PDA

View Full Version : Letter to Obama!

BeoBe
Fri Oct 31st, 2008, 12:18 PM
A letter to Senator Obama

This letter deserves circulation. There are millions who feel the same way. Interesting and perhaps indisputable points. For some reason, liberals really detest this letter, and they see hate in the words rather than facts and opinions. Keep it moving till the election. Send to everyone and hope that all will at least read some of it.

Dear Mr. Obama:

It is September 30, 2008. My name is Mark Gregg. I am a 50 something, conservative white male. I have followed your campaign closely, including the speeches you and others made at the democratic national convention. I am respectfully providing you with seven simple reasons why I could never vote for you. I believe that many people share my opinion. I do think that there needs to be an awakening to the fact that you are not a (the) messiah that the media and liberal Hollywood entertainers are trying to portray you as.

1. I hear your mantra of change, change, and change. Yet, you picked a long term, liberal, Washington insider (Joe Biden) to be yourrunning mate. This is NOT change. It is a move that hypocritically refutes the very thing you supposedly stand for. Your campaign then slammed John McCain for picking Sarah Palin, because she is NOT a Washington insider.. She is a maverick who cleaned-up Alaska's quagmire of political scandals. Which way is it, Barack? Is it okay for you to pick a 30-year Washington insider under the mantra of 'change,' but not okay for John McCain to pick a smart, aggressive, reformer?

2. You have the single most liberal voting record in the senate. This indicates to me and others like me that you may very well be an angry black man seeking to punish our country for sins of a different generation. I am not racist. I have some biases just like you and every other human alive. Unlike the Democratic Party who claims to be for the minority (but their record heavily refutes this), I will give any person who truly needs help, help. I married a 'minority' girl 35 years ago (she is Hispanic) and have seen the evils of prejudice first hand. However, I have also seen my wife, children and others in her family throw off the veil of self-imposed prejudicial bondage and move ahead. They love our country and do not view themselves any different than I view myself as a citizen of this country. Your lovely wife so disappointed people like me during this campaign when she stated it was the first time she had ever been proud of this country. She apparently never noticed the massive aid we give dozens of other countries. She apparently never noticed the sacrifice of literally millions of veterans who helped make this country a free nation and helped liberate other nations from brutal dictators such as Adolf Hitler. She apparently does not remember that she attended an Ivy League university with scholarship money y that ultimately (at least some of it) was paid for by our taxes. This troubles me more than you know. She is an angry black woman who appears to not like her country very much. I don't want her representing me to the rest of the world.

3. You claim Christianity but apparently haven't realized that the Bible teaches that he, who does not work, does not eat. The Bible does not say or even suggest that he, who CANNOT work, should not eat. Yet, your liberal policies reward people who are capable of working but choose not to do so. This bothers me. I know that if you are elected our taxes will spiral upwards. You should heed the words of Winston Churchill: 'We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.' If I like anything about you, it is your campaign promise to balance the federal budget. Unfortunately, we have heard this many times from different politicians and we realize that when you energize the liberals, Nancy Pelosi, Robert Byrd, Ted Kennedy, etc., etc., and the many other democrats like them, a balanced budget will never, ever happen on your watch.

4. During your question and answer session with Rick Warren of Saddleback Church your answer concerning the question of where does life begin, stunned me: 'Above y our pay grade?' Does this mean when something bad happens as President of this nation that you are going to look at your salary to determine if you can respond? Is that what all the 'present' votes in Illinois stood for 'above your pay grade' and why you would not take a stand on the issues at hand? I am sorry, but this was the most serious gaffe I have seen you make. Frankly, it shows me that you are pandering in the most obvious manner. You will choose your words not from your heart, but from an agenda that I believe you hide from the American people.

5. If anything stands out about you it is probably your appeasement mentality. In this era of rampant, radical Islamic extremism and with the latest stunt pulled by the reenergized Russian government, I am not sure appeasement is healthy. Do you remember Neville Chamberlainof Great Britainin the 1930's prior to WW II? I again revert to the words of Winston Churchill: 'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.'

6. You and your party tacitly believe that a 13 or 14 year old girl must have the parents' approval to have the school nurse provide them with a Tylenol when they have a headache at school. Yet, this same girl can become pregnant and the school can skirt her off to a clinic and abort the child in her body without the parents knowing or being notified. This scares the hell out of me. You have two little girls. Would you be upset if this happened to them and you were not informed? Then why do you stand for this? It makes no sense to me.

7. My seventh and final point is your supporters. I have watched the Hollywood entertainers that support you, systematically embrace Hugo Chavez of Venezuela, Iranian Dictator Ahmadenijad and others like them. I see the continuous smut and garbage produced by Hollywood that damns America constantly, and the very people who promote you most vigorously. It is not a positive point to me and others like me to see these overpaid, bizarre, poor examples of human existence fawn over you and push you and your liberal agenda as hard as they do. The way that I see it; when the devil is for you, we should question whether or not we should be against you.

