PDA

View Full Version : i need help on my rear turn signals!!!

nlh8584
Sat Nov 8th, 2008, 03:09 PM
ok i have done a search and have found nothing that seems to help. First off i have a 2006 honda cbr 600RR and i just made my own fender eliminator so i bought the LP flush mount lights like i have on the front i go to hook them up and both front and rear stay on all the time when the blinker is turned to the left or the right no blink. The light i bought have 2 wires and coming out of the bike i have 2 wires can any help me please i really need to get the bike back together today

nlh8584
Sat Nov 8th, 2008, 05:14 PM
ok i have made some progress i found out if i hook up the old light and the flush mount at the same time they will blink you can remove the old light and they will still blink untill you turn them off. so my question now is what do i need to get? in order to make them blink. my idea is that the led blinkers dont draw enough power to make the flasher work. Any ideas?

Bueller
Sat Nov 8th, 2008, 05:25 PM
get the flasher relay designed for LED's or load equalizer resistors

Bashed
Sat Nov 8th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Word on what Bueller says.
The new lights do not have the
correct resitance for the stock flasher
relay. I belive they sell them @ auto stores.
Peace Bash

Kevin
Sat Nov 8th, 2008, 06:40 PM
Load resistors! LED's don't draw as much current as the regular light bulbs so they won't trigger the flasher unit. You can pick them up at any motorcycle store. I got mine at Performance - they were about $20 for a pair if I remember right. You need one for each side (Left/Right) Connect them between the 12v positive wire going to the turn signal and ground. They'll get warm (sometimes hot) when your turn signal is on, so put them somewhere where there's ventilation and where they won't contact and melt anything plastic. You can also substitute the stock flasher relay for a solid state relay meant for LED signals. These are also sold at the motorcycle stores and cost about the same. I know Performance has them.

Jim_Vess
Sun Nov 9th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Get yourself one of these:

http://www.motosport.com/street/product/LOCKHART-PHILLIPS-LED-FLASHER-RELAY-UNIVERSAL/?catalogId=104032&page=3&refine=1&srchHistoryURL=k68rf5db||parentCategoryID~3^superP arentCategoryID~category_root^parentCategoryName~S port^categoryID~420^categoryName~Parts@g8wuq8ng||p arentCategoryID~420^categoryID~470^categoryName~Li ghting%20and%20Electrical

Just replace your stock flasher relay with it and your signals will work fine. It's plug and play and you won't need load resistors..