PDA

View Full Version : Close Call

SLVRSURFR
Wed Nov 26th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Just got off from work 2day at around 4:45pm, and headed home on the rocket... All the sudden, 2 medium sized Black labs dart out into the street in front of me. I didn't have time to think, but only react..

I missed the first one, and clipped the 2nd... Which let out a rather large "Yelp." I skid sideways, and did a quasi-type stoppie, coming to a complete halt in the middle of a busy street.

I don't know how i maneuvered enough to keep the bike from laying down, and/or me getting totally wiped out.. Only thing that happened was my right-side blinker got knocked outta socket, and my foot kinda hurt for 10 minutes after the dog's cranium met my Chuck Taylor, and the footpeg..

Wow! Could've been alot worse...:shocked:

64BonnieLass
Wed Nov 26th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Well thank god the dogs are okay.

Glad you came out okay too. :)

SumoWeezle
Wed Nov 26th, 2008, 07:16 PM

x2. :D

mtnairlover
Wed Nov 26th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Wow...coulda been a really bad end of the day and beginning of t-day celebrations for everyone concerned. Glad you were able to maintain control...and those dogs are pretty darn lucky, too.

wankel7
Wed Nov 26th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Just got off from work 2day at around 4:45pm, and headed home on the rocket... All the sudden, 2 medium sized Black labs dart out into the street in front of me. I didn't have time to think, but only react..

I missed the first one, and clipped the 2nd... Which let out a rather large "Yelp." I skid sideways, and did a quasi-type stoppie, coming to a complete halt in the middle of a busy street.

I don't know how i maneuvered enough to keep the bike from laying down, and/or me getting totally wiped out.. Only thing that happened was my right-side blinker got knocked outta socket, and my foot kinda hurt for 10 minutes after the dog's cranium met my Chuck Taylor, and the footpeg..

Wow! Could've been alot worse...:shocked:

Man that was close! But Chuck Taylors for riding shoes? Man good thing you kept her upright :)

SLVRSURFR
Thu Nov 27th, 2008, 08:55 AM

Thank ya:)The dog that almost got smoked, limped its way off the street before i pulled off.. Meanwhile, I'm wondering what it looked like for the people in their SUV's and cars that witnessed it traveling in both directions.. Everybody stopped.

SLVRSURFR
Thu Nov 27th, 2008, 08:59 AM
Man that was close! But Chuck Taylors for riding shoes? Man good thing you kept her upright :)

Chucks for riding shoes... Yeah! I know that they provide no insulation, no ankle support, and definitely bad if you plan on playing B-Ball ( How'd they do it back in the day???)... They're only good for lookin' "Cool" LOL!

DevilsTonic
Thu Nov 27th, 2008, 09:12 AM
good thing you kept it up, and you were wearing chucks...riding boots may have caused more damage to the pup. :)

Glad you and the mutts survived.

rforsythe
Thu Nov 27th, 2008, 09:35 AM
On a dual sport, dogs are just jumps that move. :D

J/k, glad everyone came out relatively unscathed.

SLVRSURFR
Thu Nov 27th, 2008, 10:35 AM
On a dual sport, dogs are just jumps that move. :D

J/k, glad everyone came out relatively unscathed.

:pointlaugh:

SLVRSURFR
Thu Nov 27th, 2008, 10:39 AM
good thing you kept it up, and you were wearing chucks...riding boots may have caused more damage to the pup. :)

Glad you and the mutts survived.

Yeah, Its eye might've been hangin' out it i owned a pair!!