PDA

View Full Version : Need some info about Denver

KennyFish
Sun Oct 26th, 2008, 11:05 PM
So I took a job in Denver and will be relocating, Im working at Evans and Ogden, Im looking for a decent place to live, and Im looking for a 5-12 mile commute to work everyday, anyone have any ideas, I dont really know the nice places in town, and need some help.

-- kenny

Captain Obvious
Mon Oct 27th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Cant offer ideas on residential, but good luck with the new job.

We moved out here 4 months ago and like it. Bit different than Atlanta and the south, but not bad. Plus, out here we get snow.

MetaLord 9
Mon Oct 27th, 2008, 08:59 AM
Moved out from Ohio almost a year ago & I found that I liked the Cherry Creek/Wash Park/DU area the best. That's where you're going to be working anyway so you should be able to find something decent around there. A good rule of thumb I kind of came to realize (especially in that area) that if you can get an apartment or house rental for about $1/sqft that's a decent deal. Some houses (renting) might be better or worse depending on where they are, state of repair, etc.

Let us know when you get to town man & we'll go for a ride or a HH or something

Snowman
Mon Oct 27th, 2008, 09:11 AM
First off if you are moving from ether Texas or California we are obligated by law to inform you that the places you mentioned do not exist and you are better off staying where you are.

If you are moving from here from someplace else, Welcome. We would be more than happy to help you anyway we can.

May I suggest looking at our light rail system and seeing if living near one of those would be preferable. There is a station not too far from Evans and Ogden at Denver University Station, and a short bus ride to that intersection. That might give you the best advantage in living where you want.

Big-J
Mon Oct 27th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Check out the neighborhoods around DU, its close to where you will be working and a nice area.

puckstr
Mon Oct 27th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Moved out from Ohio almost a year ago & I found that I liked the Cherry Creek/Wash Park/DU area the best. That's where you're going to be working anyway so you should be able to find something decent around there. A good rule of thumb I kind of came to realize (especially in that area) that if you can get an apartment or house rental for about $1/sqft that's a decent deal. Some houses (renting) might be better or worse depending on where they are, state of repair, etc.

Let us know when you get to town man & we'll go for a ride or a HH or something

I thought you lived in Cheeseman park:slappers:

MetaLord 9
Mon Oct 27th, 2008, 09:42 AM
I thought you lived in Cheeseman park:slappers:
Says the guy walking around without a shirt on & oiling himself up...

puckstr
Mon Oct 27th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Says the guy walking around without a shirt on & oiling himself up...

You spying on me?
I could use some help

MetaLord 9
Mon Oct 27th, 2008, 09:50 AM
I could use some help
In oh, so many ways. :D

:slappers:

salsashark
Mon Oct 27th, 2008, 09:50 AM
That's a great area of town... I used to live a few blocks from there... and plan on moving back when (if) the housing market ever allows me to sell my aurora properties.

Like Chris said, finding rentals in the area is cake, the problem is that there are a lot of college rentals which means loud crappy kid neighbors. I have a friend who owns an $800K house in the area and he complains about his neighbors all the time. If you're looking for a house, try to go down toward Pearl... the further from DU, the cheaper the rent.

KennyFish
Mon Oct 27th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Well Im from the springs, so its not like Im from out of state, just got out of ownership of my home in a the divorce, and looking right around where Im working.

Thanks for all the help so far.