PDA

View Full Version : Need a painter that specializes in metal flake

T-byrd
Tue Nov 23rd, 2004, 09:24 PM
Thinking about painting my bike this winter. Anyone know of, or have had experience with someone who specializes in metal flake paint?
Thanks in advance.

Tanya

Bashed
Tue Nov 23rd, 2004, 10:34 PM
Morse Racing Products has done some bikes in flake.
Search Morse on this site in the for sale section.
There is a picture of a American flag bike that is septacular.
Thier ph # is 1-719-266-8630

Late Bash

Desmo
Wed Nov 24th, 2004, 09:09 AM
Hey T-byrd... I'm also thinking about getting my wife's Monster painted this winter and Scott Morse the owner told me it would be around $400.. i have heard good things about there service..

Plasticweld
Wed Nov 24th, 2004, 09:39 AM
We do metal flake, I would not say that we specialize in it. If you go to our web site and scroll down to the red and metal flake Suzuki 900 RF you can see some of our work. I did a Ducati Monster last winter, it was a flat grey with a silver metal flake that was really beautiful, it had 7 to 8 coats of clear so that the final finish would be smooth. The only draw back I saw to doing it was that there was no way to install any of the decals when we were done, the large metal flake for it to look good you shoot it so it stands up and reflects the light from different directions. the large amount of clear that you use to cover the flakes make it amost smooth but not flat enought put the decals so that would lay flat. If you wanted the decals back on your bike I would go with a mini flake instead of the large

http://www.empiregp.com/