PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy ammo

LadyT
Thu Nov 6th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Does anyone know the best place to buy ammo in the Lakewood - Littleton area?

rforsythe
Thu Nov 6th, 2008, 09:49 AM
WalMart usually has it pretty cheap.

Devaclis
Thu Nov 6th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Wally World has the 9mm and 45 you need. I am heading there today and can grab some for ya.

dallas
Thu Nov 6th, 2008, 09:52 AM
+1 on Walmart. 100 rounds of .40 JHP for $30. They carry most of the popular calibers for a pretty good price. If you are buying .223 or 7.62x39 it is cheaper to go to a gun store and buy in bulk.

LadyT
Thu Nov 6th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Wally World has the 9mm and 45 you need. I am heading there today and can grab some for ya.

But where do I get some for the AR-15...that is one I really want to shoot :)

~Barn~
Thu Nov 6th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Yo Dana!.... Will you post up with their price for .45 ACP plinking rounds?

I'm guessing a box of 50 will be somewhere in the $14 - $18 range, but it's been forever since I've bought some from there, so I dunno. :dunno:

dallas
Thu Nov 6th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Why settle for 50, I think the 45 is at or a little over $30 for a box of 100 plinkin' rounds.

dallas
Thu Nov 6th, 2008, 09:58 AM

Depends on how much you want to shoot it. You can get bulk ammo from just about any gun shop and there are a few online places that have killer deals on bulk ammo.

Sortarican
Thu Nov 6th, 2008, 09:59 AM

AR-15 is .223 (also sometimes listed as 5.56 NATO)

Besides Wal-Mart./K-Mart, Sportman's Warehouse has good prices on ammo.

LadyT
Thu Nov 6th, 2008, 10:01 AM
Cool I will run by Wally World after work. Thanks Dana for the offer to pick some up, but it is right next to my house anyway.

~Barn~
Thu Nov 6th, 2008, 10:01 AM
Why settle for 50, I think the 45 is at or a little over $30 for a box of 100 plinkin' rounds.

I guess I've never seen a 100 box. :dunno:

Oh, and by-the-way J.R. Ewing... Thanks again for that offer to have your cuz hook me up with a tire install. I got me an okay deal on a lazy Sunday near my home this past weekend, so.... Either way, thank you for that!

dallas
Thu Nov 6th, 2008, 10:04 AM
I guess I've never seen a 100 box. :dunno:

Oh, and by-the-way J.R. Ewing... Thanks again for that offer to have your cuz hook me up with a tire install. I got me an okay deal on a lazy Sunday near my home this past weekend, so.... Either way, thank you for that!

Sweet, you gots new feet on yo' ride!!!

You still have to come down some time and help me drink up all this booze.

Rhino
Thu Nov 6th, 2008, 10:09 AM

Walmart has the Federal 100 rd value pack for $40 in .223 if you can find them. That's close to what you can get online.

If you're willing to shoot Wolf (steel cased vs. brass) there's a few shops around town that you can get a case of 1000 for about $300

...well, before Tuesday there were

~Barn~
Thu Nov 6th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Sweet, you gots new feet on yo' ride!!!

You still have to come down some time and help me drink up all this booze.

Is that one club still open down in downtown Springs?

Frosty
Thu Nov 6th, 2008, 10:28 AM
I wish Wal-mart sold 5.7. $26 for 50= much less practice.

Rhino
Thu Nov 6th, 2008, 10:37 AM
I wish Wal-mart sold 5.7. $26 for 50= much less practice.

http://gun-deals.com/ammo.php

Looks like .40/rd shipped

konichd
Thu Nov 6th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Try Green Mountain off of Wads/Hampden if you want .223 ammo for a AR-15. You can get a pretty good deal on bulk Winchester (brass) 55 grain boatail. 1,000 rounds is $500. You do not want to buy wolf ammo you will regret it.

Maybe a few of us could go in on some bulk? :)

Sortarican
Thu Nov 6th, 2008, 11:29 AM
1,000 rounds is $500. You do not want to buy wolf ammo you will regret it.
Maybe a few of us could go in on some bulk? :)

Like the idea of a group buy but there's places with much better prices than .50 cents a round.

And I've shot 1000's of wolf rounds, a little dirty, and maybe 1 dud in 250 rounds, but it cycles well and for .15 cents a round it's hard to beat.

I can reload .223 for about .20 cents a round (using recycled brass/ .30 if I buy new brass/.25 for once shot brass) and I'd put my handloads up against any factory target load.

puckstr
Thu Nov 6th, 2008, 11:54 AM
I am going to buy some range ammo in the .45 ACP flava.
Is there any brand I should avoid?

konichd
Thu Nov 6th, 2008, 11:58 AM
^^^Depending where you shoot (indoors for example) a lot of ranges don't allow Wolf/CCI ammo. Thats how it is at "The Shootist" just off Dartmouth.

rybo
Thu Nov 6th, 2008, 12:00 PM
^^^Depending where you shoot (indoors for example) a lot of ranges don't allow Wolf/CCI ammo. Thats how it is at "The Shootist" just off Dartmouth.

The reason being that these two companies don't use brass cases. Some ranges make money selling brass back to reloaders. The steel wolf cases and the aluminum cci cases are useless to them.

puckstr
Thu Nov 6th, 2008, 12:04 PM

I went there yesterday. Really nice grandmother running the counter.
Good people.

Kim-n-Dean
Thu Nov 6th, 2008, 12:16 PM
The Shootist is the scummiest place I've ever been to!!! You're lungs will thank you for never going there!!!

The Firing Line is a little better on their ventilation and the place is definitely not scummy.

Green Mountain is probably the best place I've been and they have indoor rifle. Still, my lungs were hurting for days after.

