PDA

View Full Version : 630AM Right Now

The Black Knight
Tue Nov 11th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Anyone listening to them right now(or earlier this morning)?? Topic is Gun Rights vs. Gun Control. Some serious heated discussions going on. And who was the moron Mike from Boulder that was on about 8:00am, that guy was a complete idiot...

Check it out if you can right now. I'm streaming on-line, good radio...

http://www.khow.com/cc-common/ondemand/player.html?world=st

SamuraiX
Tue Nov 11th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Guns have been flying off the shelves, somethings definitely going on here?

"well, theyre scared...

"scared of what?

"uuugh, They're scared of Obama opening up the border!?
And lettin all the terrorists in!

"Like George Bush never let that happen!

uuuumm.. yeah iguess

COMMERCIAL.

Here comes another bright one.

The Black Knight
Tue Nov 11th, 2008, 09:01 AM
Definetely an interesting show and topic. A buddy of mine called me and said I needed to turn it over there. I caught a good portion of it when I was out around 7:30 and then got home and fired it up here on the computer in live stream. So I only missed a bit of it.

Some of those callers were hilarious...

The Black Knight
Tue Nov 11th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Tom Martino is talking about the same topic now. Carry over from the last show.

SamuraiX
Tue Nov 11th, 2008, 09:15 AM
Hang up on that old bitch TM! Shes rambling.

The Black Knight
Tue Nov 11th, 2008, 09:16 AM
yeah Tom is more of finance, though he was going to open it up to carry over the topic from the last show. I was hoping it would continue.

Yeah I agree, that last woman was rambling...

Snowman
Tue Nov 11th, 2008, 09:23 AM
I think you guys should do whatever it takes to sell out the gun shops, NOW!

Max out your credit cards, take out that second or third mortgage even empty your money jar buried in your backyard. This could be your last chance you will ever see any guns ever.

You know Obama will sign that executive order to get the National Guard to march down your street the take your guns! Time is running out….

SamuraiX
Tue Nov 11th, 2008, 09:24 AM
HERES MY SCREAMIN DEAL! Helmets 50% off!!

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/900882973.html

Xtreme Performance
826 Park St.
Castle Rock

Vance
Tue Nov 11th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Okay,
I didn't listen to the show - but I have some thoughts on this...
As a bit of a conundrum to political types (a gun owning / gun rights supporting social liberal fiscal conservative military supporting Kennedy-esque centrist) I know there is some totally misguided panic about Obama taking office and clamping down on guns.

Here's the thing...
He's said it himself that there are already hundreds of laws on the books regarding guns. Why do we need more? Just enforce the ones we've got that make sense.

Therein also - he's a Constitutional Lawyer. He's not going to fuck with the 2nd Amendment, no matter how much psycho left-wingers like Pelosi want to, especially coming off the Supreme Court's decision to allow Washington D.C. residents to once again own handguns. Obama even, if I'm not mistaken, PRAISED that ruling as supporting the Constitution!!!!

He's not going to allow legislation to pass that will threaten the 2nd Amendment like so many people are freaking out about.

He LIKELY will allow something to pass that closes the private sale gun show loophole in states that haven't already closed it.

But I seriously don't see the reason for all the panic.

He's not coming for my guns or my clips that hold more than 10.
He's not coming for anything.

All this is doing is allowing gun and ammo prices to be marked up more than they would have been to make extra profit off people's panic.

Snowman
Tue Nov 11th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Okay,
As a bit of a conundrum to political types (a gun owning / gun rights supporting social liberal fiscal conservative military supporting Kennedy-esque centrist) I know there is some totally misguided panic about Obama taking office and clamping down on guns.

Here's the thing...
He's said it himself that there are already hundreds of laws on the books regarding guns. Why do we need more? Just enforce the ones we've got that make sense.

Therein also - he's a Constitutional Lawyer. He's not going to fuck with the 2nd Amendment, no matter how much psycho left-wingers like Pelosi want to, especially coming off the Supreme Court's decision to allow Washington D.C. residents to once again own handguns. Obama even, if I'm not mistaken, PRAISED that ruling as supporting the Constitution!!!!

