PDA

View Full Version : Repairing Cracks

knatetheblade
Thu Jun 12th, 2003, 02:23 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm Nate and I'm new to csc. Just have a question about repairing cracks on fairings. Is there anything you guys can recommend?

Thanks in advance.
See you out on the road,
Nate

panther
Thu Jun 12th, 2003, 02:24 PM
You need to repair the crack on your head first :321:

Anonymous
Thu Jun 12th, 2003, 02:34 PM
They can be plastic-welded back together. From personal experience I recommend contacting Ytry2 on here if you don't want to do it yourself, he did mine and you can't tell they were ever split.

Boy Scout
Fri Jun 13th, 2003, 07:12 AM
Hey Nate,

Welcome aboard! You might also contact hcr25. I'm talking to him about the same thing.

Nice name by the way!

Nate

surfinspacegirl
Fri Jun 13th, 2003, 08:15 AM
They can be plastic-welded back together. From personal experience I recommend contacting Ytry2 on here if you don't want to do it yourself, he did mine and you can't tell they were ever split.

Ralph, what tdo you use to do this? I have some deer damage I need to fix :roll:

Anonymous
Fri Jun 13th, 2003, 08:18 AM

Ralph, what tdo you use to do this? I have some deer damage I need to fix :roll:

I didn't; I broke my fairing in two, gave it to TC (ytry2), and magically got it back like new. :D

surfinspacegirl
Fri Jun 13th, 2003, 08:31 AM
I didn't; I broke my fairing in two, gave it to TC (ytry2), and magically got it back like new. :D

Hey TC, can I add to your racing fund :D :lol:

Ytry2
Fri Jun 13th, 2003, 03:44 PM

Hey TC, can I add to your racing fund :D :lol:
always need race fund money ;)
seeing as though i am sitting at home this weekend and not racing ;(

Polumbian
Fri Jun 13th, 2003, 10:22 PM
TC. Do you remember the crack in my fairing? I know I was talking about getting a new one, but is mine fixable?

brandon
Fri Jun 20th, 2003, 12:41 AM

I guess I need to learn from someone. I plastic welded my tail back together but it looks like crap... they are good, solid welds though.

Jix6
Fri Jun 20th, 2003, 03:57 AM
hey welcome knate :cheers: fill in your location so we know where you are, makes riding with someone we know easier (and i'll be riding VERY soon!, well as soon as i sober up :fire: <---corona farts)

Ytry2
Fri Jun 20th, 2003, 08:25 AM

I guess I need to learn from someone. I plastic welded my tail back together but it looks like crap... they are good, solid welds though.

If the weld is solid, then you did it right. Look's are all about how you finish it ;)