PDA

View Full Version : Cops can be such dicks

OldKneeDragger
Sat Oct 25th, 2008, 10:50 AM
So after Bike night (around 9:00 PM) we headed south back to Pueblo. On the freeway we were running with traffic about 5-10 MPH over posted.

I do not like to stay stagnant in traffic, I think it is a very dangerous thing to do and hence I'll move to the left and pass slower traffic.

I'm in the left lane behind somebody else who is trying to pass and look in my rear view mirror to see a car coming up FAST.

Of course I simply moved to an open slot on the right and passed the car that was holding up traffic in the left lane.

By this time the slot I moved into had closed and the car that was coming fast cut off the car in the right lane trying to follow me around the slower car in the left.

Well the car pulled between Brian and I and scared me to death by running up just a couple of feet from my rear before turning on his lights to pull me over. I of course immediately pulled over.

Brian being behind the cop started to continue on since he was obviously pulling me over. Cop got pissed and started yelling on the loud speaker for Brian to pull over. By this time the cop had passed me making sure Brian pulled over.

Brian pulled over, cop pulled over, I'm behind all of them and in traffic rubber necking to see what is going on.

Cop gets out and starts yelling at me to get in front of him. I'm waiting for traffic to clear since I would have to get back on the road to get around him. This PISSES him off and he is yelling NOW NOW NOW! I tell him I'm waiting for traffic to clear and he yells QUIT ARGUING WITH ME over and over.

Traffic clears, I move up with Brian and we go through the routine, license, registration, insurance. Now I have a wallet full of registrations and insurance cards (too many cars and bikes) and it takes me a while to find everything. He is constantly yelling that I'm refusing to cooperate.

I find everything and he says he is going back to the car to write us tickets.

WTF, Ok it's not my first ticket, it's only money, I'll take my lumps.

After a few minutes he comes over and says he is going to give us warnings :) I start to say thanks and he takes off again yelling at me to "QUIT ARGUING, I'm trying to be nice". Fuck this, I'm not going to say anything and make the motion like I'm zipping my mouth.

Then he takes off explaining how he can give me a ticket and regardless of what the Judge might say, I will have lost several days at work and spent lots of money. Which is very true and something that I believe is wrong with our judicial system.

Well we got out with no tickets. I sure wish I had a recorder on my bike to record this DICK HEAD. There is no reason for cops to take this kind of attitude and he needs to be slapped right out of the force as far as I'm concerned. I honestly would have preferred the ticket so I could explain to the judge that this guy is a dick head (which would have lost my case but would have been fun).

Nick_Ninja
Sat Oct 25th, 2008, 12:18 PM
You can still file a complaint. I would. What a dick :roll:

Centrios
Sat Oct 25th, 2008, 01:12 PM

Absolutely

DanFZ1
Sat Oct 25th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Amazingly enough, dick is not in here ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_slang_terms_for_police_officers

y_merkle
Sat Oct 25th, 2008, 03:26 PM
I agree. If you have the cops name, badge number or squad car number you can file a complaint. Thier is no need for a cop to treat you like that!

Captain Obvious
Sat Oct 25th, 2008, 04:09 PM
I agree. If you have the cops name, badge number or squad car number you can file a complaint. Thier is no need for a cop to treat you like that!

I concur. Back when i was on patrol, I even used to tell people if they didn't like the cops I worked with, file a report. If the cop was a jerk or bad at his job, you can believe many of the OTHER cops don't like them either.

OldKneeDragger
Sat Oct 25th, 2008, 04:23 PM
It was dark, the light was always in my eyes, and he was being very agressive. I never got his name or number.

Funny though, after he let us go I looked up and there was a big sign on the side of the road where we stopped...

Report Aggressive Drivers
Call *CSP

How Ironic

Maybe Brian got something...

modette99
Sat Oct 25th, 2008, 04:33 PM

schwagman
Sat Oct 25th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Man what a p e n i s

dirkterrell
Sat Oct 25th, 2008, 08:37 PM

Agreed. File a complaint. Nothing may come of this individual complaint but if there are others revealing a pattern of behavior, it could either change his attitude or get him assigned to a different line of work.