He's not going to allow legislation to pass that will threaten the 2nd Amendment like so many people are freaking out about.

He LIKELY will allow something to pass that closes the private sale gun show loophole in states that haven't already closed it.

All this is doing is allowing gun and ammo prices to be marked up more than they would have been to make extra profit off people's panic.Dude, Shhhhhh…. Do you know how much money there is under these people’s mattresses?

I see this is a clever ploy by the neo-conservatives to stimulate the economy through the panic buying of guns and ammunition. After all they are the ones that own the gun shops and in desperate need of liquidity to cover the cost of rebuilding of the Republican party.

A..Humm as I was saying...
BUY NOW! TOMORROW MAY BE TOO LATE!!!! :)

SamuraiX
Tue Nov 11th, 2008, 09:36 AM
Parker Task Force = :up: Mostly helps elderly and sick dipshit!

Ted =:roll:

Mr. Sparky Electric= cool name

The triple refinanced, double mortgage having assholes,
asking for their "Bailout"=:slappers:

This guy cleared my septic line out a few weeks ago, i taunted him some... ill admit.

The Black Knight
Tue Nov 11th, 2008, 09:48 AM
I think you guys should do whatever it takes to sell out the gun shops, NOW!

Max out your credit cards, take out that second or third mortgage even empty your money jar buried in your backyard. This could be your last chance you will ever see any guns ever.

You may never know when Obama will sign that executive order to get the National Guard to march down your street the take your guns. He might do it on day one.
Time is running out….
you know you could be onto something.. yeah, yeah I need to dig in soon. HAHA last stand blaze of glory type stuff :)

Okay,

Here's the thing...

All this is doing is allowing gun and ammo prices to be marked up more than they would have been to make extra profit off people's panic.
Well Vance, I think the main reason we are seeing such a jump in sales is because of Obama's and Biden's track records. I've posted it many times of how Obama has voted towards guns. He can give all the lip service he wants about how he supposedly supports the Supreme Courts decision on the 2nd Amendment. But that's just to appease those when he was seeking the high office.

Now there's no telling what he's going to do. Biden was the original author of the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban. People are going off of the past. When Clinton got in office, it didn't take him but two years to pass the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban.

With Obama and Biden at the helm, this next Ban could come quicker and I think people and gun sales are reflecting that sentiment. And people have alot of proof to go off of:
http://origin.barackobama.com/issues/urban_policy/
Address Gun Violence in Cities: "As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn't have them. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets."

There it is direct from his website. He's also made no bones about taxing ammunition to high heaven. He figures if he can't get all the guns, then taxing ammo to the point that it costs as much as a gun does, will render all gun owner helpless.

And while he may be a Constitutional lawyer and scholar. He's been quoted many times as saying that he feels "the Constitution is a document of NEGATIVE Bill of Rights, it says what the US Government CAN'T do to you(populace) but it doesn't say what they CAN."(<--paraphrased)

So you can take what he says with a grain of salt or you can take it with much more conviction. Either way, we've got changes coming to our Bill of Rights. It's just too many Red Flags raised that the populace is seeing and that's why we are seeing the influx of gun sales and ammo/accesories going through the roof.

It's certainly a golden day for Gun Shops because they are making money hand over fist. However, according to some of the gun shop(owners) I've spoken to and heard from others, if the Revised Assault Weapons Ban is passed, it's going to basically bankrupt them and they will have to close down or downsize. I mean you can only go so far on revolver and shotgun sales.

All I can say to people is be watchful, mindful and do what you've got to do.

guegreen
Tue Nov 11th, 2008, 10:27 AM
you know you could be onto something.. yeah, yeah I need to dig in soon. HAHA last stand blaze of glory type stuff :)

And while he may be a Constitutional lawyer and scholar. He's been quoted many times as saying that he feels "the Constitution is a document of NEGATIVE Bill of Rights, it says what the US Government CAN'T do to you(populace) but it doesn't say what they CAN."(<--paraphrased)

So you can take what he says with a grain of salt or you can take it with much more conviction. Either way, we've got changes coming to our Bill of Rights. It's just too many Red Flags raised that the populace is seeing and that's why we are seeing the influx of gun sales and ammo/accesories going through the roof.

