PDA

View Full Version : [Poll] Single Issue Voter?

dm_gsxr
Mon Oct 27th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Just out of curiosity, is there a single issue you absolutely must see support for (or against) for you to vote for (or against) a candidate?

No no, don't need to see the issue, there are several threads running around :)

Carl

TFOGGuys
Mon Oct 27th, 2008, 11:04 AM
I just vote for the guy with the least funny looking ears.....

Pandora-11
Mon Oct 27th, 2008, 12:19 PM
I'm continually amazed at the reasoning behind why people choose a candidate. Most voters can't even tell you the positions of each candidate. Saw a news review where the reporter gave all of McCain's positions to Obama and interviewed people who said those positions were why they were voting for Obama.
Also saw a woman on one of the news channels say she was voting for Obama because his mother had died of cancer like her mother had.
This blows me away.
This is not a cut on you TFOG. I know you're kidding!:)

VFR
Mon Oct 27th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Some people do not have a gammit of issues they need to vote for people...Some will vote for Obama simply because he could be the first black president. Some for McCain because he put a milf by his side. That's why it's called their RIGHT they have it to use in any way form or fashion. Single issues, multiple issues, or race, gender alone. There is always someone out there that color or gender will be their only reason for voting because they are not concerned with the issues each candidate addresses. Even McCain himself, taking a woman into his campaign you have never heard him say I brought her along for her experience and ability to take over incase I stroke out.

MrMischief
Mon Oct 27th, 2008, 02:54 PM
I do have one single issue that if the candidate does not support it I will not vote for that person. However, most candidates say the support my issue so the other issues get looked at.

~Barn~
Mon Oct 27th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Yes. McCain calling Mixed Martial Arts "Human cock-fighting".
:lol:

Pandora-11
Mon Oct 27th, 2008, 05:53 PM
[quote=VFR;372906]"Some people do not have a gammit of issues they need to vote for people...Some will vote for Obama simply because he could be the first black president. Some for McCain because he put a milf by his side. That's why it's called their RIGHT they have it to use in any way form or fashion. Single issues, multiple issues, or race, gender alone. There is always someone out there that color or gender will be their only reason for voting because they are not concerned with the issues each candidate addresses. Even McCain himself, taking a woman into his campaign you have never heard him say I brought her along for her experience and ability to take over incase I stroke out."

I agree that each of us has the right to throw away our vote as we choose AND the right to not have any issues; however, how sad not to care about anything. Sadder still to put someone into office with no research into that person's background and desires for the country. Scary!:shocked: