PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Been To "The Melting Pot" In The Springs?

SLVRSURFR
Wed Oct 22nd, 2008, 11:16 PM
Never been there Before, and someone suggested it..

fairrpe86
Wed Oct 22nd, 2008, 11:36 PM
Never been to the one in the springs, but the one up here in Littleton is pretty good. fondue restraunt, a little on the pricey side (IMO), but the desserts make it worth it. Just my $.02

PhL0aTeR
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 12:05 AM
its good, dont go if you are a cheapskate

thatmofo
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 02:47 AM
~$130 for two without alch.

SLVRSURFR
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 06:02 AM
~$130 for two without alch.

Wow, Thats no joke.. Something like that would be reserved for anniversaries, and stuff like that... Burger king here i come...

jimwallace
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 07:15 AM
me and the wifey and her friend went there. 175 for the 3 of us and it was nasty. i love different foods and am not really critical when it comes to food but for 175 i expect something really good.........i would have preffered a mcdonalds cheeseburger, and if you know me you would know that is at the very bottom of foods that i want.

oh yeah i should mention that we only had water to drink also so that price was all food.

Captain Obvious
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 07:21 AM
Been to other locations, but they are pretty much all the same.
Decent food, but not worth the high price unless you are really trying to impress a girl.

Personally, I would rather go get 2 nice meals elsewhere than 1 at the Melting Pot.

pg_rider
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 08:34 AM
Love it -- wife loves it even more. Yeah, its a bit pricey, although I think we typically get out of there for closer to $100 than $130...

asp_125
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 08:44 AM
I've been to the one in Louisville. Mmmm chocolate covered strawberries...

Toner
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 09:27 AM
i love different foods and am not really critical when it comes to food but for 175 i expect something really good....

I have to agree with Jim. I went there with a group of 5 for a birthday, the food was less than awesome, but the service was absolutely the suck! Took forever to get booze, and longer to get food. I left hungry AND sober! For the money I would have preferred MacKenzies Steakhouse around the corner!

PhL0aTeR
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 09:50 AM
For the money I would have preferred MacKenzies Steakhouse around the corner!

That goes without saying...

PROFLYER
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 10:05 AM
It's a rip-off, the dessert and apps are good, but the main course sucks. We go to the one in Ft. Collins for dessert or apps and wine every now and then...

~Barn~
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 10:37 AM
I left hungry AND sober!

:spit:

[/end thread]

salsashark
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 10:47 AM
:spit:

[/end thread]

agreed...

however, if you're strictly looking to stuff as much food as you can into your pie hole, then fondue is not for you... it's about spending an enjoyable evening with friends and/or significant others. It's less about the food and more about the atmosphere.

That being said, is it worth the money? I dunno... I've spent more and been disappointed at other restaurants.

Personally, I not a huge fan of fondue... and I can't stand the oil cooking method... the broth w/ veggies is pretty good. I'd personally rather take the money and get a tea room at the Samurai for an evening of sake and sushi... but that's me.

now that steak restaurant on the other hand... that sounds good...

inkahootz
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 10:55 AM
i think that its worth the drive to the littleton location -- i have known many people that have worked there over the years and know the owners too (we did the granite table tops in that location), the littleton location has been the #1 in sales nation wide for several years and in my opinion, the service is great -- get the 'big night out' its about $100 bucks and i think that includes salad, fondue cheese and bread with veggies, ur choice of chicken, beef or lobster fondue with either oil or stock based fondue and desert.

wow, sorry that kind of sounded like an add for the place --

LadyT
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 11:55 AM
I love the place. I agree it is a bit pricey, but it is a fun experience!

Bueller
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 12:10 PM
Wonderful for that special night out. Littleton location is great, loved the food.

LadyT
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 12:54 PM
yummy apples and cheese fondue :yumyum:

Mental
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 01:55 PM
Girl I work with here says its here favorite resturaunt in "the whole wide world." But its a $100 for a couple without drinks. They go for every special occasion and say its worth it.

Devaclis
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 02:00 PM
Jsut went on Oct 3rd. It is OK. Not great, not terrible. The service is good for Colorado, but for $130 I really want a GREAT cut of fillet, better salmon and chicken cuts, veggies that are not oxidized, more fucking fondue, and a better selection of wines.

In Florida these places are like Chilis or TGI Fridays. Not expensive and not 4 hours for a dinner.

I will go back because it is fun and my wife and I had a great time there, but not for the food.

Sortarican
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 03:00 PM
Except for those that really enjoy it (like Mental's friend) if you've been there once you've pretty much seen it all.
The Littleton one is really nice, but I liked it better when the place was still haunted.

In their defense, the place is designed for more of a Euro style dining experience,
where the table is your's for the evening and you're expected to take 4+ hours to eat.

Personally for the same type of experience I prefer the Korean BBQ's where you get a private table w/grill.
They bring your raw ingredients and you throw a little on at a time, sip some wine or beer, throw a little more on.

SHIT, now I'm hungry again.

Devaclis
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 03:06 PM
Casa Bonita FTW!!!

Sortarican
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 03:09 PM
Casa Bonita FTW!!!

MORE SOPAPILLAS PLEASE!!!!
http://losttulsa.com/Casa%20Bonita/Cartman%20-%20Casa%20Bonita.jpg

Devaclis
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 03:10 PM
I am craving some BD's Mongolian BBQ now. mmm 10 Dolla bowl of meat!!!