You are a complete idiot, aren't you. The concept of negative rights (negative in that it proscribes gov't action, as opposed to affirmative, in that it prescribes rights held by individuals) is a CONSERVATIVE one, advanced by CONSERVATIVES since the time of Burke. In fact, going back to Jefferson and Locke, that has been the preferred means of restraining government in defense of individual liberties. Obama's position is the same as mainstream conservative legal scholars.

As someone who worked in the United States Senate, I can guarantee that no gun legislation is coming anytime soon-- the economy, tax package, health care and energy -- all take precedence. And, no just because someone introduces, or re-introduces a bill, doesn't mean its on the way to becoming law.
I'm really starting to believe that this gun-hoarding paranoia is a distinct, and potentially dangerous, form of mental illness. I'm quite happy with my old M-1 carbine, with its scope and thirty-shot clip, just like the weapon my father carried, and I don't fear that anyone was "is coming for it." And I am thrilled that world view is not anchored in my attachment to it, or my Navy Colt replica, or the Parabellum is my desk drawer.
So go buy all the guns you want, but don't think many folks think your obsession is foundation for political discourse. Most of America doesn't believe guns are an issue (see the election results last week) aren't rushing to stuff another AR under their beds.
Instead, why don't you read outside the right-wing fear and echo chamber, and understand that the world does not revolve about your guns and fear, yet instead might be concerned with job losses, financial disaster and yes, access to affordable health care.

Big-J
Tue Nov 11th, 2008, 10:43 AM
:horse:

The Black Knight
Tue Nov 11th, 2008, 10:54 AM
You are a complete idiot, aren't you. The concept of negative rights (negative in that it proscribes gov't action, as opposed to affirmative, in that it prescribes rights held by individuals) is a CONSERVATIVE one, advanced by CONSERVATIVES since the time of Burke. In fact, going back to Jefferson and Locke, that has been the preferred means of restraining government in defense of individual liberties. Obama's position is the same as mainstream conservative legal scholars.

As someone who worked in the United States Senate, I can guarantee that no gun legislation is coming anytime soon-- the economy, tax package, health care and energy -- all take precedence. And, no just because someone introduces, or re-introduces a bill, doesn't mean its on the way to becoming law.
I'm really starting to believe that this gun-hoarding paranoia is a distinct, and potentially dangerous, form of mental illness. I'm quite happy with my old M-1 carbine, with its scope and thirty-shot clip, just like the weapon my father carried, and I don't fear that anyone was "is coming for it." And I am thrilled that world view is not anchored in my attachment to it, or my Navy Colt replica, or the Parabellum is my desk drawer.
So go buy all the guns you want, but don't think many folks think your obsession is foundation for political discourse. Most of America doesn't believe guns are an issue (see the election results last week) aren't rushing to stuff another AR under their beds.
Instead, why don't you read outside the right-wing fear and echo chamber, and understand that the world does not revolve about your guns and fear, yet instead might be concerned with job losses, financial disaster and yes, access to affordable health care.

OH really??

Well I invite you to get out of your house and take a stroll to your local gun shop. Most all of them I know of are selling AR's like fish drink water. One local guy here in the Springs sold 30 AR's in one day, gun shops across America are registering $100k+ in sales. But you're right, no one is buying weapons in mass. Geez man you think I'm stupid or something?? I was born at night but not last night. You've got to do better than that.

I never said the world revolves around guns and fear. I was merely having a good dicussion Vance and replied to his comment, until your dumbass jumped in and started throwing around insults and BS

And as someone(you) who has worked in the US Senate you're a politician. You can't guarantee s**t. I file politicians along with used car salesmen, credit debt collectors, judges and lawyers. If their mouths are moving, then they're lying.

As far as the negative rights Obama was talking about in the Constitution. Are rights he feels the Government does not have. He wants to expand rights the FEDs can have. Nothing more nothing less. I wasn't slamming him, just quoting what I've heard him say(from a radio interview).

Oh and by the way, a buddy of mine was in the same gun shop I mentioned late last week. While he was in there chatting with the owner and purchasing some stuff, he noticed 3, Barrett .50 cals go out the door. Yeah you're right, a gun close to $8000 is just an impulse buy. Same gun store is also now fresh out of AK47's. But you're right, no one is out buying weapons. Gun shops are just making this up..

You've got to do better than that man....

InlineSIX24
Tue Nov 11th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Look at it this way. Obama inadvertently created an economic stimulus incentive by winning... only its being driven by the conservatives.. :lol:

Vance
Tue Nov 11th, 2008, 11:02 AM

Well Vance, I think the main reason we are seeing such a jump in sales is because of Obama's and Biden's track records. I've posted it many times of how Obama has voted towards guns. He can give all the lip service he wants about how he supposedly supports the Supreme Courts decision on the 2nd Amendment. But that's just to appease those when he was seeking the high office.

Now there's no telling what he's going to do. Biden was the original author of the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban. People are going off of the past. When Clinton got in office, it didn't take him but two years to pass the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban.

With Obama and Biden at the helm, this next Ban could come quicker and I think people and gun sales are reflecting that sentiment. And people have alot of proof to go off of:
http://origin.barackobama.com/issues/urban_policy/
Address Gun Violence in Cities: "As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn't have them. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets."

There it is direct from his website. He's also made no bones about taxing ammunition to high heaven. He figures if he can't get all the guns, then taxing ammo to the point that it costs as much as a gun does, will render all gun owner helpless.

It's certainly a golden day for Gun Shops because they are making money hand over fist. However, according to some of the gun shop(owners) I've spoken to and heard from others, if the Revised Assault Weapons Ban is passed, it's going to basically bankrupt them and they will have to close down or downsize. I mean you can only go so far on revolver and shotgun sales.

I totally get where you're coming from BK.
I guess I'm just not as worried because we've been through it before - and it was repealed before - and nobody came to my door knocking down my walls looking for guns. I still was able to buy 15 round clips for my gun easily enough. Ammo never went off the shelves.

If anyone ever tried to really clamp down and turn this into the UK or Australia or the like - this country will never stand for it.
There are enough gun owning liberals who would stand up and fight against that because it violates not just personal protection laws - but rights to privacy and property ownership.

THAT attempt there I could envision becoming a genuine 2nd Revolution if it were to ever happen - and for that - I will gladly stand by your side to fight the tyranny of whatever government dares to have the impunity to grant themselves that right... and therein I will gladly shed the blood of anyone who tries to profess superiority in attempting to do so.

Hypothetically if "They" were to want to go door to door to collect guns... they better be prepared for people to be shooting back... and a hell of a lot of them.

TFOGGuys
Tue Nov 11th, 2008, 11:05 AM
blah, blah, blah....pointless name calling.....
As someone who worked in the United States Senate, I can guarantee that no gun legislation is coming anytime soon--

Ever look at that OTHER house of the legislature, genius?

HR1022 (http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c110:H.R.1022:) pretty much bans everything the 94 ban did, plus a crapload of formerly acceptable firearms. Did not pass in the last session, but most likely will be reintroduced in the lame duck session upcoming. Obama has already said he supports it.

guegreen
Tue Nov 11th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Great response Black Knight. Great take on dealing with the substantive issues. Fantastic use of ad hominem attacks.

Try this on for size. In exit polling less than 5% of voters said gun rights/gun control was a top issue for them. Let's say a hundred thousand new gun purchases across the nation (we'll have real stats soon from the ATF) since the election, in a nation of 301 million. You can do fractions, can't you?

I don't really expect you to think deeply, much less read deeply. Your intellectual habits were stunted in your early twenties, and you haven't had a new thought since then. But don't delude yourself into thinking that your obsession is representative of the whole of America. You're at best a statistical outlier, blinkered and blindered. Again, the world does not revolve about your guns, and your fears. And the point of the previous post was that Obama's view of rights is a conservative one. Apparently you believe the "fed's have rights" and they can be expanded somehow.
The government does not have rights, individuals do. The government has legal authority, expressed in statute. That what Obama, and Scalia, and Roberts, and O'Connor, and Alito and Thomas believe. That's the shared ground of left and right in understanding the legal framework of our nation.
But not you... too dim-witted or uneducated to grasp the nature of liberty and government power. God save our nation from your ilk.

