PDA

View Full Version : So I almost sold my bike...ramble @ 2am

BigE
Thu Nov 13th, 2008, 01:54 AM
So as some may know I posted my Triumph for sale (along with a bunch of other stuff) a couple of weeks back. Now I don't know how many folks plan on keeping a bike forever but this one I really would like to keep and pass on to my son. Anyway, had one guy come out and check it out, said he'd think about it, then the wife got in a car accident (more bills/money out) and being kind of bummed with the whole deal anyway I sent the guy a counter offer, he accepts but wants to pay by out of state check, I tell the wife I'm going sell the bike, she gets upset and tells my kids, they get upset because everyone wants me to keep the bike. So I killed the deal, and now have no idea how the bills are getting paid this month. AAARRRGHH:banghead: Life is kind of wacked right now!

Oh well, I have a wife and kids who want me to keep my motorcycle instead of selling it and I still have my bike so may just have to go for a ride today.

ChrisCBX
Thu Nov 13th, 2008, 06:58 AM
I plan on keeping my CBX's forever. Don't know what I'll do with them in the distant future but someone in my family will get them. Hopefully someone that appreciates them and doesn't sell them right away.:)

I've sold stuff in the past that I regretted selling. If you really like your bike, you should try to keep it. Motorcycles aren't meant to be logical. Sometimes keeping something that is just fun to own is important too. Like you said, maybe its time to go out for a ride.:)

PhL0aTeR
Thu Nov 13th, 2008, 07:17 AM
Tough decision BigE, hope it works out for the best...

I plan on keeping my CBX's forever. Don't know what I'll do with them in the distant future but someone in my family will get them. Hopefully someone that appreciates them and doesn't sell them right away.:)

I'm available for adoption :hump:

Ceez
Thu Nov 13th, 2008, 08:23 AM
I feel your pain, I am selling my bike now to buy a bigger house for the family. Always seems to be a vicious cycle with me, I have sold plenty of classic cars that I have regretted selling, but just as long as my family is happy and taken care of, thats all that matters to me. Good luck to you and yours.

puckstr
Thu Nov 13th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Bikes are just THINGS, and they can be reacquired.

Hang in there, you will get another one.

salsashark
Thu Nov 13th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Well, I'm both happy and sad for you...

Lemme know if there's anything I can do.

BigE
Thu Nov 13th, 2008, 09:40 AM
Puck, I know bikes are just things and actually I would be bummed to sell it but if it comes to it, well, that's how it goes. I really regret selling only one bike out of over 50 I've owned (didn't someone mention Baskin-Robbins? ya gotta try all the flavors, right James ;)). Anyway that was my Kawasaki H2 triple, which was my dad's, which was the first street bike I got a ride on, first street bike I rode by myself and was given to me as a graduation present. Some people have heirloom china or jewelry, we do motorcycles. That's kind of what my Triumph is to my kids and family as weird as it sounds. Heck, my wife bought up that we could probably give away one of our dogs with less drama and impact to the kids :lol:

Thanks for the comments folks, they are appreciated :up:

Ceez
Thu Nov 13th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Puck, I know bikes are just things and actually I would be bummed to sell it but if it comes to it, well, that's how it goes. I really regret selling only one bike out of over 50 I've owned (didn't someone mention Baskin-Robbins? ya gotta try all the flavors, right James ;)). Anyway that was my Kawasaki H2 triple, which was my dad's, which was the first street bike I got a ride on, first street bike I rode by myself and was given to me as a graduation present. Some people have heirloom china or jewelry, we do motorcycles. That's kind of what my Triumph is to my kids and family as weird as it sounds. Heck, my wife bought up that we could probably give away one of our dogs with less drama and impact to the kids :lol:

Thanks for the comments folks, they are appreciated :up:

Totally hear ya and agree with the heirloom comment as well. My dad had an all original 1970 Pontiac GTO that he had bought brand new in 1969. Well, he ended up wrecking the car and he gave it to me. I wanted to restore it but I had so many offers from random people to buy it from me. I ended up selling it and now regret it for not using it as a project car for my son when he got older. Live and learn....sorta

Sold my 64 Impala for new windows on my house
Sold my 63 Impala for a newer house
Now its time for my bike to go....C'est La Vie

Sortarican
Thu Nov 13th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Oh well, I have a wife and kids who want me to keep my motorcycle instead of selling it and I still have my bike so may just have to go for a ride today.

Now THAT'S a family worth keeping.

BigE
Thu Nov 13th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Now THAT'S a family worth keeping.

AMEN to that! :up: