PDA

View Full Version : Are there vegetarians in Switzerland?

dirkterrell
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Sometimes I really wonder about the survival of our species.

http://planetsave.com/blog/2008/10/18/switzerland-places-ban-on-the-humiliation-of-plants/

I think I'll have some steamed broccoli tonight...

Dirk

salsashark
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 02:53 PM
I thing A. Whitney Brown said it best

"I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals. I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants."

I think the Swiss need to stop watching M. Night Shyamalan movies... notice I didn't say bad Shyamalan movies because that might infer that there is a good one.

Sortarican
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 02:57 PM
"....Beat Keller (http://lib.bioinfo.pl/auid:21929) is a molecular biologist at the University of Zurich...."

Well if beets can grow up to be molecular biologists I'd say they've insured pants rights to level we've never thought possible.
Though I hear getting him to pay his student loans was like trying to get blood from a turnip.

Devaclis
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 03:00 PM
"....Beat Keller (http://lib.bioinfo.pl/auid:21929) is a molecular biologist at the University of Zurich...."

Well if beets can grow up to be molecular biologists I'd say they've insured pants rights to level we've never thought possible.
Though I hear getting him to pay his student loans was like trying to get blood from a turnip.

Beautiful post Guinnevere.

Nick_Ninja
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 03:36 PM
"....he needed to hash out the potential threats to the dignity of the wheat."

Sounds like something right out of The Peoples Republik. I'll look for it on the ballot next time around.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Sometimes I really wonder about the survival of our species.

http://planetsave.com/blog/2008/10/18/switzerland-places-ban-on-the-humiliation-of-plants/

Dirk
I don't wonder anymore.......:)

Just for that, I'm gonna stomp on the grass all the way out to my truck, maybe kick a few divots, then go home and eat some brussell sprouts, use twice as many napkins, and double the amount of toilet paper I use.

Sure that law wasn't already passed in Boulder? Oregon maybe?

Nick_Ninja
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 04:25 PM
I don't wonder anymore.......:)

Just for that, I'm gonna stomp on the grass all the way out to my truck, maybe kick a few divots, then go home and eat some brussell sprouts, use twice as many napkins, and double the amount of toilet paper I use.

Sure that law wasn't already passed in Boulder? Oregon maybe?

You eat brussell sprouts and you're gonna need a truck load of TP. :D

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 04:34 PM
You eat brussell sprouts and you're gonna need a truck load of TP. :D
...yup....:)

Then, just to piss the Veget-Aryans off further, I'll have me a burger.:)

rforsythe
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 04:49 PM
I am making fun of a can of V8 as we speak. So far it has not run away crying. I don't know what to make of this; either it has developed a tough skin due to thousands of years of man's taunting and laughing, or it's just "sad on the inside". More to follow on this groundbreaking research.

One thing is for sure... I am putting Tool's Cries of the Carrots on the iPod. That track has reached new levels of hilarity.

salsashark
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Making fun of a V8? Isn't that kind of like throwing an 8 piece bucket up into the air and telling it to "Fly and be free"...

Captain Obvious
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Funny the article ends with asking if boiling potatoes is cruel.

rforsythe
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Making fun of a V8? Isn't that kind of like throwing an 8 piece bucket up into the air and telling it to "Fly and be free"...

:spit:

Mental
Tue Oct 21st, 2008, 01:00 PM
Caught the beginning of How I met Your Mother in between garage and fridge trips. The main character is ordering Lamb when another girls says "I wish I could silence the moral voice in me that screams eating animals is wrong. But I can't, I guess I'm not as strong as you."

"Thats becuase you're weak from a lack of protein, I'll have the lamb please"

Captain Obvious
Tue Oct 21st, 2008, 01:22 PM
Caught the beginning of How I met Your Mother in between garage and fridge trips. The main character is ordering Lamb when another girls says "I wish I could silence the moral voice in me that screams eating animals is wrong. But I can't, I guess I'm not as strong as you."

"Thats becuase you're weak from a lack of protein, I'll have the lamb please"

That show is so subtly genius.

ChrisCBX
Tue Oct 21st, 2008, 01:37 PM

Dirk

Thats OK if the broccoli was organically grown and not "cruelly" harvested. :)

"....he needed to hash out the potential threats to the dignity of the wheat."

Sounds like something right out of The Peoples Republik. I'll look for it on the ballot next time around.

:lol:

(funny but so true)