Dirk

Rocfrog
Sun Oct 26th, 2008, 12:23 AM
I agree you need to file a complaint!!

Just call they will have it on record that you got pulled over and will know what officer it was.

BTW they are supouse to at least give you a business card to to prove that they made contact with you. It was a new regulation that passed a couple of years ago.

Nick

Cars-R-Coffins
Sun Oct 26th, 2008, 04:36 AM
It was dark, the light was always in my eyes, and he was being very agressive. I never got his name or number.

Funny though, after he let us go I looked up and there was a big sign on the side of the road where we stopped...

Report Aggressive Drivers
Call *CSP

How Ironic

Maybe Brian got something...

Shame on the cop...

24-31-309. Profiling - officer identification - training.

(4) (a) A PEACE OFFICER CERTIFIED PURSUANT TO THIS PART 3 SHALL PROVIDE, WITHOUT BEING ASKED, HIS OR HER BUSINESS CARD TO ANY PERSON WHOM THE PEACE OFFICER HAS DETAINED IN A TRAFFIC STOP, BUT HAS NOT CITED OR ARRESTED. THE BUSINESS CARD SHALL INCLUDE IDENTIFYING INFORMATION ABOUT THE PEACE OFFICER INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE PEACE OFFICER'S NAME, DIVISION, PRECINCT, AND BADGE OR OTHER IDENTIFICATION NUMBER AND A TELEPHONE NUMBER THAT MAY BE USED, IF NECESSARY, TO REPORT ANY COMMENTS, POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE, REGARDING THE TRAFFIC STOP. THE IDENTITY OF THE REPORTING PERSON AND THE REPORT OF ANY SUCH COMMENTS THAT CONSTITUTES A COMPLAINT SHALL INITIALLY BE KEPT CONFIDENTIAL BY THE RECEIVING LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE RECEIVING LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY SHALL BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN SOME IDENTIFYING INFORMATION REGARDING THE COMPLAINT TO ALLOW INITIAL PROCESSING OF THE COMPLAINT. IF IT BECOMES NECESSARY FOR THE FURTHER PROCESSING OF THE COMPLAINT FOR THE COMPLAINANT TO DISCLOSE HIS OR HER IDENTITY, THE COMPLAINANT SHALL DO SO OR, AT THE OPTION OF THE RECEIVING LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY, THE COMPLAINT MAY BE DISMISSED.

...taken from...
http://www.state.co.us/gov_dir/leg_dir/olls/sl2001/sl.260.htm

= Buckeye Jess =
Sun Oct 26th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Hafta wonder if he was a newbie cop still all over his power trip...man alive that definitely sounds uncalled for!
Jessie

Brat
Sun Oct 26th, 2008, 01:00 PM
i hope some of you are just naive.. bc complaining and filing a complaint wont do shit for you nor okd. nothing at all, well it might give you a warm fuzzy feeling that somthing might come of it, but it wont.. maybe next time thatll come up on his lil wonderfull computer and then youll get that again. its bs beleive me I know. but nothing will come of it, especially if he had the gull to be such a dick to an older rider.
sorry you experienced that but it goes on everyday, and these tools carry guns around you....

modette99
Sun Oct 26th, 2008, 04:04 PM

Devaclis
Mon Oct 27th, 2008, 07:45 AM
If you do not pursue this it will happen over and over again to other people. It is your civil duty to report this officer.

I say absolutely nothing when dealing with police. If asked a question I reply politely. I have been in some tough spots with officers and keeping quiet and calm always prevented the outcome from being bad.

Oh, when riding, ALWAYS ask permission to remove your helmet. Some officers can consider it brandishing a weapon.

Captain Obvious
Mon Oct 27th, 2008, 07:54 AM
i hope some of you are just naive.. bc complaining and filing a complaint wont do shit for you nor okd. nothing at all, well it might give you a warm fuzzy feeling that somthing might come of it, but it wont.. maybe next time thatll come up on his lil wonderfull computer and then youll get that again. its bs beleive me I know. but nothing will come of it, especially if he had the gull to be such a dick to an older rider.
sorry you experienced that but it goes on everyday, and these tools carry guns around you....

