PDA

View Full Version : street tires on dirt wheels?

Richard
Sun Oct 26th, 2008, 07:22 PM
i dont have enough money for SM wheels.
does anyone know where i can get some street tires for my dirt wheels?

19 back
21 front

baz00kaj0e
Sun Oct 26th, 2008, 08:32 PM
It'd handle crazy weird, you might have to just save up. If you are just looking to commute slowly, you might be okay...

peteremsley
Sun Oct 26th, 2008, 08:51 PM
It'd handle crazy weird, you might have to just save up. If you are just looking to commute slowly, you might be okay...

Why? Just wondering, cause I thought about doing this with my street legal WR250 last year.

TFOGGuys
Sun Oct 26th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Gimme a call on Monday....there are a number of options in dual sport rubber....a brake upgrade might be in the cards too....

Richard
Sun Oct 26th, 2008, 09:49 PM
all i do is ride it in parking lots and some street riding. i'm looking for street tires to keep from washing out on stoppies and wheelies untill i can save up for SM wheels.

Gimme a call on Monday....there are a number of options in dual sport rubber....a brake upgrade might be in the cards too....

i dont think i'll be able to make it up to golden, co. but i'll give you a call if you wanna help in some tire types or if you can shipp to the springs.
Thanks

PhL0aTeR
Sun Oct 26th, 2008, 09:53 PM
I have a 21 trailwing front that has some life left in it. freebie.... ive got a tire changer too if you wanna do it yourself.

Bueller
Mon Oct 27th, 2008, 05:47 AM
WTF :dunno:

Why? Just wondering, cause I thought about doing this with my street legal WR250 last year.
exactly, sportsman class races on them, it'll be fine.
http://epicmotosports.com/avonroadrideram26sportsmansmtire.aspx

Richard
Mon Oct 27th, 2008, 10:03 AM

will those tires work with tubes? i'm new to the whole tube thing.

TFOGGuys
Mon Oct 27th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Or you can call me for a SMOKIN' deal on some SM wheels (17x3.5 and 17x4.25, billet hubs, most bikes $749)....

Bueller
Mon Oct 27th, 2008, 12:11 PM
will those tires work with tubes? i'm new to the whole tube thing.
Any of the spoked wheels will need tubes unless you do a conversion to tubless. But yes just the normal dirt tire tube.

Richard
Mon Oct 27th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Or you can call me for a SMOKIN' deal on some SM wheels (17x3.5 and 17x4.25, billet hubs, most bikes $749)....

i wish i had 749 then i would just need a little more to buy buellers SM set up. how much would it be to ship tires to the springs?

Any of the spoked wheels will need tubes unless you do a conversion to tubless. But yes just the normal dirt tire tube.

Thanks

TFOGGuys
Mon Oct 27th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Shipping a pair of tires to CS will run about $15......we have daily UPS, so you could have them before the weekend pretty easily.... lotsa choices either in stock or 1-2 days out

Richard
Mon Oct 27th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Shipping a pair of tires to CS will run about $15......we have daily UPS, so you could have them before the weekend pretty easily.... lotsa choices either in stock or 1-2 days out

let me see if i can get some money together for some SM wheels. if not then i'll order those dunlop D404 tires.

Thanks

The_Jackel
Mon Oct 27th, 2008, 08:10 PM
SRAD like I said we have about 3 options for you.

baz00kaj0e
Tue Oct 28th, 2008, 06:37 PM
WTF :dunno:

sorry, my bad. Live and learn!

jsears1864
Thu Oct 30th, 2008, 03:29 AM
you should definatly try sportsman out, unless you are for sure that you want sumo.

i know kevins kits at EPIC come with both brake rotors and a rear sprocket, with the front being a sweet ass oversized rotor.

tell him you want the warp9 kit.

i have both a crf450 and a crf250 supermoto in my garage. and i wish i knew about warp9 and epic before i dropped over $1600 apiece on each kit. (spread out over 2 years)