Kim-n-Dean
Thu Nov 6th, 2008, 12:19 PM
...and I love Wolf. Stupid cheap, have never ever had any feed problems or duds. I use it in all my guns. .308, 7.62x39, .45, .40 etc. Although, I normally buy Winchester 1,000 rnd. bulk for the pistols.

CaptGoodvibes
Thu Nov 6th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Walmart by me up at 136th has decent prices on target 100 packs. I didn't check personal defense ammo prices.

Speaking off...

Most of my JHP defense ammo is not brass. Where can I go to run a few boxes through my auto loaders to check reliability? I've been to Silver Bullet and they don't have a rule about hollow point or lead nose but they don't like my Federal or Golden Sabre defense rounds.

puckstr
Thu Nov 6th, 2008, 12:20 PM
The Shootist is the scummiest place I've ever been to!!! You're lungs will thank you for never going there!!!

The Firing Line is a little better on their ventilation and the place is definitely not scummy.

Green Mountain is probably the best place I've been and they have indoor rifle. Still, my lungs were hurting for days after.

Thanks for the info, but at "The Firing Line" I was not WORTHY of a salesperson (gun counter red-neck, ex-cop groupie) attention.
They just yapped it up about how cool each-other was. I thought they were going to make-out. I found the Firing Line to be over priced and a-holes.

Just my opinoin...also Fuck Bass Pro shops.

~Barn~
Thu Nov 6th, 2008, 12:23 PM
+1 for The Shootist. Not exactly the Ritz Carlton, but I like the friendly people and I like that they are hands off about rapid fire, and bringing your own ammo, etc.

Firing Line folks struck me as bunch of country-club'ers, who had forgotten about the joy that people find in shooting.

If only The Shootist had the range that The F.L. does.
Sigh....

~Barn~
Thu Nov 6th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Holy Fuck Steve. After this is all over with, you and I should get an apartment together!

Kim-n-Dean
Thu Nov 6th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the info, but at "The Firing Line" I was not WORTHY of a salesperson (gun counter red-neck, ex-cop groupie) attention.
They just yapped it up about how cool each-other was. I thought they were going to make-out. I found the Firing Line to be over priced and a-holes.

Just my opinoin...also Fuck Bass Pro shops.Ahhh, so you have been there!!! Yeah, they suck! They ignore everyone who comes in that doesn't look like a cop.

I never buy from gun stores anyway. It's close to me for winter shooting. My lungs hurt too much from those indoor places, so I haven't been in a while.

puckstr
Thu Nov 6th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Holy Fuck Steve. After this is all over with, you and I should get an apartment together!

not in front of the kids :slappers:

konichd
Thu Nov 6th, 2008, 12:41 PM
One thing to keep in mind I think GLOCK will void thier warrenty if you use WOLF ammo. When I bought my 21 I remember reading something in the literature.

Kim-n-Dean
Thu Nov 6th, 2008, 02:32 PM
One thing to keep in mind I think GLOCK will void thier warrenty if you use WOLF ammo. When I bought my 21 I remember reading something in the literature.I'm pretty sure the manual for my DPMS Panther .308 said the same thing.

Sortarican
Thu Nov 6th, 2008, 02:45 PM
I think a lot of manufacturers mention of the Wolf stuff is from the days when they used to mix primer types and you could occasionally get a corrosive primer type.
I believe this has been resolved and all Wolf ammo sold in the US now use non-corrosive primers.

As for ranges, fuck 'em in their goat asses, USFS land is the way to go.
Land of Many Uses!

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Nov 6th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Does anyone know the best place to buy ammo in the Lakewood - Littleton area?
This in response to the recent election, perhaps?:)

Sortarican
Thu Nov 6th, 2008, 05:29 PM
This in response to the recent election, perhaps?:)

You gotta let it go brother. You're gonna give yourself an ulcer.:lol:

thatmofo
Thu Nov 6th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Not sure if you have a sporting goods store like Sports Authority up there but they have 20% off coupons in the newspaper sometimes + a sale on ammo. That's usually when my friends and I go and buy cases.

puckstr
Fri Nov 7th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Winchester 100 rnd box .45 ACP FMJ $29.88 @ Walmart

~Barn~
Fri Nov 7th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Thanks Steve-O! I'm trusting it's not that "WinClean" crap though, is it?

puckstr
Fri Nov 7th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Thanks Steve-O! I'm trusting it's not that "WinClean" crap though, is it?

dosen't say win clean. Sent you a pic to your phone.

Devaclis
Fri Nov 7th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Just went to Wally World and :

100 x 9mm = $19.97

100x 40 = $28.97

~Barn~
Fri Nov 7th, 2008, 02:46 PM
dosen't say win clean. Sent you a pic to your phone.

Got it and replied, thanks again; it's definitely good stuff.

I tried WinClean (allegedly lead & heavymetal-free primer) once, and it's egh...

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Nov 7th, 2008, 05:12 PM
You gotta let it go brother. You're gonna give yourself an ulcer.:lol:
Awww hell, just having a little fun with it while it's fresh.:lol:

But, Like I said, it's done, and you won't hear me crying about it 24/7 or "'Bama-Bashing" for the next 4 years or saying "he's not MY president". He's OUR president, and we just gotta deal. I have a rant coming up, and then I'll pretty much be done.

64BonnieLass
Fri Nov 7th, 2008, 05:32 PM
I have a rant coming up, and then I'll pretty much be done.

OMG..... http://www.clipartof.com/images/emoticons/xsmall2/1974_eating_popcorn.gif (http://www.clipartof.com/details/emoticon/1974.html)

Hold on for dear life and prepare yourselves people! LMAO.

TFOGGuys
Fri Nov 7th, 2008, 05:40 PM
As a note, ammoman.com is currently 2000 orders behind, post election.