Gotta say, you are wrong. And my opinion is based on first hand knowledge. New officer or old officer alike, most police departments have a policy of investigating complaints if one is received about an officer. Sure, it would take multiple times, but in this new day and age, most progressive departments take complaints seriously. Discipline wont happen instantly, every profession gets a pass and a shaking of the finger at for "making a client unhappy". That is why people have to complain each time, a pattern must be displayed for the dept to do anything.

Brat
Mon Oct 27th, 2008, 10:03 AM
yeah well i asked my friend cop, he said it doesnt help you. but then again he admits to me the dickheads in the force that do that shit all the time and when he disagrees with it, its hush hush. i also have first hand knowledge of this, knowing cops and dealing with them closely for years.
anyways good luck sorry you had a great ride ruined by mr prickhead cop. hopefully your next ride is a smooth turning road and a warm day.

dallas
Mon Oct 27th, 2008, 10:21 AM
I am not too fond of cops either. Just the other night I am with a few friends driving around in my jeep when this other jeep pulls up and starts shooting at us. Naturally we start shooting back and a chase insues. Those cops were down right mean. I think I will file a complaint too...........................

A complaint won't do anything if it is the only one recieved. If this guy treats even half of the people he pulls over this way and half of those people submit a complaint, the guy will be pulled from any type of patrol duty or given the choice to be nice or leave.

Frosty
Mon Oct 27th, 2008, 10:47 AM
just one more reason I want a camera on the motorcycle.

Devaclis
Mon Oct 27th, 2008, 11:02 AM
If an officer asks you to turn your camera off, do you have to? I run with mine on all the time.

Bashed
Mon Oct 27th, 2008, 11:11 AM

Almost guaranteed that the trooper had his camera rolling.
You know, to document the officer when something bad happens to them.
OKD, you should ask to see the footage. Probably why he let you go, he realized that his camera was on and he was out of line.

Mental
Mon Oct 27th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Be careful about that, becuase it can be used against you as well.

I am the unpopular guy here, in that I actually do like cops, but I am with everyone else, file a complaint. I would be willing to bet there is some info on the warning he wrote you. The cops I have known are by and large deadicated folks who are as human as the next person, but can't stand folks with Napoleon complexes giving the rest a bad name.

BeoBe
Mon Oct 27th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Lets face it, cops are human and some should not have a career.

Not to be rude but their are several current and future police officers that are on this forum and i personally dont appreciate you talking shit about all officers when you hear seperate reports on 1 or 2 cops.

Your a human yourself and im sure several people at one point in time wanted to slap the dog shit out of you for being a dumbass.. but does that make all males/females dumbasses? or all humans dumbasses?

Im not gonna keep going on, but i will say there are times you need to just keep your opinions to yourself.

Im sorry to hear about your issue with the cop, the negative part to the CSP is they are trained via 36 week boot camp which is no different then military boot camp. And as alot of positions and even working for a state prison it changes people and they can be dicks. I know several CSP officers including ranked sgt.'s etc and they are very good people. As to tards comment above just like everyone else cops have bad days and just like everyone else they do or say things like they shouldn't and it can come back to bite you in the butt.. Hence the complaint system.

If he gave you a written warning it should at least have his badge number on the ticket which you can use as well. If you are seriously gung ho on getting a complaint on this officer you can contact the CSP for colo springs or pueblo whichever is closest and they can do a report. ALL traffic stops go though the radio and all radio is recorded.. Meaning they can go back and find out which officer it was that pulled you over at that time, on that day etc. Its alot of work, and as for a complaint... well just like anywhere else the chances of a complaint getting very far is kinda slim.. Harsh but honest.

Either way again im sorry to hear about your experience, this even boggles me at times that i see or hear about this crap, but some cops can be dicks.. and some people posting up shit talking crap can be considered dicks as well.