The Black Knight
Tue Nov 11th, 2008, 11:27 AM
I totally get where you're coming from BK.
I guess I'm just not as worried because we've been through it before - and it was repealed before - and nobody came to my door knocking down my walls looking for guns. I still was able to buy 15 round clips for my gun easily enough. Ammo never went off the shelves.

If anyone ever tried to really clamp down and turn this into the UK or Australia or the like - this country will never stand for it.
There are enough gun owning liberals who would stand up and fight against that because it violates not just personal protection laws - but rights to privacy and property ownership.

THAT attempt there I could envision becoming a genuine 2nd Revolution if it were to ever happen - and for that - I will gladly stand by your side to fight the tyranny of whatever government dares to have the impunity to grant themselves that right... and therein I will gladly shed the blood of anyone who tries to profess superiority in attempting to do so.

Hypothetically if "They" were to want to go door to door to collect guns... they better be prepared for people to be shooting back... and a hell of a lot of them.
I agree with you on much Vance. While I was only 14 when the first assault weapons ban was enacted. I watched how it changed the landscape for gun owners. Sure people still could purchase AR15's and so forth "under the ban", but they had to be weapons already on the shelves. No "new" guns could be purchased or made for "civilian" use.

But I think with this new Revised Assault Weapons Ban, we've got an entirely new monster to deal with. While the 1994 version was tough and restricted alot. This new one is even more restrictive and more weapons were added to it. I mean under this new ban, handguns would be considered "assault weapons" based on their design and capacity. The handgun is part of American history and culture and now they are going to ban the "new" wave of handguns just by design??

Look I'm with you, I think it's going to take alot to bring on the gun confiscations. However, I feel that bans like this one and others brought forth will only be more and more the foot in the door type thing. I'm a registered Republican, though I tend to run into the Libertarian category alot(especially on the political tests). I firmly believe in the Constitution and Bill of Rights. I don't want any of that tampered with. I completely respect anyone's position to NOT own a firearm, because it's their American right. I just don't get why others(law makers) can't respect mine and the millions of others for OWNING firearms or to restrict what kinds we can have. I believe in the good of all Americans to be law abiding citizens. Those of us who jump through the hoops to get all kinds of licenses have had to maintain a impeccable background in order to get them and keep them.

As far as 15 round mags go, yep you could still get those under the old ban. However, 30rd 40rd and 75rd mags were banned. I have several M16 mags that say "For Military and Law Enforcement Use Only", those were post ban magazines made. Had the old ban not expired I and You would still not be able to purchase those magazines. We would be limited as to what we could have. I hate limitations, I think it's the main reason you'll always see such a strong opposition by the NRA and other gun groups. Again it's the whole "give them an inch, they'll take you a mile" routine.

Gun groups aren't paranoid, I'm not paranoid. We just don't want it to happen on the off chance someone gets a wild hair and decides to make everyone's worse nightmare come true. Like my signature latin quote says "if you want peace, prepare for war". I liken that to many things in life. Sure I strive for peace and for things to remain as they are. But I've ever vigilante to keep a watchful eye on my government and it's politicians. Because as soon as you turn your back, they've got you.

As for a 2nd Revolution, I would stand with you as well in defense of our nation's liberties and rights. I also will gladly spill the blood of tyrants and oppression, should it come down to the preservation of our country and it's most treasured Liberties.

guegreen
Tue Nov 11th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Ever look at that OTHER house of the legislature, genius?

HR1022 (http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c110:H.R.1022:) pretty much bans everything the 94 ban did, plus a crapload of formerly acceptable firearms. Did not pass in the last session, but most likely will be reintroduced in the lame duck session upcoming. Obama has already said he supports it.

