PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki OUT of AMA in 2009 (?)

JustSomeDude
Wed Nov 26th, 2008, 12:16 PM
Paying Mladin NOT to ride? WOW!

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2008/Nov/081125melharris.htm

:shocked: That's a big middle finger to DMG... that's what THAT is! And I say GOOD FOR YOU Suzuki... Let 'em have it!!

Captain Obvious
Wed Nov 26th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Long way to go before the season.

It will be interesting to see what happens, but I can't say I blame Suzuki for the stance.

dirkterrell
Wed Nov 26th, 2008, 01:18 PM
That was an interesting point he made about their not being in the entertainment business but using racing as a way to develop new technology for their production bikes, unlike NASCAR. I suspect they'll get things shaken out in time to race though.

Dirk

SamuraiX
Wed Nov 26th, 2008, 02:11 PM
I found it entertaining to watch Suzuki and Yoshimura stomp the living shit out of everyone... :dunno:

chad23
Wed Nov 26th, 2008, 02:59 PM
"September and October were bad (for motorcycle sales)," Harris said.
It that the trend every year. To be honest I would "like" to see AMA race this year, but could care less with matogp and wsbk and all the greatness they have coming for next year. The only folks I really feel for are the privateers

Jim_Vess
Wed Nov 26th, 2008, 03:20 PM
I think it's just a negotiating tactic by Suzuki to get some rules changed.

There are future sales at stake. It's always been "win on Sunday, sell on Monday."

Ninja Nate
Wed Nov 26th, 2008, 03:32 PM
There are future sales at stake. It's always been "win on Sunday, sell on Monday."

As good as that sounds, next time roll by the kickstand crew and ask them if they know of Ben Spies, Matt Mladin, Eric Bostrom, Jamie Hacking, Hayden brothers, etc...

chad23
Wed Nov 26th, 2008, 08:00 PM
As good as that sounds, next time roll by the kickstand crew and ask them if they know of Ben Spies, Matt Mladin, Eric Bostrom, Jamie Hacking, Hayden brothers, etc...
I agree 100%, they probably buy their bike cause they look cool.

longrider
Wed Nov 26th, 2008, 08:40 PM
"September and October were bad (for motorcycle sales)," Harris said.
It that the trend every year.

Saying September and October were bad is making comparisons to previous years. This month to last month comparisons are meaningless in this industry. I can tell you that September and October were not good times for the industry, I will see what public numbers I can find to share them with you.

Jim_Vess
Wed Nov 26th, 2008, 10:02 PM

Don't you mean Kenny Roberts, Freddie Spencer, Kevin Schwantz, Wayne Rainey, Eddie Lawson, and Keith Code? Oh shit, I'm showing my age again. :oops:

Unfortunately, I think your statement is probably more true now than it was 25 years ago. It's sad that racing doesn't have the influence it did then. I blame NASCAR.

As a rule, I avoid talking to posers that are more worried about how they look than how well they ride. :roll:

Ninja Nate
Wed Nov 26th, 2008, 10:15 PM
I agree 100%, they probably buy their bike cause they look cool.

And because they "heard" from their buddy that the newest GSZXRR-1 is the fastest, baddest bike on the market and NOTHING is faster than it...

I love how uneducated people think Ducati's are the fastest bikes money can buy. Silly fuggers :drink:

Ninja Nate
Wed Nov 26th, 2008, 10:20 PM
Don't you mean Kenny Roberts, Freddie Spencer, Kevin Schwantz, Wayne Rainey, Eddie Lawson, and Keith Code? Oh shit, I'm showing my age again. :oops:

Unfortunately, I think your statement is probably more true now than it was 25 years ago. It's sad that racing doesn't have the influence it did then. I blame NASCAR.

As a rule, I avoid talking to posers that are more worried about how they look than how well they ride. :roll:

Yes, I do believe that 25 years ago what won on Sunday sold on Monday... Though I wasn't quite old enough to know (as I am 26). I truly think that NASCAR isn't racing, its a show. Entertainment, thats all. What benefit do the car manufacturers see as a result of NASCAR? In our motorcycle world, each model usually gets a complete redesign every two years with leaps and bounds in technology/refinement. What car/truck can do that even every 4 years???

I'll stick to watching real racing next season instead of a circus fuck

Jim_Vess
Wed Nov 26th, 2008, 10:23 PM
I'll stick to watching real racing next season instead of a circus fuck

Amen, brother!

NASCAR bores the shit out of me. Two wheels is where it's at.

TMP
Thu Nov 27th, 2008, 05:01 AM
Amen, brother!

NASCAR bores the shit out of me. Two wheels is where it's at.

They're making a left turn,
and another,
and another,
and another,
and another.
etc.

F'ing boring.

chad23
Thu Nov 27th, 2008, 05:51 AM
And because they "heard" from their buddy that the newest GSZXRR-1 is the fastest, baddest bike on the market and NOTHING is faster than it...

I love how uneducated people think Ducati's are the fastest bikes money can buy. Silly fuggers :drink:
Are you say that Ducati is not the fastest.....there's a law against such slanderous comments like that.
Also I just ordered my new flat black R1-11-111-1111 (M1 replica) bike yesterday, cause Rossi rides one!! I am cooler than you for today

Captain Obvious
Thu Nov 27th, 2008, 08:31 AM
and Keith Code? Oh shit, I'm showing my age again. :oops:

You mean the Scientologist?

And yes you are. But those guys are the hard core fukkers. Even the author.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Nov 27th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Just when I thought DMG had pulled their head out of their ass.....

Looks like I'll have more time to ride now that I won't be watching AMA racing.....