Well actually if the guy is a rookie it could cost him his job if everyone that he dealt with was treaded like that reported him the department would just can him as he is too much a risk for the department. So you are wrong, reporting him is a good thing. Too many reports then he might go bye bye.

And seriously dude, dont go off assuming you know all this crap unless you actually work for the CSP.. Too many complaints would only possibly get the officer a typical suspension and chances are it will be a paid one.. The only way the officer would be too much of a "risk" that the dept would have to ask for his resignation being he is a rookie or not which means nothing. The complaints would have to be legal complaints or civil complaints. Meaning people not only calling in to the CSP to file a complaint but people calling and filing a law suit against the dept or the officer for invidvidual things such as illegal search and seizure, illegal detaining of a person, use of un necissary force etc. So again just because you know the complaint system of the dead end customer service job that your at now, dont go off acting like you know all this crap about CSP or any legal system at that..

Bottom line, when it comes to police officers.. complain all you want but dont be spitting out crap like you know how it all goes when you in fact have no clue how anything goes.

P.S.- as i placed in the reply above, im not saying do not report this officer as i even gave you another way to file a complaint on this officer but simply that i cannot promise that you filing a complaint will get very far. if you do again.. good luck and hopefully nobody else has to go through this.. Alot of complaints are placed on the CSP for some of the things that they do, but simple things such as an officer getting loud with you, the chances are slim..

Im done just adding my .02 good luck with whatever you decide

OldKneeDragger
Mon Oct 27th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Well there are only a couple of things that I pointed out in my original posting that have me upset.

The CSP came up from behind me closing at a speed well over 25MPH greater than other traffic. It scared the hell out of me and would anybody else who pays attention to what is going on.

This is a Colorado tactic that I have seen used when I was in a car as well. They sit on the side of the road and if they see somebody who appears to be going fast, they take off in pursuit. They rush up on the supposed speeder and get right on his ass. I guess they have to be THAT close to pace the car to see if it is in fact speeding before they turn on the lights so you know whats going on.

Don't these guys have Radar, VASCAR, LIDAR, Laser or some other tool at their disposal? Once a guy is found to be speeding then turn on the lights and let other traffic know you are in pursuit. If the car is going to run, he's going to run either way and being on his ass is only a slight advantage.

The guy had an attitude problem. A serious ATTITUDE problem.

I don't want to sound like the habitual speeder or anything but just a couple of weeks ago after coming back into the country from Canada I got going a bit over the speed limit in Montana.

It was at night, same as here. He clocked me from his vantage point in the center median hidden in the bushes (the CSP officer was on the right shoulder instead). He pulled out on the freeway and turned on his lights. I saw him and imediately pulled over.

Yes I got a ticket, no he was not condisending or even impollite. He gave me the ticket, I paid him on the spot (that's the way it works in Montana), and he gave me a receipt. We chatted for a few seconds and I was on my way (thinking to myself I should turn the radar detector back on).

I firmly believe that the CSP is trained in techniques that really arn't required 99% of the time. It must be the Cheney theory, if there is a 1% chance then every and extreeme step must be taken and the public should be treated as if they were going to kill you.

Lastly, yes lets keep it clean and fair. I don't hate police, I just haven't seen them do anything good for me in many years. This one had a problem. Yes, to file complements or complaints: http://csp.state.co.us/compliment_concern.cfm.html

OldKneeDragger
Mon Oct 27th, 2008, 04:50 PM
Oh, when riding, ALWAYS ask permission to remove your helmet. Some officers can consider it brandishing a weapon.

I can't think of a time that I have been pulled over by a cop that I wasn't already stopped and had my helmet off before they even come to a stop.

Showing a mostly bald head with gray hair around the side has never hurt anything either.

OldKneeDragger
Mon Oct 27th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Humm,,, you know.... what if we made a formal invitation to the CSP to come visit with us at bike night some time. Give us a chance to meet them. We can hear what they think and what they would like to see us do should we ever screw up and they feel the need to pull us over.

Ok, I have my flame suit on now. let it rip

Nick_Ninja
Mon Oct 27th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Not to be rude but <snip>

Im not gonna keep going on, but i will say there are times you need to just keep your opinions to yourself.<snip>

Enough said. You're a cop aren't you? OKD's comment of attitude is the basis of my complete and udder disdain for cops. I don't care what cop -- they ALL have attitudes. They have to ---- to survive in that line of work.

Oh ----- and I won't keep my opinion to myself --- ever.

RF900guy
Mon Oct 27th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Humm,,, you know.... what if we made a formal invitation to the CSP to come visit with us at bike night some time. Give us a chance to meet them. We can hear what they think and what they would like to see us do should we ever screw up and they feel the need to pull us over.

Ok, I have my flame suit on now. let it rip

I can say that I have never been pulled over on my motorcycle. I have gotten several speeding tickets in several cars but nothing on my bike.

OKD, I understand what you are saying and I think it is a pretty good idea. That being said, I really cannot imagine cops showing up to bike night to discuss what we need to do. Now, if we had a social event like a BBQ (Food, drinks, entertainment maybe for the members and their kids) or get together at a park where most of the SOCO members met and made a day of it then maybe. With the current memeber turnout for bike night, does it really do any good to address a group of 10 to 15 people about how to act when another 100 to 125 people are not attending?

Just a thought :banghead:

SaShWhO
Mon Oct 27th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Enough said. You're a cop aren't you? OKD's comment of attitude is the basis of my complete and udder disdain for cops. I don't care what cop -- they ALL have attitudes. They have to ---- to survive in that line of work.

Oh ----- and I won't keep my opinion to myself --- ever.

:applause::applause::applause::applause:.

fullgrownbear
Mon Oct 27th, 2008, 07:09 PM
Call the department - file a complaint. Surly there is some merit in the fact he didn't even give you a business card.

I know for a fact your complaint will be taken seriously, if you are level headed and don't fly off the deep end when you're on the phone with the Sergeant.

And Nik_ninja - Your statement that all cops have attitudes is simply not true. Look at ODK's post about his experience with the LEO in montana.

Cars-R-Coffins
Tue Oct 28th, 2008, 02:18 AM
Don't you know?... the "Ninja" was beaten as a child and ever since has not held authority figures in very high regard. Plus he lives in Boulder so his views are a little skewed.

ihavealegohead
Tue Oct 28th, 2008, 06:57 AM
Don't you know?... the "Ninja" was beaten as a child and ever since has not held authority figures in very high regard. Plus he lives in Boulder so his views are a little skewed.

Beaten or not beaten enough, who can decide?

:slappers:

Mental
Tue Oct 28th, 2008, 07:56 AM
But we love him anyway.

Brat
Tue Oct 28th, 2008, 11:34 AM
a cop cannot tell you to stop recording him bc he is in public view and you can record him because he is in plain sight.

OldKneeDragger
Tue Oct 28th, 2008, 05:18 PM
I just got the call back from the public relations officer. A complaint has been filed and I extended an invitation for a representative (along with the cop in question) to meet with me (and any body else that would like to join).

Could be a good chance to clear the air. There must be another side to this story and I would like to hear his version.

The complaint process is a formal process that requires an internal investigation. They will send me a written letter reporting their findings within 30 days.

Mental
Tue Oct 28th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Good on ya OKD!

merlin
Tue Oct 28th, 2008, 07:38 PM
The complaint process is a formal process that requires an internal investigation. They will send me a written letter reporting their findings within 30 days.

I can see the letter now:

Dear Sir,

Our finding are as follows:

1: He's a cop.
2: You're not

Our recommendation is to suck it up and thank whatever God you think will listen that he didn't whip your ass or just shoot you in the bargain.

{Removes tongue from cheek}

In all seriousness, good on ya for filing, and best of luck. Maybe the next time you interact with that particular cop, he'll be having a better day, and you'll have a better experience.

Merlyn

fullgrownbear
Tue Oct 28th, 2008, 09:35 PM

Dear Sir,

Our recommendation is to suck it up and thank whatever God you think will listen that he didn't whip your ass or just shoot you in the bargain.

In all seriousness, good on ya for filing, and best of luck. Maybe the next time you interact with that particular cop, he'll be having a better day, and you'll have a better experience.

Merlyn

No offense, but ODK has a good shot here. The CSP is pretty good about investigating complaints. You figure, Every complaint that is formally filed goes directly to IA(Internal Affairs). Since not much goes on in the state patrol (nothing aside from traffic related issues anyhow), IA has a lot of time on their hands. When people have a lot of time on their hands, they usually do pretty good with the few task's they're given..

If you filed a formal complaint, it WILL be investigated, and there are a few possible outcomes: Founded, Unfounded, or somewhere in between the two, which is referred to as "Unsustained."

The CSP does a good job at investigating complaints.

thatmofo
Tue Oct 28th, 2008, 11:35 PM
OKD you messed up. You were supposed to tell the cop, "Don't make me get off this bike and come at you like a Power Ranger!"

Devaclis
Wed Oct 29th, 2008, 07:31 AM
I for one like police officers. There are some I know personally who I do not care for but in general, I have had nothing but good encounters (even when I was being pulled over)

It is a job that not many want. Those who do not like them would not be willing to take on their jobs. Yeah, there are bad apples, just like in sport bike riding. Are you gonna say that all of us riders are assholes just because people like Bueller and Ralph ride too? c'mon!!!

Mental
Wed Oct 29th, 2008, 08:51 AM

Dear Sir,

Merlyn

I also like cops, but that is pretty funny. The whole visual of OKD doing a Power Ranger bit made me spit up a little coffee

Igor
Sat Nov 1st, 2008, 02:10 AM
Wow what a firestarter.

It's been a week after the fact, but I suppose I should post my view of things.

Actually, I didn't think much about it on saturday, and then sunday I came down with a terrible stomach flu-like disease that had me on my butt for 3 days. Now the wife has it...

So,

Were coming back from bike night at a good clip. Faster than the flow, but not just flying by any stretch. There was no way we were going more than 10 over when the CSP came screaming into the picture. I should point out here that that guy came up on me so fast that I had started to move into the other lane as part of my normal defensive riding to avoid being run over.

It was not until the car was just passing me that I realized it was a cop, and it was not until he had completely passed me that he turned on his lights. Ron had already seen all of this happening and immediately signaled and pulled to the shoulder when the cop finally put on his lights.

By now, I'm in the right lane with the cop hovering over the center line, and continuing to slow causing traffic behind me to become an issue. At this point, the officer used the bullhorn and made it quite clear that it would be a good idea for me to "PULL TO THE RIGHT, NOW!."

At this point, I'm starting to think that either this cop has lost his mind, or some prankster has attached some form of anti-cop propaganda to the back of my bike in a provocative way. So I signal and pull onto onto the shoulder. A few moments go by, and Ron pulls up behind me followed by the cop (and a crapload of traffic). The cop gets out and Ron immediately tells him what he thinks of his tactics. This conversation (argument) between Ron and the officer goes on for several minutes. Long enough for me to take off my gloves and helmet, get my license, insurance, and registration, wipe my face shield, adjust my jacket, and keep my hands warm over my radiator.

Finally, the officer comes to me and asks for my info, which I give him. He then says "I'll be back with your ticket" and leaves. Remember that our only other conversation at this point has taken place over the bullhorn.

I've been stopped my share of times, and NEVER has an officer not told me immediately why I was stopped. In fact I'm fairly sure that this is a requirement. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyways, judging from the bits of conversation I could pick up through the traffic noise, the cop was not happy with our speed. I figured at this point, the worst-case scenario is that he had a radar lock on one of us, and he might squeeze a reckless driving on the other. OR the more likely scenario will be a warning. While the cop is gone, I ask Ron if he was told how fast he was going. He said no.

Cop comes back and goes to Ron-the-troublemaker first. The traffic noise was bad enough that I could only hear when Ron and the cop were really getting pissed so here are the highlighting moments:

Cop says "I should write you a ticket but I'm going to let you off with a warning"

Ron says something else about the overkill and aggressive tactics (more traffic)

Cop says "I pull you over and you argue. I say I'm going to give you a ticket and you argue. I let you off with a warning and you still want to argue. I should write you a ticket anyways.":argue:

The officer finally came over to me, handed my info back, and said "did you hear that?" I responded with "most of it" and he said "slow down!" and started walking back towards his car. Ron caught him again, and they talked for a couple more minutes. We left.

The officer did give me the CSP contact card which is filled out with his last name and badge number. The guy definitely had an attitude problem.

I don't make a habit of speeding, particularly on the bike. I enjoy spirited rides as much as anyone else but speed limits are still speed limits and they should be respected. This is the first time I have ever been stopped without immediately being told why. On the other hand, this is also the first time I have been stopped by a crazed lunatic in a police uniform who is going through some kind of purple pill induced hallucination.:crazy:

-Brian

Captain Obvious
Sat Nov 1st, 2008, 10:13 AM
Sounds like he was an ass, or in a bad mood, or perhaps just came from a traffic fatality where a child was killed, or, or, or.

Maybe he was having a bad day, maybe he is a jerk. Either way, you got a warning and he was unprofessional.

One of the purposes of a traffic stop is to educate the offender/public on what they are doing wrong. Sounds like he failed.

Mental
Sat Nov 1st, 2008, 12:47 PM
... Ron-the-troublemaker...
I hearby nominate this as his new name. Can I get a second?:)

RF900guy
Sat Nov 1st, 2008, 11:16 PM

Second!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dallas
Mon Nov 3rd, 2008, 09:35 AM

I don't know, OKD sounds pretty good. We would have to call him RTT, or RT Squared, or RT2. I like OKD better.

OldKneeDragger
Wed Nov 5th, 2008, 01:59 PM
So I just got a follow up call from the "district commander" (Charles Cargin). He had the officer who pull us over document the events as he saw them and compared his version with my version.

Surprisingly they were almost identically the same.

When the officer first saw us he wanted to get a license plate so he came up quick and close so he could read the plate and call it in. The reasoning he had was that a lot of the "crotch rockets", especially around the base will run.

He described the arguments we had and what had transpired.

According to Chuck (the commander), the officer had been reprimanded to some degree for some of the things he said.

He asked what else I would like to see happen.

Once again I suggested that some one from the department join us for perhaps 10 to 30 minutes at one of our bike nights. Purpose would be to have an open and frank discussion of tactics the officers use to apprehend potential traffic violations and how we as bikers should handle the situation to avoid problems.

So I will be missing this weeks bike night since I need to go to Southern NM and visit my mom. How about if I offer a date like the 21st and invite him to join us?

I'll see if I can find a good place to eat that has a "back room" where we might be able to visit. Will anybody else join me?

dallas
Wed Nov 5th, 2008, 02:30 PM
In, fo shizzle.....

636chick
Wed Nov 5th, 2008, 03:02 PM
Will he be bringing the handcuff's :yes:??????

ooopppps I just might be in the wrong thread :)

I keedddd you got's it Ron!!!!

How much you want to bet I could get myself arrested :eyebrows:

Bashed
Wed Nov 5th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Will he be bringing the handcuff's :yes:??????

Finally I might get some peace and quiet @ the house.
Anybody that bails her out gets to go ride with me
and I will let them follow me into a corner.:crazy:

I'm in OKD, maybe they might realize all sportbikers in
this town don't run from the Fuzz cuz they don't belive
in making matters worse by not being responsible for thier
actions. I know, crazier things have happened. It sounds like
he profilied you based on you riding a sportbike near the Army
base.
Says alot right there. Me thinks they, CSP need to go have a talk
with the base commander and all the sportbikers on post if they
in fact are the cause of said profiling. This is a clear case in where
some individuals hurt all in the sport.
Peace Bash

OldKneeDragger
Wed Nov 5th, 2008, 03:30 PM

Only if you take the ear muffs off so you can hear what's being said :hump:

OldKneeDragger
Wed Nov 5th, 2008, 03:39 PM
This is the email and response I sent after our latest phone call (his short response first):

Ron, That sounds like a plan. I will get one of my troopers tasked with that. Just let me know where.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----- Original Message -----

Subject: Meeting with sportbike club

Hello Chuck,

Thank you for taking the time to follow up with me and discussing the events of October 24th. It is clear from the description provided by the officer who pulled us over and my description of the events that there was a serious misunderstanding by both of us.