Yep, did manage to gaze at that chamber a couple of times. Have a couple of friends who serve there, or work there.
So, let's take your post at face value. If a ban is introduced, and passes both houses in the lame duck session, are you arguing that Bush would sign it? After, he is still President, until Jan 20...
Second, since you can link to THOMAS (unless you simply copied the link from someplace where specious argument grows), head back there. Research the number of bills and resolutions introduced this Congress, and then compare and contrast with the count of those that became law. Tiny fraction, huh. Bills are resolutions are introduced daily by the dozens to make some minor, often insipid, point. But they don't become law-- surviving committee hearings, floor action and the president's desk. In fact, the overwhelming number of them never even appear on a committee's schedule-- dead on arrival. {you could have picked this up from Schoolhouse Rock when you were a child, if that was the depth of your civics education}
So get worked up and freaked out about the ban, which may be coming two or three years down the line. But even then, it will be watered down, and probably a shadow of itself. This president has more than enough real problems to confront, and fights to win, without dealing with marginalia and minutia. And I hope your business can enjoy some of Big Bad Obama's tax cuts, just like my businesses will, cuz I know your little shop doesn't bottom line $250k a year. And if you sell, Big Bad Obama is gonna take less in capital gains, too.

The Black Knight
Tue Nov 11th, 2008, 06:27 PM
I'm back with a full report of the two gun shops/stores I frequent the most. Sportsmans Wearhouse here in the Springs, is completely out of handguns save for about 6 Ruger .22's on the wall and revolvers(plenty of those). Pistols are out basically. They have no AR15's or assault shotguns. Mainly just hunting rifles.

Specialty Sports on the other hand, has plenty of everything as far as handguns go(then again he's strictly a gun store, not an everything store like Sportsmans). I didn't manage to get to the AR's AK's section because the place was packed. Every parking spot was taken at the store. Ammo was down to nothing in the store, save for a pallet full of AK47 ammo(I'm thinking now would be a good time to have an AK or purchase one if you could find it as Ammo is way cheaper for AK than AR).

Here's the best part, I spoke to the owner and he said from the time they opened until they were going to close at 4pm(close early for Veterans Day) they have been packed full. I didn't get an exact count but the guns behind the counter in cases awaiting CBI approval were close to 80. Yep about 80 from pistols to shotguns to AR's/AK's. The place was a madhouse. Hell he even had crappy birdshot by the butt loads.

The nice thing about this is, it's sending a huge message to the Gun-Grabbers in America. Yeah the gun grabbing thing? it ain't happening :) At least not without a fight.

One more tidbit, November 19th is going to be buy ammo day. So if you can(if there is any left) buy ammo, to help send a message to Washington that Gun owners in America are not gonna have any of this gun grabbing BS.

So you're right guegreen, I guess no one really is out buying AR's for safe keeping. :)

MattTLS
Tue Nov 11th, 2008, 07:01 PM
You are a complete idiot, aren't you.

Everyone is free to have an opinion. I find it difficult to believe that someone like yourself worked in the U.S.Senate, and even if you did, I am certainly not upset that you're no longer there. Yours does not seem to be the type to get things done. Rather, you want to bitch, moan, and belittle when your argument doesn't pass the smell test.

dirkterrell
Tue Nov 11th, 2008, 07:16 PM
You are a complete idiot, aren't you.

I don't really expect you to think deeply, much less read deeply. Your intellectual habits were stunted in your early twenties, and you haven't had a new thought since then.
But not you... too dim-witted or uneducated to grasp the nature of liberty and government power.

Great response Black Knight. Great take on dealing with the substantive issues. Fantastic use of ad hominem attacks.

So, are you the pot or the kettle?

Dirk

The Black Knight
Tue Nov 11th, 2008, 08:10 PM
I'm not to worried about him Dirk, he kind of reminds me of someone who used to frequent the board awhile back i.e. clustermagnet, pacman, mrbeefy

rforsythe
Tue Nov 11th, 2008, 09:34 PM
No, this noob is actually a whole new person. I even looked at his website...

The Black Knight
Tue Nov 11th, 2008, 09:43 PM
No, this noob is actually a whole new person. I even looked at his website...

Hmmm, well he seems to be rather pissed off at me. Oh well, he can take a number and get in line. :)

Pandora-11
Tue Nov 11th, 2008, 09:52 PM
BK,
That's funny. I got your back. :)
Yeah, so?

