PDA

View Full Version : Cold As ....

thatmofo
Thu Oct 23rd, 2008, 11:21 PM
I rode by the Powers Autopark tonight and the display had 33 degrees on it. It's time for some warmer gloves or heated grips.

dallas
Fri Oct 24th, 2008, 06:24 AM
I don't know anything about heated grips, but I have some pretty awesome winter riding gloves that haven't let me down.

Everyone I know who has experience with heated grips either loves them or hates them.

XJ600s
Fri Oct 24th, 2008, 07:47 AM
I'll be riding all winter long...did it last year...it wasn't that bad, except for when it was a tad snowy on the roads.

One things for sure, I definitely need winter gloves. Can anybody recommend any brands that rock, or specific styles that are amazing? I also need a place to pick them up close to Boulder/Denver as I never know what size gloves to get online.

Mental
Fri Oct 24th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Everyone I know who has experience with heated grips either loves them or hates them.
LOVE THEM!

Tipys
Fri Oct 24th, 2008, 11:28 AM
I don't know anything about heated grips, but I have some pretty awesome winter riding gloves that haven't let me down.

This coming from the guy that wears a MESH jacket in the winter and can only image the gloves being mesh too

dallas
Fri Oct 24th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Are gloves those things that go over your hands?

Mental
Fri Oct 24th, 2008, 11:58 AM
This coming from the guy that wears a MESH jacket in the winter and can only image the gloves being mesh too
http://www.partydomain.co.uk/d-commerce/media/main/2/2290501.jpg

dallas
Fri Oct 24th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Spirit Fingers, I has them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slattmattery
Fri Oct 24th, 2008, 03:41 PM
I put heated grips on this school year, and although they do make the commute at 6:30 AM more bearable, they fall short of the expectations I had. Instead of delightfully toasting my fingers, they definitely tend to be underpowered when things really get chilly. I think that a set of handguards would really make a difference...