In closing, I just want you to know that you scare me. I cannot vote for you. It is not because of your skin color. It is because of these items and many others like them. Do not claim that my dislike for you is race based. It is because I do not feel you have the best interests of this nation and its people at heart.

Respectfully, Mark A. Gregg

:hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::h ump::hump::hump:

zetaetatheta
Fri Oct 31st, 2008, 01:06 PM
On Jan. 20, 2009, please change address to read Dear Mr. President.

DavidofColorado
Fri Oct 31st, 2008, 01:09 PM
You can leave it the way it. I don't think Barry is going to use his new business cards.

dragos13
Fri Oct 31st, 2008, 01:14 PM

:pointlaugh:

Sortarican
Fri Oct 31st, 2008, 01:15 PM
You can leave it the way it. I don't Barry is going to use his new business cards.

:pointlaugh: Dave, I have no idea what that you're trying to say there.

BTW, Isn't it a little early to be drinking?

BeoBe
Fri Oct 31st, 2008, 01:16 PM
hahahahha i was just thinking the same thing lol

what does barry bonds have to do with this? lol

DavidofColorado
Fri Oct 31st, 2008, 01:46 PM
:pointlaugh: Dave, I have no idea what that you're trying to say there.

BTW, Isn't it a little early to be drinking?
Barry Dunam aka Barrock Hussain Obama aka Barack from Mortal Combat. If you are going to be drinking with me you need to catch up. He's got more aliases than Fletch.

BeoBe
Fri Oct 31st, 2008, 01:51 PM
lol i hear ya there.. i still think its funny that his last name is obama and his middle is hussain..

T-Dub
Sun Nov 2nd, 2008, 07:13 AM
It scares me that he really has a chance. If he does win, at least I will have a few months to buy some guns before they are all outlawed. I am def. buying an AR soon. Those will be the first to go. Then everything else. The state of the nation is in desperate need of a Democrat that isn't a racist extremist in sheeps clothing. And his wife is a bitch anyways. Finally proud of her country? WTF???????? These are the people that could represent us to the rest of the world. Better brush up on my flem talking. People, please get out there and vote Tuesday. Please.

Bueller
Sun Nov 2nd, 2008, 07:26 AM
Your worried about civil liberties now? Patriot act

DavidofColorado
Sun Nov 2nd, 2008, 01:09 PM
Your worried about civil liberties now? Patriot act
It never banned guns. Your ideas of civil liberties doesn't include those.

AirAssault
Mon Nov 3rd, 2008, 07:08 AM
It never banned guns. Your ideas of civil liberties doesn't include those.

Doesn't your mouth get tired from shitting out of it so much? He has made it clear he will not take guns away. He does not support ccw, and thinks states and local govs should be able to make up their own rules r/t fire arms.
C and P from http://www.ontheissues.org/domestic/Barack_Obama_Gun_Control.htm

Q: Is the D.C. law prohibiting ownership of handguns consistent with an individual's right to bear arms?

A: As a general principle, I believe that the Constitution confers an individual right to bear arms. But just because you have an individual right does not mean that the state or local government can't constrain the exercise of that right, in the same way that we have a right to private property but local governments can establish zoning ordinances that determine how you can use it.
Q: But do you still favor the registration & licensing of guns? A: I think we can provide common-sense approaches to the issue of illegal guns that are ending up on the streets. We can make sure that criminals don't have guns in their hands. We can make certain that those who are mentally deranged are not getting a hold of handguns. We can trace guns that have been used in crimes to unscrupulous gun dealers that may be selling to straw purchasers and dumping them on the streets.

I know you will try and counter with this:
Obama was being misleading when he denied that his handwriting had been on a document endorsing a state ban on the sale and possession of handguns in Illinois. Obama responded, "No, my writing wasn't on that particular questionnaire. As I said, I have never favored an all-out ban on handguns."

Actually, Obama's writing was on the 1996 document, which was filed when Obama was running for the Illinois state Senate. A Chicago nonprofit, Independent Voters of Illinois, had this question, and Obama took hard line:
35. Do you support state legislation to:
a. ban the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns? Yes.
b. ban assault weapons? Yes.
c. mandatory waiting periods and background checks? Yes. Obama's campaign said, "Sen. Obama didn't fill out these state Senate questionnaires--a staffer did--and there are several answers that didn't reflect his views then or now. He may have jotted some notes on the front page of the questionnaire, but some answers didn't reflect his views."

However...... lets say he really filled it out and felt that way, isn't it ok to change your mind? Isn't it ok to think one way on a small city/state level and 12 years later have a different opinion on the subject and how it may pertain on a national level?

