PDA

View Full Version : 911 Call from Joe McCain

dm_gsxr
Fri Oct 24th, 2008, 01:05 PM
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/10/report-john-mcc.html

Report: Did John McCain's Brother Make 911 Call About Traffic?

October 23, 2008 8:00 PM

Angry because he was stuck in traffic, a man named Joe McCain -- possibly the brother of the presidential candidate -- placed a call earlier in the week to 911 emergency, ABC News affiliate, WJLA, reports.

The October 21 call went to the city of Alexandria, Virginia emergency operations. This is the transcript of the call:

Operator: 911 state your emergency
Caller: It's not an emergency but do you know why on one side at the damn drawbridge of 95traffic is stopped for 15 minutes and yet traffic's coming the other way?
Operator: Sir, are you calling 911 to complain about traffic? (pause)
Caller: "(Expletive) you." (caller hangs up)

The 911 operator, apparently, unnerved by use of the 911 emergency number to complain about bad traffic, called back the phone number that placed the call.

The operator reached a voice mail message that said, "Hi this is Joe McCain I can't take this message now because I'm involved in a very (inaudible) important political project... I hope on Nov. 4th we have elected John."
Outraged by the operator's action, the man called 911 a second time. That conversation went as follows:

Caller: Somebody gave me this riot act about the violation of police.
Operator: Did you just call 911 in reference to this?
Caller: Yeah.
Operator: 911 is to be used for emergencies only, not just because you're sitting in traffic.

:pointlaugh:

Carl

DanFZ1
Sat Oct 25th, 2008, 01:25 PM
So, do you think the McCain family might have an anger management problem?

http://thepoliticalcarnival.blogspot.com/2008/07/republican-thad-cochran-on-mccain_02.html

"...he observed McCain engage in a physical confrontation with a Sandinista while participating in a diplomatic mission led by Sen. Bob Dole and others in the fall of 1987."
"McCain was down at the end of the table and we were talking to the head of the guerilla group here at this end of the table and I don't know what attracted my attention," Cochran said. "But I saw some kind of quick movement at the bottom of the table and I looked down there and John had reached over and grabbed this guy by the shirt collar and had snatched him up like he was throwing him up out of the chair to tell him what he thought about him or whatever. I don't know what he was telling him but I thought, good grief, everybody around here has got guns and we were there on a diplomatic mission. I don't know what had happened to provoke John but he obviously got mad at the guy and he just reached over there and snatched him.":crazy:"My friends, my dear friends... yikes.":shocked: