PDA

View Full Version : I don't know if I have ever wanted to harm someone more than I want to right now...

Devaclis
Fri Nov 14th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Those bastards. Anyone up for a road trip?

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2008/11/13/waugh.ga.cat.used.as.football.wjxt

DavidofColorado
Fri Nov 14th, 2008, 10:13 AM
It won't work for me. Could you give me a hint about what your talking about?

Matty
Fri Nov 14th, 2008, 10:19 AM
you'd think being a teenager you'd have some morals. guess not!

glad the kitten is doing well.

Keyser Soze
Fri Nov 14th, 2008, 10:23 AM
I'll go with ya Dana. I say we take a chainsaw and cut one of every one of those kids legs off. And I'll take the lil tripod home.

Devaclis
Fri Nov 14th, 2008, 10:27 AM
It won't work for me. Could you give me a hint about what your talking about?

People, non-human scum, kicking a kitten like a football :(

DavidofColorado
Fri Nov 14th, 2008, 10:59 AM
OH. On second thought maybe I was better off not knowing.

Sully
Fri Nov 14th, 2008, 11:00 AM
:(... I will adopt Polly.. what a sweet kitten.....

Those teenagers will get what's coming to them...

Nick_Ninja
Fri Nov 14th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Fuckers that did that need a glass rod crammed up their wanker and a ballpein hammer taken to it repeatedly. :321: x 100,000,000

dirkterrell
Fri Nov 14th, 2008, 11:50 AM
I say let the little guy claw the shit out of the assholes and then clean the wounds with rubbing alcohol for a few hours.

Dirk

DavidofColorado
Fri Nov 14th, 2008, 12:03 PM
It worked finally. That is a sad story. I had a 3 leg dog named lady and it lived a long and happy life. She had everything you could want in a dog except speed.

Frosty
Fri Nov 14th, 2008, 12:29 PM
I'm handy with a lead pipe. But I also want to "talk" to the parents of the kids too.

XJ600s
Fri Nov 14th, 2008, 12:46 PM
What a cute kitten! I think people who abuse animals should be given harsher punishment than murderers. It's just wrong in every sense of nature to hurt any animal, especially a young baby such as Polly. At least she seems like she has recovered quite well and will grow up to be a stronger kitty and won't be mentally scarred.

My family adopted a 3 year old dog about 5 years ago. He was left on the side of the road with his mother, and 5 other puppies in a burlap bag. Whoever dumped them decided they couldn't look into the eyes while they attempted to kill, so they put them in the bag and shot randomly at the bag with a gun. The mother was dead along with 2 other puppies. Our dog, named Bullet, had a bullet lodged in his hip that the vet couldn't remove. But Bullet was so abused by a man about my size, he was scared to death of me, and would growl severely at me as if his life was in danger. He ended up being so worried about me in the household that his body couldn't process food, started damaging his own organs and the vet decided it'd be best to put him down. I never once got to pet him though my Mom and 2 sisters were able to play with him all the time. He was a great dog and I wish I could have known who it was who abandoned him, because they would have gotten an even worse beating than Bullet and his family did.

dapper
Fri Nov 14th, 2008, 12:50 PM
This kitten was not the only earthling affected by thoughtlessness. Actions similar to this happen every single day.

Here's a documentary that I saw awhile back. The whole flick is about 1:24 minutes short. I believe the PETA showed pieces of it for their agenda. Those that are moderately emotional should have tissues near by during the flick. When you watch a flick like this. It's likely to change your thoughts toward life.

moviesfoundonline.com/earthlings (http://www.moviesfoundonline.com/earthlings.php)

I'm going to eat some wild-caught fish now...:twisted:

Sully
Fri Nov 14th, 2008, 01:10 PM
I couldn't even finish watching that Dapper :cry:....

Devaclis
Fri Nov 14th, 2008, 01:18 PM
I love my animals. I killed a bunny in my neighborhood last year and it broke my heart. But don't get me started on PETS. Just like religious fundamentalists, extremists, and Greenpeace, they go way overboard to the point of professing that animals should be saved at the cost of human lives. DON'T bring PETA into this.

