PDA

View Full Version : will be needing a huge favor

BeoBe
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 03:27 PM
I will be needing a huge favor coming up soon if weather prevails and i figured this is prolly the best spot to toss this up.

I will be moving from greeley to sterling which is about 1 1/2 hours east northeast from greeley due to taking a job with the logan county sheriffs dept. My dads Goldwing will need to be taken there and i dont really wanna ride it since i never have ridden one before.

This is a 2 part favor, the current battery in the bike is dead so would like to get someone that 1 has experience riding goldwings and 2 has a battery that can be placed into the bike for the move, i will gladly return you back to greeley after we get the bike moved.

Anyone that can help please lemme know as this is prolly my biggest concern, unless we have room to put it in the uhaul which is doubtful or if anyone has a trailer that the bike can be loaded on that will work too but will still need to borrow a battery cause im not about to try and push that beast around dead in water.

Thanks in advance

CHRISTIAN COWBOY
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 05:18 PM
I have a flat bed trailer with a drop down ramp that you are welcome to use. We haul our 3 dirt bikes on it and it has adjustable tie-down areas. I live in Ft. lupton.

BeoBe
Mon Oct 20th, 2008, 11:17 PM
that may actally work being your pretty close to here.. that and i can knock out 2 birds if needed.. think we can fit his goldwing and a gsxr 750 on it?

I know you said flatbed just wasnt sure if you had the slots on it for the tires and what not like a typical motorcycle trailer.. lemme know

merlin
Tue Oct 21st, 2008, 06:16 AM
Well, I've ridden touring bikes (Hardley touring bikes, but a half ton bike is a half ton bike) and I have a battery charger if the battery will take a charge at all.

If you still need someone to ride the bike out, lemme know. I am off starting tomorrow until Tuesday, and ever Sun/Monday after that.

Merlyn

BeoBe
Tue Oct 21st, 2008, 11:28 AM
thanks for the quick responses guys.. I still gotta get everything figured out so prolly wont be right away but here soon. I dont think the battery will hold a charge long enough for the ride

JohnEffinK
Tue Oct 21st, 2008, 12:25 PM
If you are needing some boxes and in the COS area, I can help with that. Just moved here recentlyish and this could force me to remove the last of my junk from said boxes....

John

BeoBe
Tue Oct 21st, 2008, 07:56 PM
i could so use a bunch of boxes but sadly wont be anywhere near colo springs

Moveman
Wed Oct 22nd, 2008, 11:44 AM
I know a good moving company if you need any professional help with your relocation.

BeoBe
Wed Oct 22nd, 2008, 02:45 PM
naa ill be renting a uhaul and using flatbed trailer but thanks forthe offer.. this way is alot cheaper