I believe that these kind of misunderstandings can lead to very serious consequences and should be avoided if at all possible.

As we discussed, there is a small group of sportbike enthusiasts who meet every Friday night. Sometimes there are only a half dozen, sometimes we have 20 to 30 people show up. We typically meet at a restaurant for dinner and social interaction. It would be our pleasure to have somebody who represents the department meet with us for 10 to 30 minutes at one of these meetings.

Nothing formal, just a friendly discussion of what takes place when traffic enforcement is required and what we as bikers can do to avoid the kinds of problems that I experienced. To make it easier to have this meeting I will try to find a restaurant that has a "back room" where we can all talk openly.

How does Friday, November the 21st at 7:00 PM somewhere in Colorado Springs sound?

Thanks,

Any suggestions for a place as I described?

R1chie
Wed Nov 5th, 2008, 03:44 PM
After a few minutes he comes over and says he is going to give us warnings :) I start to say thanks and he takes off again yelling at me to "QUIT ARGUING, I'm trying to be nice". Fuck this, I'm not going to say anything and make the motion like I'm zipping my mouth.).

Like has been said, you can always file a complaint, just remember the name. If you don't, call the supervisor, tell them what happened and complain, they can find out who was working that side of the highway.

R1chie
Wed Nov 5th, 2008, 03:51 PM
[quote=OldKneeDragger;377705]This is the email and response I sent after our latest phone call (his short response first):

Well, I didn't get down this far. Sounds like you are going to get things worked out and the officer will get some sort of reprimand. Sounds like it was worth the call.

Manuel6155
Wed Nov 5th, 2008, 03:56 PM
I didnt think biker cops would be out today when i was on my bike like 30 minutes ago, there was 3 of them riding together.

aLiEn
Wed Nov 5th, 2008, 04:06 PM
I didnt think biker cops would be out today when i was on my bike like 30 minutes ago, there was 3 of them riding together.

Yep, they ride all year long weather permitting.

Drift
Wed Nov 5th, 2008, 04:11 PM
So I just got a follow up call from the "district commander" (Charles Cargin)...He asked what else I would like to see happen.

Once again I suggested that some one from the department join us for perhaps 10 to 30 minutes at one of our bike nights. Purpose would be to have an open and frank discussion of tactics the officers use to apprehend potential traffic violations and how we as bikers should handle the situation to avoid problems.

So I will be missing this weeks bike night since I need to go to Southern NM and visit my mom. How about if I offer a date like the 21st and invite him to join us?

I'll see if I can find a good place to eat that has a "back room" where we might be able to visit. Will anybody else join me?

I'll join you.

Ciao,
Drift

Manuel6155
Wed Nov 5th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Ill join depending on the location and time

Igor
Wed Nov 5th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Count me in...

Check out this thread: A couple ideas on our military riders

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27006

Nick_Ninja
Wed Nov 5th, 2008, 11:09 PM
I hope your encounters with the authorities work out.

Igor
Wed Nov 5th, 2008, 11:31 PM
So far it really sounds like the CSP wants to be sure that this kind of situation is avoided.

Who knows? Maybe the name of this thread should really be "Damn squids, stop forcing the cops to behave like dicks!"

We all know that there are certain riders that really do make things hard on the rest of us.

At the end of the day, just like bash said, we were profiled. There is no way around it. I guess, the next time a car comes screaming up on my ass near the base, I'm getting off the road at my first opportunity.

Yamacati Bob
Thu Nov 6th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Usually the cops name and badge number is on the warning or ticket.

Mental
Fri Nov 7th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Ron, nice work. I am off the 21st and I'll be there.