PDA

View Full Version : Horsetooth Res via Full Throttle

mtnairlover
Sun Nov 9th, 2008, 04:25 PM
So, I was liking the feel of the sunshine through the windows where I sit to tap away at my keyboard and was getting a lil antsy to ride. I decided to take a short jaunt up to Full Throttle, since I haven't been there since they opened. Nice place and Amy's really great to talk with.
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/zedoutsideFT.jpg

Check out the yellow painted lines for motorcycles.:eyebrows:

Amy and her husband Josh love to ride just as much as anyone else I know.
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/joshandamypic.jpg

Just had to get a shot of that picture/clock...but the first dollar looks like it could use some framing, too.:)
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/firstdollar.jpg

For those of you who are new to the North area, if you're ever up at Full Throttle and are itching to take a short ride, then Horsetooth Reservoir is a pretty good destination. It's not up into the mountains, so no worries of gravel on the road during the winter (mostly). It's an easy ride west of FT...
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/maptohorsetooth.jpg

You can either take the road going south and west around the lake, or go north. Although it's not very long, it is one way to take care of the withdrawals during winter. The scenery isn't too bad either...
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/zedathorsetooth.jpg

Welp...looks like it's day by day now as far as riding on two wheels is concerned. I'll find myself riding around Horsetooth a bit during winter and if I get real adventurous, maybe hwy7, which is a south-facing road, so it will typically be more clear than most other roads from gravel.

64BonnieLass
Sun Nov 9th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Yay Cath!

A friend and I did Big Thomson on Saturday then went thru Glen Haven to Estes. OMG OMG OMG.

It was my first time seeing those roads and it was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank god for motorcyles and sanity. It was absolutely the most wonderful ride. I can't even tell you how much I needed it and loved it. Good Lawd!! Gorgeous!!!!!

I always love the pictures you post. :)

mtnairlover
Sun Nov 9th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Thanks, Terri.

Yeah, some of those canyon roads can get a bit dicey in the winter, but I'm glad you were able to get up Devils Gulch to Glen Haven and Estes before the really bad weather hits. It's not a road to play on in the winter time.

SloBlue
Sun Nov 9th, 2008, 09:07 PM
I'm new to the CSC. I was out enjoying the great job that Bart at Faster Motorsports did on my stage 2 jet kit on my blue Super Hawk Friday. My daughter was riding with me and my son was on his red XR650L. We past you there at the overlook. I've seen your posts, if I had known it was a club member, I'd have stopped and introduced myself. We had an awesome ride.

mtnairlover
Sun Nov 9th, 2008, 09:18 PM
You should head up to Full Throttle when they do their bike nights. They're gonna try out both Wednesday and Thursday this week and will do that for a while to see which night is best.

Sorry I missed ya. Saw lots of cruisers and GW types...maybe only one sport bike. I may get out again next weekend depending on the weather of course.

chad23
Sun Nov 9th, 2008, 09:38 PM
I really wish I could have gone, but Cat was out all day and I was stuck with the kiddos. After that I could have used a ride

RCStylin'
Sun Nov 9th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Me and Psychomike went by there on Saturday and the owner seemed really nice. I hope they survive there.

crazyhammer10
Mon Nov 10th, 2008, 07:16 AM
help help help after sitting on my a** yesterday i need a ride and not the one you get from the playstation

chad23
Mon Nov 10th, 2008, 07:24 AM
hey the PS2 did it job. I was going nuts sitting around the house all day. by the way let me know when your ready for a rematch.

mtnairlover
Mon Nov 10th, 2008, 07:39 AM
lol...you guys and your gaming...sheesh!

Hey, if the weather holds out next weekend, you guys wanna try and do a run in the hills on Sunday?

chad23
Mon Nov 10th, 2008, 07:55 AM
I'm not even a gamer, I just had to ride...even if it meant on a video game. lets see what the weather and roads look like after this week.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Nov 10th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Little chilly both days, but I had a great ride Saturday into boulder, and then a quick rip to Estes-n-back sunday

Nick_Ninja
Mon Nov 10th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Little chilly both days, but I had a great ride Saturday into boulder, and then a quick rip to Estes-n-back sunday

So who was the passenger in the red leathers?

asp_125
Mon Nov 10th, 2008, 10:30 AM
lol...you guys and your gaming...sheesh!

Hey, if the weather holds out next weekend, you guys wanna try and do a run in the hills on Sunday?

Hopefully it'll be my first weekend in a while that I'll be free. Forecast is looking iffy though, it'll be day by day. http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Longmont&state=CO&site=BOU&textField1=40.1728&textField2=-105.112&e=0

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Nov 10th, 2008, 01:42 PM
So who was the passenger in the red leathers?
......some little cutie I just happened to pick up along the way....:)

Did I pass you and miss seeing ya?

Sortarican
Mon Nov 10th, 2008, 02:00 PM
....Thank god for motorcyles and sanity....

.....only one of which Terri is actually in possesion of.

But I can't believe you've never riden those canyons.
Those bastard Northies are bogarting all the best runs.:(

64BonnieLass
Mon Nov 10th, 2008, 02:27 PM

Darn skippy sunshine! But it aids me in continuing to think you are just the greatest. :p

Nick_Ninja
Mon Nov 10th, 2008, 02:49 PM
......some little cutie I just happened to pick up along the way....:)

Did I pass you and miss seeing ya?

I was coming back into Boulder and turned left in front of you as you were waiting to turn left from eastbound Baseline to northbound 28th Street. You were the first in the left turn lane. I was busy working that day.

Sortarican
Mon Nov 10th, 2008, 03:06 PM
....it aids me in continuing to think you are just the greatest. :p

LOL,
Proof positive you're not in your right mind.
(And right back at ya Sunshine.)

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Nov 10th, 2008, 05:01 PM

But I can't believe you've never riden those canyons.
Those bastard Northies are bogarting all the best runs.:(
.....not to mention 125 between Granby and Rand......:)

But I gotta say, the roads Steve and i did on our last ride were the best sweepers ever.....well, till we finde something even better next summer! hopefully, your headlights will be working then!

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Nov 10th, 2008, 05:03 PM
I was coming back into Boulder and turned left in front of you as you were waiting to turn left from eastbound Baseline to northbound 28th Street. You were the first in the left turn lane. I was busy working that day.
Ahhhhh yes, I didn't recognize the truck that almost made a hood ornament out of us.....:) J/K!

We were coming down from Flagstaff. Thought I'd take her on a nice little ride up there to show her the view. She's new to this area up North (Eh?) so I thought I'd show her the sights.

skortch
Thu Nov 13th, 2008, 06:41 AM
I stopped by Full Throttle last night for some coffee and cake, not to vote for Wednesdays for Bike Night but more because the temps are going to be colder today. There were around 10 customers including myself and a friend.

Afterwards I took a moonlight spin up around Horsetooth, to Rotary Park to view the city lights and then down to the south boat ramp area. The moon was bright and a headlight was almost unnecessary. On the way back I passed by a deer strolling along in the bike lane. It didn't jump or alter its line at all as I went by, just kept ambling obliviously. Something to keep an eye out for...

With warm enough clothes I'm kinda liking these late night/late season rides.