Cruelty to animals is just that, cruelty. Period.

Captain Obvious
Fri Nov 14th, 2008, 01:18 PM
That is so sad. Shame CNN wasn't able to put anything in the clip about if they know who did it, if charges are pending etc. I can't be the only one who was thinking that the whole time watching Tripod purr up a storm.

Cute cat, and I don't even like cats.

Ghost
Fri Nov 14th, 2008, 01:51 PM
OH. On second thought maybe I was better off not knowing.

Yeah, maybe I'm glad I can't see vids at work.

Still, the content in the other posts is enough to fill me in.

I can't properly convey my disgust with words.

SO, I have a nice Louisville Slugger that will speak for me.

My mother ran a small horse rescue for most of my life, and has only recently closed it down due to her ongoing health concerns (though she still has the animals she couldn't place). As a "rescue" we ended up with far more than just horses, (cats, dogs, rabbits, chickens(!) and others) and I've seen more horribly abused and/or neglected animals than I ever wanted or needed to. We were a no-kill rescue, but some, of course, were simply too far gone by the time we got them, and couldn't be saved despite our best efforts. I detest such senseless, needless, pain and loss.

I'm very glad that the kitten seems to be (from some of the posts above) recovering or fine. I really have no desire to watch the vid, or dig further into the story.

As I said, I really just cannot convey my repulsion and hatred of the abusers.

EDIT:
You know, instead of just matching the abusers' violence with our (fictional) mob violence, if this shit pisses you off, then why not make a $5 donation to the rescue or animal charity of your choice?

With the economy slowing, donations are the first thing to go.

You can't help the kitten in the story, but you could help some other cat/dog that needs it.

chad23
Fri Nov 14th, 2008, 01:55 PM
I say kick the kids till their arm falls off. As far as the other video I would agree that not all slaughter houses are humane, that video showed probably 1% of the industry. But nothing is more inhumane that mother nature, A lion or tiger will eat their pray before it is died. I would choose to kill my own food than have it sold to me. At less wild game I have a better chance that it has no hormones, steroids, or other crap put in it. Chicken is not white and soaked if sodium. I truly believe that most of the problems with kids comes from what we feed them. When we eat more natural food kids were not ADD or ADHD or were allergic not to everything. Cancer was not as big of a problem back in the day as it is now. My mom said when she was a kid it was 1 in 100 women had breast cancer, now its 1 in 10. sad

DevilsTonic
Fri Nov 14th, 2008, 02:21 PM
I think if any of those kids extremities were to be removed, it should be their reproductive ones. We don't need people like that breeding.

Nick_Ninja
Fri Nov 14th, 2008, 03:12 PM
You can adopt the cat if you'd like:

http://www.news4jax.com/seenon4/17967392/detail.html

Captain Obvious
Fri Nov 14th, 2008, 03:34 PM
EDIT:
You know, instead of just matching the abusers' violence with our (fictional) mob violence, if this shit pisses you off, then why not make a $5 donation to the rescue or animal charity of your choice?

Thats noble, but I gotta go with Devalis on this one. Sometimes people just need to be taught a lesson.

Ghost
Fri Nov 14th, 2008, 04:03 PM
You can adopt the cat if you'd like:

http://www.news4jax.com/seenon4/17967392/detail.html (http://www.news4jax.com/seenon4/17967392/detail.html)

If I had the space and money for another, I definitely would.
As is, my three rescuee cats are about the limit of my (soon to be laid-off) budget.

Thats noble, but I gotta go with Devalis on this one. Sometimes people just need to be taught a lesson.

Yeah, after reading the link above, I'm beyond nobility.

I had no idea those fuckers did so much damage to that kitten.

I say we definitely inflict some equivalent bodily harm, then donate $5 to a charity.

