri Nov 7th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Pitbulls are terible dogs.
Could be worse though I guess.
You could have got a wolf like some idiots around here.
:spit: Fuckin Jeff... just noticed this fucker :321:

Very cute puppy though :up:

pilot
Fri Nov 7th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Regard Pit Bulls:

I'll start this out by saying that I have no fear of dogs:siesta:. (women, on the other hand, j/k) I'm a fully trained K-9 handler and have fought (- with a wrap on) some of the biggest and meanest military and police attack dogs on the planet. I do have a healthy respect for what they can do.

I'm sadly a huge, but unwilling, part of the Pit Bull ban in Denver. Several years ago (89-90?) I rescued a male Pit I found running wild near SW C470. I called to him (why do I always rescue strays?) and he came charging toward me. It was either him or me, so I took on the Alpha roll and commanded him to get in the back seat of my car. He did. But then he tried to crawl in the front. I gave him a stern NO and hit him full force with my elbow in his chest. That shocked him and he sat down. I had charge...whewww. He was a big boy -- I mean big, biggest PB I had seen, and torn up as hell. He had bite mark scars all over and his neck flesh was completely ripped back 1-2 inches--360 around-- from where he had pulled out of a chain. Nothing but raw meat exposed. I took him to a horse vet, on a Sunday, who stitched him up (they didn't even need to use pain meds or anything to calm him--he just sat there while the doc stitched him up~~~ one tough-ass dog). Vet figured he was an underground fighting dog.

I took him home and he didn't get along with our others (two GSDs and a Greyhound), so he had to stay separate. I told my wife NEVER to run with him as it might get up his chase instinct. Well, she did and he took her down by the heel and started tearing into her. I ran up and started choking him till he nearly passed out--yelling NO all the time. My wife went to the hospital and we knew we had to give up the dog.

After several weeks of fending off drug dealers from the east-side we found a buyer who had a female pit in need of compainionship. He took the dog. Several weeks later I get a call from a friend who says, "Hey man open up the Denver Post to the front page of the Denver and the West section." Sure enough, there is the guy I sold the dog to. His arm was broken and in a cast. The article read that the dog went insaine on him and tried to kill him. He, with the help of some construction guys roped the dog and shot it with a shotgun!!! I couldn't believe it.

After that, there was a huge outcry and the Pit Bull ban in Denver came through. If anyone has access to the old files of the DP you might find it.

Fuck.:alien:

Having said that, I've a good friend with two PBs and they are my best buddies. We roll and romp.:)

One cute picture:

http://www.caltechgirlsworld.mu.nu/archives/images/k9gunnersmall.jpg

Jason ON
Fri Nov 7th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Puppies are always cute, especially when sleeping. I go to Cherry Creek Dog Park nearly everyday so if anyone ever wants to go exercise their dogs...