PDA

View Full Version : All manufacturers on board with AMA

rybo
Wed Oct 22nd, 2008, 11:06 AM
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2008/Oct/081022a.htm

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Oct 22nd, 2008, 11:24 AM
Well, even pessimist that I am, I'm going to take that as a positve, and that DMG (surpriseing, as thick-headed as they are...) backed down in the face of reality. Hopefully the rules will make sense, and I like the idea of ALL superbike specs being the same.....except for spec tires. But, hey, that means combined AMA/FIM SBK race weekends would be great. The AMA guys could slap on some Pirelli's and wildcard the WSB race, and vice-versa. THAT would be cool.

As always, we'll have to see....

P.S. I hate them calling the classes Daytona this, Daytona that. Hey, DMG, they race at OTHER (better) venues too, get it?

chad23
Wed Oct 22nd, 2008, 11:26 AM
P.S. I hate them calling the classes Daytona this, Daytona that. Hey, DMG, they race at OTHER (better) venues too, get it?
+1 I agree

rybo
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 07:41 AM
Edmundson interview

http://moto-racing.speedtv.com/article/ama-sbk-roger-edmondson-interview/

Captain Obvious
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 08:53 AM
It is such a love hate relationship.

Guess sometimes you gotta love the one your with.

Filo
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 08:54 AM

I'll call Roger tonight about this. I am thinking Hastings Superbike and Steamboat Springs Supersport. That would be cool. Sarcasm aside, I see your point. It is a little obnoxious to have everything named Daytona. I wonder if Edmunson and others in DMG have dogs/cats/children/dildos named Daytona.

Mr. Edmunson: Honey, what do you want to do tonight?
Mrs. Edmunson: I was thinking of bustin' out the old dyna wide glide Daytona and getting my vibrations on.
Mr. Edmunson: OK, I'll go get the helmets and jackets.
Mrs. Edmunson: What are you talking about? Just get the Ron Jeremy DVD, the 20 foot extension cord, the astro lube and a chocolate bar and leave me alone. Why don't you go ride a motorcycle or something?