PDA

View Full Version : GSXR 1000 Wrench Day

Sparker
Fri Nov 26th, 2004, 08:53 PM
well i spent my well earned friday off wrenching on the ole gixxer. Oil and filter change with Mobil 1 tri-syenthic motorcycle oil and a Suzuki OEM oil filter. Did a complete radiator flush and replaced it with Engine Ice. If any of you want to do this make sure you buy two of the damn things. One doesnt fill it up enough. Also dont forget to drain your resevior as well and replenish that. Did a spark plug change(prolly coulda left them in as they were still in good shape but dont wanna do it next season. Just went with the stock NGK CR9E, they work just fine. i also pulled out the air box(obviously if i changed the plugs) and wipped the whole thing down. wasnt too dirty but still worth doing. also did a chain replacement as the old chain was about to its stretch limits. all of the actual wrench crap was fun except when i had to get all the fairings back on. but having them off let me clean the heck out of them and realize how shitty it is to ride with a bunch of rocks on the road. good thing you dont look at the bottom of the bike all that often. changed the battery as the old one was getting to its last leg. next thing is to sync the injectors as soon as i can find a carb sync pressure reader. anyone in the springs have one? good times. after all this i could tell that it was ideling a little smoother, not much but i could tell. good times.

GSXR-ATW
Tue Nov 30th, 2004, 02:57 PM
sounds good, when ya coming over to take care of mine? :lol:

Sparker
Wed Dec 1st, 2004, 12:05 PM
yea, like you need it. if you do wanna do the engine ice we should ride together soon to see what kinda temp change my bike had. ours were just about the same running temp.

GSXR-ATW
Thu Dec 2nd, 2004, 07:34 AM
you should come over too so I can look at what wire I need to clip to get my FI light off, what's the weather suppossed to be on Sat?

Sparker
Thu Dec 2nd, 2004, 07:51 AM
um. like 47 for the high. good enough to ride. maybe i will have my high mount by then

GSXR-ATW
Thu Dec 2nd, 2004, 08:00 AM
that would be cool, I'm going shooting in the morning but after that we could do it, have to wait till it warms up anyways, I'll give you a call when I get back, unless you want to go shooting too, you're more than welcome

Sparker
Thu Dec 2nd, 2004, 09:55 AM
i have somethings that i have to take care of in the morning first with LoLo. gimme a call when you get done though. you have my new cell number?

Slacker
Thu Dec 2nd, 2004, 11:04 AM
I saw this thread and thought there was gonna be a wrench day for the GSXR. I was all excited.

Sounds like fun Sparker