Is it so bad to let states/local gov decide? Is it so bad to make it harder for people to purchase fire arms? I am a lawful owner of several fire arms and have my CCW, I have no issue with making it very hard to purchase a fire arm of any type. Any law abiding citizen shouldn't have a problem with making it safe for the population at large when it comes to the purchase of any FA. Now, criminals will get their weapons from other criminals so let's make the penalties for illegal selling of FA very stiff. Let's change the laws to make any crime commited with a FA have an insane mandatory sentence. Some say the 2nd amend states we have a right to "keep and bear arms". I take this as right to have the privilege to own said FA. If it where a right felons would be able to have them too. Although living with your head up your ass may be fun for you, it makes every thing you say smell like shit.

dirkterrell
Mon Nov 3rd, 2008, 09:55 AM
Doesn't your mouth get tired from shitting out of it so much? He has made it clear he will not take guns away. He does not support ccw, and thinks states and local govs should be able to make up their own rules r/t fire arms.
But just because you have an individual right does not mean that the state or local government can't constrain the exercise of that right, in the same way that we have a right to private property but local governments can establish zoning ordinances that determine how you can use it.

Well, a gun doesn't do me much good if I'm told I can't use it in self defense. In 2003, he voted against an Illinois Senate bill (SB2165) that barred prosecution of gun ban violations that were done in self-defense. This was a bill proposed in response to a guy who shot an intruder in his own home.

Q:
I know you will try and counter with this:
Obama was being misleading when he denied that his handwriting had been on a document endorsing a state ban on the sale and possession of handguns in Illinois. Obama responded, "No, my writing wasn't on that particular questionnaire. As I said, I have never favored an all-out ban on handguns."

Of course he doesn't favor an all-out ban on handguns because he knows it'd never fly with the American public. Instead, he'll be wishy-washy and try arrive at the same result with "common sense" gun laws, like they did in the UK and Australia.

Actually, Obama's writing was on the 1996 document, which was filed when Obama was running for the Illinois state Senate. A Chicago nonprofit, Independent Voters of Illinois, had this question, and Obama took hard line:
35. Do you support state legislation to:
a. ban the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns? Yes.
b. ban assault weapons? Yes.
c. mandatory waiting periods and background checks? Yes. Obama's campaign said, "Sen. Obama didn't fill out these state Senate questionnaires--a staffer did--and there are several answers that didn't reflect his views then or now. He may have jotted some notes on the front page of the questionnaire, but some answers didn't reflect his views."

That is some of the lamest bullshit I think I have ever heard. Even if it isn't an outright lie, it tells me he doesn't manage very well if subordinates are incorrectly filling out questionnaires on topics that he very clearly knows are politically charged. He's too good a politician to let that fly. I'd have more respect for the man if he just told the truth and stated how he felt, like he did with that questionnaire in 1996. His voting record on gun rights is clear.

However...... lets say he really filled it out and felt that way, isn't it ok to change your mind? Isn't it ok to think one way on a small city/state level and 12 years later have a different opinion on the subject and how it may pertain on a national level?

It's not clear to me that he thinks any differently now versus then. He is just better at tap-dancing around the question hoping that people will fall for his newspeak.

Some say the 2nd amend states we have a right to "keep and bear arms". I take this as right to have the privilege to own said FA.

Sorry, that's not what the Constitution says. And it goes against everything the Founding Fathers wrote about the right to keep and bear arms.

If it where a right felons would be able to have them too.

Felons lose rights when they are convicted of crimes. If I kill someone without just cause, I lose my right to freedom. If I do not infringe on the rights of others, I should expect to keep my right of freedom. Of of peaceful assembly and speech. Of religion. And to keep and bear arms.

Dirk

BeoBe
Mon Nov 3rd, 2008, 10:14 AM
he claims that its not "guns" that he wants to get rid of.. he claims its the ak's and shit.. but one thing will lead to another.. thankfully with a career of law enforcement on my side i dont think ima have tow orry about all this much.

Man i bet tennessee is pissed lol.. Anyone seen that big machine gun show that they have down there once a year? I guess their is like a 10 year waiting list or some shit to be able to get up ther and actually shoot though.. but would still be a blast to go see

puckstr
Mon Nov 3rd, 2008, 10:16 AM

We shall see :)

DavidofColorado
Mon Nov 3rd, 2008, 12:15 PM
Doesn't your mouth get tired from shitting out of it so much?

Short answer no. But for the rest of the post I think its left up to the reader to decide what he is saying and if you are a wishful thinker that wants to ignore what he is saying then, yes he loves guns and their bitter owners. But if you are reading it with a tad of scepticizm then he isn't saying much in the way of liking the second amendment.