PDA

View Full Version : EBC HH's are bad ? WTF?

BlueDevil
Thu Jun 12th, 2003, 08:31 AM
Ok so I have been talking about pads for a few weeks and getting some randon oppinions on a couple of boards. However here is where I come for good advice I can count on.

Im set on the EBC HH's for my next set of pads and have had no negative comments until today. This "Joe boo" on another forum says they all fail and warp. I asked if this was his experience or a common thing? ( I have never heard of this to this point) He said everyone who uses them knows it and they are crap. SO I point out that many folks I ride with use and love them. He says we obviously dont use them correctly, or we are just to inexperienced to notice...................Bold I must say.

Im confused, using them correctly will warp them and damage a product? huh? Anyone else have any warping or failure with the EBC HH pads? Personal experience or documentation is all welcome. Thanks for your input......

surfinspacegirl
Thu Jun 12th, 2003, 08:48 AM
I heeard one racer say they will eat your rotors, and another say they've used them for 3+ years without a problem. Another tech said they drag too much.

Guess it's a personal opinion.....

Anonymous
Thu Jun 12th, 2003, 08:52 AM
Perhaps he and his friends are the ones who don't use them correctly. Maybe they ride around all day with the brakes on :roll: . Maybe they're wearing them down to the metal, causing them to heat excessively and warp?!? You should ask him how long it takes before they start to warp (3 years/10,000 miles? :lol: ).
:idea: Hmmm, if they're no good, then why do racers use them (at least the race version)? :lol:

BlueDevil
Thu Jun 12th, 2003, 08:53 AM
Good point. Thats what I think. Im assuming he is a tard!!!

Ytry2
Thu Jun 12th, 2003, 09:14 AM
I run double HH's on my race bike - that is a given :shock: stopping power so hard my eyes fly out...
Street on my 1k, i run what else double HH ;) If they can stop me on a dime at the the track, why not run them on the street.

I have run them on my 1k since the 2nd day i had it back in 2001.

Draging, yes they do, and i LOVE that sounds, because they are ready to slow you down ;) if you want to get technical, you may loose some speed to friction, but would you really notice?

Warpin the rotors WTF??? as spidy said they must ride around with the front brakes on 24/7..
:idea: maybe they should take one disk off that way they only warp one at a time ;)

BlueDevil
Thu Jun 12th, 2003, 09:20 AM
No not the rotors warping. He says the metal behind the pad warps and causes loss in stopping power and failure. :?

I agree. I put a new set of HH's on my buddies biek and took them out for a test. Put the fear of god in me. I gave it a healthy 2 finger pull and damn near got tossed over the screen. Locked that front end up so damn fast. I put the kick stand down and got off right then. haha

surfinspacegirl
Thu Jun 12th, 2003, 09:24 AM
I run double HH's on my race bike - that is a given :shock: stopping power so hard my eyes fly out...

Ouch, I bet THAT smarts :lol:

My Goodridge lines and EBC HH pads are going in today...I swear.... they've been hanging around the garage for way too long :oops: I'll let you know how high that first unexpected stoppie goes :lol:

BlueDevil
Thu Jun 12th, 2003, 09:31 AM

Ouch, I bet THAT smarts :lol:

My Goodridge lines and EBC HH pads are going in today...I swear.... they've been hanging around the garage for way too long :oops: I'll let you know how high that first unexpected stoppie goes :lol:

I will have the same set up. GR lines already in place and HH's are the pads on order. Let me know what U think. I know its not the same bike but same set up should be similar in eye popping grip. :lol:

BladeRider
Thu Jun 12th, 2003, 09:33 AM
Dion,

I haven't heard of the metal plates on the pad warping, but I have heard some of my Aprilia buds complain about the rotors warping. Most of us suspect though that Aprilia cut the rotors too thin since they come stock with sintered pads and some of the complaint were from guys running stock.

If you're really worried, try a set of Ferodo SinterGrip. I've heard claims they're better than HH's.

Tom