PDA

View Full Version : CSC Gear - Thoughts on something new?

zukigirl
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 10:55 AM
In light of the fact that I am not on this board as often as I would like to be ( twins takes most of my spare time), I have missed the last two clothing orders. I noticed somewhere in this thread that another online area was suggested so clothing orders could be purchased at any time ( cafepress ).

My point here, is that it might be nice to place an order for clothing more often, and have the ability to pick it up from more than 1 location, or have it drop-shipped to each person’s home.

That said, I am good friends with the owner of a print/embroidery shop in town. I have asked to see if I could obtain some competitive pricing, samples of work, and an outline of the brand / style / color options, etc for all the products we have had offered to us in the past. The pricing offered here is between $2.oo and $5.oo cheaper on every item, and includes either screenprinting OR embroidery.

*** Please don’t take my suggestions here the wrong way. I know there are folks that have put a lot of time and effort into what we have today.(Wahooman) I am merely suggesting that we take a look at someone more competitive, and that offers to take some of the extra efforts off our hands. Quality of the products has NOT been compromised. I can obtain pics of the work. If we decide to try this team - I can post pics of samples for the CSC.

Thoughts anyone?

PRICING:

All shirts/jackets - pricing is the same for SCREENPRINT or EMBROIDERY

Screenprint- CSC logo on left front chest and large CSC logo on back.
Embroidery – CSC logo on left front chest
All hats – Embroidery.

All clothing is the Gildan brand – 100% preshrunk cotton. I have access to pictures of the product if anyone is concerned with the quality.

1)CSC Hoodies--Basic colors. White or black ink.
S-XL $25
2xL $27

2) Youth CSC Hoodie--same as above –
S-XL $22

3) CSC short sleeve T-shirt—same as above.
S-XL $11.50
2xL-3xL- $13
4xL- $14.50

4) CSC Long sleeve T-shirts- same as above
S-XL $14
2xL-3xL $16
4xL $18

5) Ringer T-shirts--black or navy collar and arm cuff. These look sharp with gray t-shirt and black rings!
S-XL $13
2xL-3XL $15

6) Ladies cap sleeve t-shirt-- CSC logo centered on front chest.
S-XL $12
2XL $14

7) CSC sweatshirts-no hood or pockets.
S-XL $21
2XL $23

8) CSC flexfit caps. CSC logo embroidered on front center. For an additional $5.00 you can have your screen name or whatever put on the back of hat as many have done.
All sizes $17 + $5 for the back.
S-M 6 3/4- 7 1/4
L-XL 7 1/8- 7 5/8

9) CSC Beanies. CSC Logo embroidered on front center.
$13

10) Full zip hoodies. Full zipper, hood, and pockets.
S-XL $35

salsashark
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 11:03 AM
Will your friend keep the printing silks? If so, maybe we can set up an on demand ordering systems through them... just a thought...

zukigirl
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 11:06 AM
This company has the screen print machine in her shop.... and will keep the screens. She will also include the digitizing of the logo. If we set up an account, she is willing to do orders on a monthly basis.

Slo
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 11:10 AM
I am definitely in for a few items!!! Just let me know when/how.

Spiderman
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 11:22 AM
Nice...

My point here, is that it might be nice to place an order for clothing more often, and have the ability to pick it up from more than 1 location, or have it drop-shipped to each person’s home.
I'm interested in hearing more about how this might fit into the equation you outlined involving your friend's shop.

~Barn~
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 11:26 AM
All I know, is I need a new baseball cap (of the L/XL variety).

Black on black with the following printed on the back:
[You]

Lemme know when I can pick it up and pay for it, or where I can send the $$.

zukigirl
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 11:35 AM
SPIDERMAN -

Ordering:
We can coordinate a monthly ordering timeframe. I suggest a 1 week window to order each month. All the products are local, so it should not take the shop more than a few days to process our orders.

I can work with her to see if she would accept the orders and payment, ( which would be easier for folks wanting to pay with CC), or if we want to follow the paypal route.

PRODUCT PICK UP :
Here are some options I came up with . I am also open to other suggestions.
1- Pick up from her shop directly.
2- Coordinate a drop location ( similar to meeting at Brecks)
3- Drop-ship the products to each person's home.

Option 3- there will be an additional shipping charge - I am having her reach out to her shipping companies to obtain a flat rate for our account. Her initial thoughts were that it would be APPROXIMATELY $1.00 per shirt to ship. So, I assume if you order 5 things and want them shipped to your home, then shipping would be appx $5.00.

MAZIN
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 02:43 PM
Banana Hammicks?, Jk I'd order

Devaclis
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 02:46 PM
I am all over this like hunnies on Hondas!!

Is the shop local?

Sean
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 02:53 PM
I saw the word jacket. Might be interested in that?

Devaclis
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 02:55 PM
I would need to order this stuff in November so let's make a decision ASAP please,

ghostrider_9
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 03:19 PM
I'm in! Let me know how and when to order . . .

Devaclis
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 03:29 PM
I'm in! Let me know how and when to order . . .

Paypal $800 to dana_straw@hotmail.com. That will get the ball rollin'.

Centrios
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 05:28 PM
I would be down for a hoodie (no zipper one) and a new hat!! I hate ppl telling me my black alpinestars hat isn’t black anymore... like im color blind...

angab
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 05:42 PM
I'm def in for a hoodie - zipper, no zipper - so many decisions! Let me know when/where to send money/place order.

zukigirl
Fri Oct 24th, 2008, 12:42 PM
UPDATE :

Had a conversation with Bob about this, and I have the hi-res logos to provide to the print shop.

I will be meeting with the shop owner early next week to review some details:

1- Shipping cost and options for drop-shipments

2- Payment collections terms (determining if she will accept payments directly, or if we will go the paypal route)

3- Outlining ordering terms / form / product details

4- Determine the monthly window for ordering

I will post the findings of this conversation and next steps sometime next week.... I know there was mention of wanting to order very soon - and I will try to accomodate that request.

rideco
Fri Oct 24th, 2008, 12:46 PM
kewl....
rideco

SumoWeezle
Fri Oct 24th, 2008, 01:03 PM
sounds great. I'd definately be down for picking some stuff up.

Mother Goose
Fri Oct 24th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Getting orders to people isn't as easy as you think. I STILL have clothing from this last order that people haven't got yet.

Devaclis
Fri Oct 24th, 2008, 01:24 PM
It is easy if you have an address, their money, and the merchandise :)

Mother Goose
Fri Oct 24th, 2008, 01:57 PM
It is easy if you have an address, their money, and the merchandise :)
And a post office in your house. :yes:

~Barn~
Fri Oct 24th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Getting orders to people isn't as easy as you think. I STILL have clothing from this last order that people haven't got yet.

Don't suppose there were any leftover baseball caps?

Mother Goose
Fri Oct 24th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Don't suppose there were any leftover baseball caps?
:no: [YOU]

Foolds
Fri Oct 24th, 2008, 02:21 PM
I'm In for some stuff.