View Full Version : Halloween Under Obama

Bebop
Tue Oct 28th, 2008, 07:19 AM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p48/tshivley/Halloween20marxist.jpg

Pandora-11
Tue Oct 28th, 2008, 03:56 PM
And college under Obama:

Father / Daughter Talk
A young woman was about to finish her first year of college. Like so many others her age, she considered herself to be a very liberal Democrat, and among other liberal ideals, was very much in favor of higher taxes to support more government programs, in other words redistribution of wealth.
She was deeply ashamed that her father was a rather staunch Republican, a feeling she openly expressed. Based on the lectures that she had participated in, and the occasional chat with a professor, she felt that her father had for years harbored an evil, selfish desire to keep what he thought should be his.
One day she was challenging her father on his opposition to higher taxes on the rich and the need for more government programs. The self-professed objectivity proclaimed by her professors had to be the truth and she indicated so to her father. He responded by asking how she was doing in school.
Taken aback, she answered rather haughtily that she had a 4.0 GPA, and let him know that it was tough to maintain, insisting that she was taking a very difficult course load and was constantly studying, which left her no time to go out and party like other people she knew. She didn't even have time for a boyfriend, and didn't really have many college friends because she spent all her time studying.
She replied, 'Audrey is barely getting by. All she takes are easy classes, she never studies, and she barely has a 2.0 GPA. She is so popular on campus; college for her is a blast. She's always invited to all the parties and lots of times she doesn't even show up for classes because she's too hung over.
Her wise father asked his daughter, 'Why don't you go to the Dean's office and ask him to deduct 1.0 off your GPA and give it to your friend who only has a 2.0. That way you will both have a 3.0 GPA and certainly that would be a fair and equal distribution of GPA.
The daughter, visibly shocked by her father's suggestion, angrily fired back, 'That's a crazy idea, and how would that be fair! I've worked really hard for my grades! I've invested a lot of time, and a lot of hard work!
Audrey has done next to nothing toward her degree. She played while I worked my tail off!
The father slowly smiled, winked and said gently, 'Welcome to the Republican party.
If anyone has a better explanation of the difference between Republican and Democrat I'm all ears.

D Berns R6
Tue Oct 28th, 2008, 04:06 PM
And college under Obama:

repost :)

Pandora-11
Tue Oct 28th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Has this been done? Ok, never mind!:)

Sortarican
Tue Oct 28th, 2008, 04:30 PM
If anyone has a better explanation of the difference between Republican and Democrat I'm all ears.

Yeah, Here's one:
Democratic Father to his Republican son who can't afford to go off to college:

"Sorry boy, you'll just have to join the army, hope you don't get killed, and apply for your GI benifits."
"That is if there's actually any money left in the budget to fund the GI Bill."
"You see after inheriting a fairly stable economy and federal budget, your president, Dubbya,
in order to distract the populace from his failed leadership and to avenge a threat on his Daddy's life
decided he needed to spending enough money to send every college age child in America to 4 years of school
on an ill thought out, wrap yourself in the American flag, pound your chest, someone's gonna pay, war
that we're not really sure how to end."

"Welcome to the revolution Junior!"

Rhino
Tue Oct 28th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Yeah, Here's one:
Democratic Father to his Republican son who can't afford to go off to college:

"Sorry boy, you'll just have to join the army because I didn't save anything for YOUR future and since you're a white male, you don't qualify for 90% of the scholarships and grants out there, hope you don't get killed, and apply for your GI benifits."
"That is if there's actually any money left in the budget to fund the GI Bill since the money will likely be syphoned off like SS $ to pay for more "Human Services" programs that the .gov has no business in and will lie about paying back."
"You see after inheriting a fairly stable economy and federal budget, Congress,
in order to distract the populace from their failed leadership....
war
that we're not really sure how to end." Since they're forcing our troops to fight with one hand tied behind their back and they really don't grasp the concept of "we're winning and it will be better to leave victorious rather than in defeat. (Hiroshima anyone? :nuke:)

"Just remember, when you come back you can run for office against someone whose greatest contribution was as a "community organizer" running on empty promises, and still have to fight for it."

"Welcome to the revolution Junior!"

I think I'm supposed to say "fixed it for you". :) This IS fun!

fullgrownbear
Tue Oct 28th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Good post rhino!

Drift
Tue Oct 28th, 2008, 09:51 PM
..."That is if there's actually any money left in the budget to fund the GI Bill."...

I may be wrong on this one, but I think the GI Bill funding is tied to the Defense Appropriations bills that go before Congress...if an administration and the Congress start cutting defense budgets...that is when the service men and women will get hit with no GI Bill benefits.

But what do I know...I just happily serve my country no matter who is in the Oval Office.

schwagman
Tue Oct 28th, 2008, 10:20 PM
Sure em glad I went to school and spent my GI bill.

BlueDevil
Wed Oct 29th, 2008, 09:08 AM
Lame...

Captain Obvious
Wed Oct 29th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Sure em glad I went to school and spent my GI bill.

Amen! You can't take from me what I have already used and spent.

Right? :)

Sortarican
Wed Oct 29th, 2008, 03:07 PM
I think I'm supposed to say "fixed it for you". :) This IS fun!

"Sorry boy, you'll just have to join the armybecause I didn't save anything for YOUR future and you're too much of an elitist to go get a job like Bill Clinton did to put himself through college and you would instead like to throw out some bogus "90% of scholarship/grants are only given to gay/black/handicapped/females" claim. hope you don't get killed, and apply for your GI benifits.
"That is if there's actually any money left in the budget to fund the GI Bill after Secretary of Defense Gates and cadidate McCain have both opposed the newest version of the GI Bill which was sponsored by Sen. Webb (D-Va.) w/bipartisan support. And since the Republicans syphoned off SS and other domestic funds while driving the deficit to an all time high."
"You see after inheriting a fairly stable economy and federal budget, Congress, which was Republican controlled for 6 of Bush's 8 years, in order to distract the populace from their and his failed leadership....
got us into a war that we're not really sure how to end." Since they're forcing our troops to fight and they really don't grasp the concept of you can't just stand on an aircraft carrier and declare "mission accomplished" in order to actually win a war.

"Just remember, when you come back as decorated war veteran like Gore or Kerry you can run for office and loose to someone whose greatest contribution was being an alcoholic, coke snorting, draft dodger, who's daddy's Texas oil money and Washington connections got him every job he's held including the White House."

Hey you're right man....this is fun.