PDA

View Full Version : Truck Ramps

BlueDevil
Thu Jun 12th, 2003, 01:02 PM
I need a ramp for my truck so I can put my bike in the bed. Anyone know good sites or places I can look for cheep ramps. Under a 100.00 pref.

So far I have one for 60.00 at harborfreight.com

Any more ideas? Thanks

Anonymous
Thu Jun 12th, 2003, 01:12 PM
Out of curiosity, what length is it, and how much is shipping?

Performance has 6 ft ramps starting at $80 (but that might not be sturdy enough for the R1), so probably closer to $100.

BlueDevil
Thu Jun 12th, 2003, 01:17 PM
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/headsearch.taf?function=Search

Here is the link. Type ramps in the search on the left and they will come up. Not much info on there. I think Rockboy has one from there that he got with is trailer from them. He may know more. They have one for 70.00 that claims up to 1250 lbs.

Anonymous
Thu Jun 12th, 2003, 01:20 PM
48 lbs :shock:

Did you look here: http://www.motorcycleramps.com/

BlueDevil
Thu Jun 12th, 2003, 01:25 PM
I see they got one for 77.00 and one for 91.00. Would 500 lbs be strong enough? Bike is 400 ish with gas and me pushing it up would be more than 500 lbs. I could only imagine it folding up with an R1 on it. Ugggg. That 91.00 #98HDSP looks ok. 750 lbs 12" wide and its 7.5 ft long so the bike wouldnt have to be oushed stright up in the air. mmmmm Thinking it may be a good idea. Lets check shipping. I found 1 a while back that wanted almost the same price as the ramp to ship thae darn thing....lol

Anonymous
Thu Jun 12th, 2003, 01:38 PM
The one I have fits in the bed of my truck with the tailgate closed, but just barely, and the bed is 78" long. From the looks of things, I have the 500 lb-rated one (not sure though, bought it off MileHighGSXR - he used to use it for his Gixxer 1K). If you were to stand on the ramp while the bike is on it, then I might be worried, but the best way to load it is either at the bottom of a hill (then you can probably do it alone), or have somebody help you (and hold the bike part way up the ramp while you jump into the bed to pull it the rest of the way in).

UglyDogRacing
Thu Jun 12th, 2003, 01:40 PM
Colorado Powersports in Castle Rock has 7ft ramps in stock that are more than sturdy enough for around $80. Call Gerard or Chuck at 303-688-0500.

BlueDevil
Thu Jun 12th, 2003, 01:44 PM
Most the time I have to do it alone. When I load it to go to the track I will deffinately be alone so that is a decision maker for me. Ramp angle cant be to steap or Im screwed. :shock:

I have a mini bed (4ft long) so more in likely it will be longer than the bed. Thats fine though. Ill bungie it to make sure it stays put.
SHipping at the site U gave me is 25.00. So 117.00 is the price shipped. It seems like a good buy. If U find one at Performance that is as good or better for less than 117 OTD I say its worth getting it that day.
Maybe Ill run down there this weekend or next Friday......

Hey U able to go to IMI tomorrow? Its been a while.......

Nick_Ninja
Thu Jun 12th, 2003, 02:21 PM
Mark Folsom (past president of the MRA) builds really sweet and LIGHT custom ramps out of INDUSTRIAL STRENGTH CARBON FIBER. These gems are made to order and are really STRONG.

You can call him up and talk to him if you want. You can PM me for the phone number.

BlueDevil
Thu Jun 12th, 2003, 02:22 PM
Sounds great but also sounds very expensive. Im looking under a hundred bucks. Should I bother?

Nick_Ninja
Thu Jun 12th, 2003, 02:26 PM
He will be as competive as anybody else out there (I think they com in under a 'C' note).

panther
Thu Jun 12th, 2003, 02:28 PM
I need a ramp for my truck so I can put my bike in the bed. Anyone know good sites or places I can look for cheep ramps. Under a 100.00 pref.

Any more ideas? Thanks

Thats a good ramp, i was looking for one as well :D

Anonymous
Thu Jun 12th, 2003, 03:28 PM
BlueDevil, did you see this post?:

Colorado Powersports in Castle Rock has 7ft ramps in stock that are more than sturdy enough for around $80. Call Gerard or Chuck at 303-688-0500.A 7 ft ramp would be easier to load when you're alone (less steep of an angle).

I was thinking about maybe going to SCR tomorrow, around 2 or 3PM, but I don't know if the weather will cooperate. IMI's not much further away, but the truth of the matter is, I'm on call this week, and I've got a tonne of stuff to get done before Monday (when I leave for the week on business, immediately followed by 3 1/2 weeks of vacation :D ).

BlueDevil
Thu Jun 12th, 2003, 04:23 PM
Im hittin IMI with 4 others at 1 pm. Wanted to go to SCR but its rented and I dont have 75.00 this week :(

Anonymous
Thu Jun 12th, 2003, 04:29 PM
Im hittin IMI with 4 others at 1 pm. Wanted to go to SCR but its rented and I dont have 75.00 this week :(I made a proposition to the guy that organized it for a reduced rate for people arriving in the afternoon. I think he agreed to $40 if you arrive after 2, less if you show up much later. They have the track until 5PM.

rocktboy
Fri Jun 13th, 2003, 09:35 AM
this is the one i got from harborfreight: http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=44649
they are periodically on sale for $39, for the pair, and that's how much i paid (yup i am a cheap-ass) :oops:

2 of those works perfect because you need to stand on one while loading your bike on the other one so you are level with the bike so you can do this alone.
you CANNOT just buy 1 ramp and expect to load/unload a bike by yourself!!!

those folding ramps that are as wide as most truck beds works excellent, especially when you have to load/unload bikes by yourself. but all of those are at least $150+....

BlueDevil
Fri Jun 13th, 2003, 10:00 AM
They hold the weight ok? I know U use yours at a low height for your trailer. They ok for a truck U think? 39.00 for both is a sweet price.

BlueDevil
Fri Jun 27th, 2003, 09:56 AM
**********DEAL***************
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=44649

34.99 on sale this week. In stock!!!!!!! FOR THE PAIR!!!!!!!

Reg 59.99 Gettin mine today. Jus thought Id pass it along.

Located on 225 and Alameda
13668 E. Alameda
Aurora 80012