PDA

View Full Version : Proud new CSC Gimp...

angab
Tue Oct 21st, 2008, 12:40 PM
Yup, had a little tangle with a rock and a shift lever and ended up with four broken toes...the first pic is my foot last night and the second one is of it straight out of the boot. Also included is a pic of my dented steel-toed boot and a couple pre-injury photos...

rybo
Tue Oct 21st, 2008, 12:47 PM
HEY!

I recognize some of the gear in these photos!

Sorry to hear about the toes, good news is they heal up pretty well!

Welcome to the club.

(the one where you're required to have a few broken bones as "initiation")

Big-J
Tue Oct 21st, 2008, 12:50 PM
Hey, just because you got broken toes doesn't mean you can't get a pedicure!:p

angab
Tue Oct 21st, 2008, 12:53 PM
Hey, just because you got broken toes doesn't mean you can't get a pedicure!:p

yeah I asked the orthopedic surgeon for one and he just laughed and said "no more morphine for you."

Sully
Tue Oct 21st, 2008, 12:53 PM
She was probably on her way... lol

Damn girl... sorry about the broken toes.. :(

MetaLord 9
Tue Oct 21st, 2008, 12:58 PM
Just tell everybody that you broke'n shoving some your foot up some loudmouth's ass! (not this loudmouth tho!)

BeoBe
Tue Oct 21st, 2008, 01:30 PM
ouch

Aracheon
Tue Oct 21st, 2008, 01:46 PM
...ouch is right.

angab
Tue Oct 21st, 2008, 01:50 PM
HEY!

I recognize some of the gear in these photos!

Thanks so much for lending the gear...came in very handy for the dirt newb. I think we might have gotten him hooked. :)

Welcome to the club.

(the one where you're required to have a few broken bones as "initiation")

I'm a part of the club now!?! YES!

Nick_Ninja
Tue Oct 21st, 2008, 01:52 PM
Sorry about your tarsals. So where were the photos taken?

Sortarican
Tue Oct 21st, 2008, 01:53 PM
Just rub some dirt on it.

angab
Tue Oct 21st, 2008, 02:01 PM
We were in the desert outside Moab. And I tried rolling in the dirt right after it happened (I think it's actually called writhing in pain?) and yup, the pain didn't stop.

UglyDogRacing
Tue Oct 21st, 2008, 02:06 PM
http://smiliesftw.com/x/ohnoes-2.gif

puckstr
Tue Oct 21st, 2008, 02:07 PM
wow All I can say is
DAMN!!!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/redemptchild/damn.gif

irdave
Tue Oct 21st, 2008, 09:10 PM
That looks sweet. I haven't done any toes- only an ankle. Swoll up like a cantaloupe.

Dont'cha just love Moab, though? Might be my favorite place yet.

Foolds
Tue Oct 21st, 2008, 09:25 PM
I still got my dremel over here for your pedi when ever you are ready!

pilot
Tue Oct 21st, 2008, 09:28 PM
5 token Bro's.

bodhizafa
Tue Oct 21st, 2008, 10:55 PM
You're real proud of that cartoon foot hey? I may just have nightmares again tonight. Thanks.

1ofTheBoys
Wed Oct 22nd, 2008, 09:03 AM
Ahh man that sucks but hope you had fun before it happened. I love riding that area but it's been a couple years since I've been on the dirt.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Oct 22nd, 2008, 11:16 AM
I broke ONE toe (granted, it was very bad spiral fracture...) and it turned my whole foot purple and hurt like hell. Best of luck and get well soon!

BTW, sorry, but Vance is now the official gimp.....:)

eg bter
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 08:20 AM
Damn Ang...sux about the foot. Get well soon, snowboarding season is just around the corner.

angab
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 04:36 PM
Ahh man that sucks but hope you had fun before it happened. I love riding that area but it's been a couple years since I've been on the dirt.

Yeah moab is great; what a fun place to ride!!! It's nice because of the different types of terrain - sand, rocky hill climbs, slickrock - a little of everything! We should look into getting a trip together...once I can fit my foot in a boot again. :banghead:

Damn Ang...sux about the foot. Get well soon, snowboarding season is just around the corner.

Thanks! See you on the slopes...in December haha. Already had to cancel my November Vail trip but I'll be ready to go eventually.

angab
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 04:37 PM
I broke ONE toe (granted, it was very bad spiral fracture...) and it turned my whole foot purple and hurt like hell. Best of luck and get well soon!

BTW, sorry, but Vance is now the official gimp.....:)

I'm more than happy to hand that title over to someone else...get well soon, Vance! :)