Snowman
Wed Nov 12th, 2008, 07:32 AM
Hmmm, well he seems to be rather pissed off at me. Oh well, he can take a number and get in line. :)To know you is to love you, Man...

guegreen
Wed Nov 12th, 2008, 08:04 AM
It's funny--- I've seen all of this before.
First at the Tim McVeigh trial, talking with investigators on the case. See McVeigh (the guy who killed 168, including a bunch of children, and wounded 800 in the domestic terrorist bombing of Murrah Building in 1995 in OKC) had a similar world view-- paranoid, delusions of persecution, and weapon-hoarding. He had lots of threatening avatars as he paraded across the shadow world of the mid-90's militia movement, until his paranoia turned deadly.
I saw it a second time, when I was the campaign manager for Guy Kelley, who ran for Congress in the Fourth Congressional District. Kelley was defeated by Bob Schaffer for the seat. In the race, we were critical of Schaffer for going on "militia" radio, a shortwave station in Johnstown, Colorado, that was a voice for "militia" movement.
In due course, I did two interviews on separate shows on the station. Most callers were engaging, and I being a Colorado boy who had grown up shooting with my high school buddies, was quite comfortable.
But within a day or two, I was contacted by federal law enforcement, who told me confidential informants within the militia movement had warned that I had been talked about as target, that my Denver home had been "cased," and plans had been formulated to blow up the Kelley campaign office in Fort Collins.
They told me they didn't think it was a serious threat, but that they would keep an eye on both my home, my office and my wife.

The backdrop of that time was a concerted effort to scare people about the threat of Bill Clinton, Janet Reno and the "feds." Lots of folks believing those threats, and owned high powered weapons, made threats of their own-- the vast majority without the courage to act on them, much less make themselves publicly known. G. Gordon Liddy was telling people on his nationally syndicated show to shoot ATF agents in the head, lest their intents run afoul of body armor. I wonder how many folks now racing to buy AR's share that mentality?

But as someone who received the threats, and much worse, viewed the crime scene photos of dead children in OKC, I won't sit silent again as hatred, paranoia and fear percolate in some deadly stew.
And expect others across the nation to the do the same.

guegreen
Wed Nov 12th, 2008, 08:24 AM
As to prevent further confusion, my name is Guerin Lee Green.
I own community newspapers in Denver, and other business interests.
I rode with the MRA in the early nineties (#425) before work sucked up every free moment.
I spent my early years in politics and opinion research. I've run political campaigns across the country.
To reinforce negative preconceptions among the wing-nuts out there, I spent part of election night watching returns in Governor Ritter's hotel suite at the Sheraton. I've also stayed in the home of National Rifle Association lobbyist Mary Anne Bradford when in D.C. I've even been in the semi-secret Capitol Hill office of the NRA. So don't believe you can pigeon-hole my politics. But I speak up against hate and fear, whether on the left or the right, when I see it. I have close friends and business partners who are Republican and Democrat. Friends of mine from both parties serve in our Congress and Statehouse.
I'm active in energy issues nationally. I've sat on the board of a variety of non-profits and business groups.
And I blow off steam on sportbikes-- 900ss, F3, Gran Canyon, 999R, etc. -recently sold the TZ250 I bought from Tony Baker.
And when I'm pissed off, I move to the head of the line.

Snowman
Wed Nov 12th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Welcome Guerin, good to have you on-board.

We have quite a diverse group of political opinions on here. It can get very ugly sometimes however we al would drop anything to come to the aid of another here.

You should show up at any of our events and interdict yourself around, we all would be glad to meet you.

The Black Knight
Wed Nov 12th, 2008, 05:21 PM
As to prevent further confusion, my name is Guerin Lee Green.
I own community newspapers in Denver, and other business interests.
I rode with the MRA in the early nineties (#425) before work sucked up every free moment. Blah Blah Blah, I'm cool I'm badass, blah blah blah I throw out names of people, Blah Blah Blah, I'm cool I'm badass some more. And I blow off steam on sportbikes-- 900ss, F3, Gran Canyon, 999R, etc. -recently sold the TZ250 I bought from Tony Baker.
And when I'm pissed off, I move to the head of the line.

Sorry not today, the line is long and distinguished so get used to the wait. :)