Or, if we amputate a few limbs and/or organs, we could donate those to needy children and then donate $5 to an animal charity. How's that?

...seriously...it sucks we can't do anything.

...venting and dreaming up clever ways to even the score just reminds me of how powerless we really are to make their lives deservingly miserable...

The Black Knight
Fri Nov 14th, 2008, 09:00 PM
This kitten was not the only earthling affected by thoughtlessness. Actions similar to this happen every single day.

Here's a documentary that I saw awhile back. The whole flick is about 1:24 minutes short. I believe the PETA showed pieces of it for their agenda. Those that are moderately emotional should have tissues near by during the flick. When you watch a flick like this. It's likely to change your thoughts toward life.

moviesfoundonline.com/earthlings (http://www.moviesfoundonline.com/earthlings.php)

I'm going to eat some wild-caught fish now...:twisted:

Wow that was an interesting video to say the least. I've seen some clips associated with that film in other documentaries. I only had about 3 instances where I was honestly pissed(dog in the trash truck alive, skinning the foxes alive and the baby seals clubbing)

While I'm no member of PETA(I pretty much despise them). I will say that cruelty to animals isn't just something for PETA to get involved with. It's an everybody thing to get invovled with. Animal cruelty is a sick and twisted action to partake in.

While I've actually been a slaughterhouse, I felt some of the videos were a bit extreme in the short film. I've seen a de-horning and though it's done in about the same manner, the guy actually used an antiseptic spray after he peformed the surgery. But that is the nature of the beast when it comes to a slaughterhouse. They aren't fun places to be and it's a cold hard fact that's how you have to mass produce meat. Sure it would be nice if they did it like most people who hunt, and take some thoughtful time with gutting the animal and preparing the meat. In a slaughterhouse or meat packing plant that's not the case. It can't be when you're manufacturing that much meat.

That said, I believe there are alot more humane ways of approaching this technique. Dropping bricks on the heads of animals and pounding pipe wrenches into their skulls is totally wrong and an atrocity. But remember in order to get meat, life must be taken in order to provide that meat.

I will disagree with the video though, that says "if we all had to kill our own meat, we'd be vegetarians." Yeah that's fine for those who can't handle it. But what about hunters and people who feed their own families with nothing but hunted game? Have we supposedly come to the point that we are so civilized that hunting is to be frowned upon?? Been doing it for thousands of years and now we look down on it?? I think if more people were to prepare their own foods, you'd see more people taking time and learning about how to do it properly.

The video didn't really change my outlook on life. I've always respected life and will always continue to respect life. For me, I believe that all wildlife should be afforded the same luxury and chance at life as people. I believe God created us to take care of the animals and not abuse them in ways depicted in the video. Regardless of how you may believe, it's my own belief that God will judge people according to the treatment of animals(as we are the stewards of the animal kingdom).

I myself do not look down on hunters or people who get their own meat. Trophy hunters I do look heavily down upon, because I find that sort of behaviour repulsive and pointless. Killing and animal just for it's head or rack is purely childish, it's a perverted one-up-manship sort of thing. And as for people who abuse animals, I've got ZERO use for them.

Ghost
Sat Nov 15th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Any word that these f**kers have been arrested yet?

Or, barring that, perhaps news that their trailer flipped over in a strong wind, caught fire and they all slowly burned to death while firemen roasted marshmallows?

Think
Sun Nov 16th, 2008, 01:31 AM
I didn't want the video because I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight if I did, but I have a good idea of what's on it. Reminds me of when my mom told me about a cat that was beaten by some fucking punks, doused in gasoline, and then lit on fire.

I'm generally pretty non-violent, but if I EVER caught anyone being cruel to an animal to this degree, I wouldn't hesitate to cause as much bodily harm as possible with whatever I could put my hands on.

Vehicle 1
Sun Nov 16th, 2008, 09:17 AM
I say let the little guy claw the shit out of the assholes and then clean the wounds with rubbing alcohol for a few hours.

Dirk
Don't forget the salt!!

:scream1: