PDA

View Full Version : Good Luck Bash!

Mental
Sun Nov 30th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Thoughts and prayers buddy.

Nick_Ninja
Sun Nov 30th, 2008, 08:52 PM
+1 Yep! You will do fine. Take ALL your drugs when they tell you to.

Bueller
Sun Nov 30th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Good luck, see you out there soon!

OldKneeDragger
Sun Nov 30th, 2008, 08:58 PM
I know you worked out the details with the doctors... and I especially appreciate your "measure twice and cut once" philosophy. Give the nurses hell and get get well soon. We all are pulling for you!

mtnairlover
Sun Nov 30th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Warmest best wishes from way up North, eh. :) We'll be thinking of ya. See ya out there next summer.

COS Mille
Sun Nov 30th, 2008, 10:12 PM
Keep us posted as to how things go, get well soon, bet you get male nurses, LoL.

Nick_Ninja
Sun Nov 30th, 2008, 11:05 PM
Keep us posted as to how things go, get well soon, bet you get male nurses, LoL.

http://logo.cafepress.com/nocache/4/2118734.jpg

Bashed
Mon Dec 1st, 2008, 05:17 AM
It is 5:15 on monday morning.
Just leaving for the hospital now.
Thanks everybody!
See you'all on the other side.
Peace Bash

Devaclis
Mon Dec 1st, 2008, 06:54 AM
Good luck Mikey!!! You will be in good hands. Let's just hope they are not large, rough, manly hands :)

Sully
Mon Dec 1st, 2008, 07:16 AM
Best of luck, Bash ! :)

Tipys
Mon Dec 1st, 2008, 07:27 AM
Good luck.

dallas
Mon Dec 1st, 2008, 07:45 AM
Only Bash would make this big of a deal going to the gynocologist!!!!!!

Good luck buddy!!!! Break a hip!!!! (Oops, too late!!)

Let's see what happens first, you recovering enough to ride or my bike becoming street legal................

636chick
Mon Dec 1st, 2008, 08:07 AM
Good Morning guy's!!!!

Mikey wanted me tell you guy's again thanxs for the good thoughts and well wish's.

Just took him into surgery and we got about a 3 hour's wait from surgery to recovery. :wait:
Thank God Dana hooked me up with the bomb laptop to play!!!!! Hug's to ya Dana!!!!

And yes his nurses in the OR are Jose and Jim!!!!!!!!

But what does he care he is having cocktails on Uranus right now.

I will report back after Dr Ed comes on out and let's me know all is well.

I won't be able to see him till they get ready to move him into his room, but I will keep ya'll up to date as I know

rybo
Mon Dec 1st, 2008, 08:22 AM
And yes his nurses in the OR are Jose and Jim!!!!!!!!

But what does he care he is having cocktails on Uranus right now.

I might have chosen the words "beer" and "jupiter" instead :shocked:

Good luck Mike! Heal quickly!

(btw, I'm betting on Mike being street legal again before Dallas's bike)

636chick
Mon Dec 1st, 2008, 08:48 AM
I might have chosen the words "beer" and "jupiter" instead :shocked:

Good luck Mike! Heal quickly!

(btw, I'm betting on Mike being street legal again before Dallas's bike)

I wondered who would catch that!!!!!!!!!

Seeing as how I am bored outta my skull I say we have a raffle (and all proceeds go to ME for my mental health recovery after 6 weeks of Mikey trapped in my house please pray for me and donate generoulsy)

How many staples will Mikey have this time.
History of the staples
34 last time with the reconstruction and Dr Ed say's he will be cutting on the same scar but will have to go larger and longer for total hip replacement.

I say 37

NEXT

Oh and I will post pictures of it to prove it!!!!!!!!!!

64BonnieLass
Mon Dec 1st, 2008, 08:59 AM
Awww Mikey, I hope all goes well today. I know you are too stubborn to actually spend a full 6 weeks in the house for recovery though. Heal quickly sweetie.

Chrissy my love...hang in there. Call me if you want help keeping him in check later.

Love you both.

Sortarican
Mon Dec 1st, 2008, 09:29 AM
A new hip?!?!?!
Great, now he's gonna think he's too hip for the room.

Good luck on the surgery Mr. Bashed.
(And you too Krissy on surviving the weeks of convalescence.)

MORSE
Mon Dec 1st, 2008, 09:32 AM
Bash, my best wishes are with you. tell them to save the extra parts they take out. We will make some kind of sculpture out of them. Offerings to the Gods of Speed. (yes stolen from the movie)

Krissy, what hospital are you at? Call me if you want 719-310-5741

Scotty

lovinCO
Mon Dec 1st, 2008, 09:45 AM
Good luck! You're gonna rock the new bionic parts. :)

MORSE
Mon Dec 1st, 2008, 09:49 AM
This procedure is going to bring him one step closer to being the cyborg that he wants to be. Steve Austin (six million dollar man) was his role model as a child after all. Or was it Evel Knievel... Well either way.

636chick
Mon Dec 1st, 2008, 09:49 AM
Ok guy's first check in Dr. Ed just came out and Mikey did awesome easy surgery and new hip is in. Just taking him to recovery and should be another hour or so. The bionic transformation has begun.

You know a bionic ass in a stipper is a good thing in a middle age motorcycle rider is not so good :shocked:.

I so forgot to ask Dr about the screws and plates, cause if they got in the way with the new hip he would just take them out (cause the new socket is completely grown back) and Mikey can keep that, but Dr say's no to keeping the bone that was removed (oh and Mikey asked) something about the OSHA and taking out dead tissue out of the hospital PFFFFFTTTTTT!!!!

pilot
Mon Dec 1st, 2008, 10:00 AM
You should see if your recovery insurance covers convalescence in Tahiti!

OldKneeDragger
Mon Dec 1st, 2008, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the update Krissy...

What hospital is he in?

Keep us informed as to how he does this afternoon / evening... I know he will be in and out with the drugs and pain but they will be trying to get him active as quickly as possible.

Devaclis
Mon Dec 1st, 2008, 12:49 PM
Does he need someone to ride his bikes while he recovers?

y_merkle
Mon Dec 1st, 2008, 01:12 PM
Congrats on the new hardware Bash! Brian and I wish you a speedy recovery. GO GO GADGET HIP!

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000EF5N4Y.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

zetaetatheta
Mon Dec 1st, 2008, 01:36 PM
Mike, if there is anything you need that I can help with--just shout. Heal fast my friend.

636chick
Mon Dec 1st, 2008, 02:47 PM
Update #2

Mikey is doing great he slept a little when they got him up to the room, other than that he looks really good. So much better than when he had the reconstruction 3 years ago. I think he is just relived that it is done and he can get on with it. Soon no more pain. When I left for a little break I had ordered him something to eat and he was reading a Nationl Geographic thing and planning the next big ride.

They aren't sure if they will be getting him up and moving around today but for sure by tomorrow. I left him my laptop but didn't set it up for him yet. I'll get him all cyberspaced in this evening when I go back. So I am sure you will be hearing from him soon.

I did leave him a bag of gummy bears and said I would share them with him........................but left them across the room..........yea like he can get up and get them!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA don't want to spoil him to much :)

Sully
Mon Dec 1st, 2008, 02:55 PM
Glad to hear he's doing well thus far ! Give him my best !

Mental
Mon Dec 1st, 2008, 03:29 PM
Good show Mikey! Thanks for the updates Chrissy.

Sortarican
Mon Dec 1st, 2008, 03:41 PM
This procedure is going to bring him one step closer to being the cyborg that he wants to be. Steve Austin (six million dollar man)....

LOL,

Dave
Mon Dec 1st, 2008, 04:48 PM
:idea:
If the docs were to provide me with 2 hip replacements, could they make me 6’ tall so that I could sit on a Kawi KLR650 with feet flat on the ground?

I’m glad to learn he’s planning the next big ride- when and where?
Get well soon Mike!!!

Toner
Mon Dec 1st, 2008, 06:09 PM
Good luck on a smooth recovery Bash!

636chick
Mon Dec 1st, 2008, 07:02 PM
LOL,

Oh my god Jeffy that is the funniest thing EVARRRRRR!!!!!! :lol::spit:

Bash will be laughing his staples out when he see's that. That is so my new desktop

entities
Mon Dec 1st, 2008, 07:09 PM
Bash, wish you a speedy recovery!

-Chad

FZRguy
Mon Dec 1st, 2008, 10:12 PM
Hiphiphooray…sorry. Hope your rehab is a breeze.

Spiderman
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 01:27 PM
Glad surgery went well! Here's to a speedy recovery! :cheers:

gsxrscott
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 02:11 PM
Just went to see Mikey and he is looking pretty good considering. He is sleeping alot but that is to be expected. Hell he doesnt even have cable, that would drive me crazy, so he is better than I would be. Thanks to all for the good wishes.

Devaclis
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 02:22 PM
He'll be sliding across the hood again in no time!!

http://photos.napalm.net/clubsi/generalvan.jpg

Drift
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 07:05 PM
Let's see what happens first, you recovering enough to ride or my bike becoming street legal...

I think I'll put my money on Bash...

Let us know if you need anything during your recovery/down-time.

Get well soon...riding season never ends :hump:

Ciao,
Drift

636chick
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 08:05 PM
Mikey say's hi to all.

Kinda had a bad day today, lot's of pain but they adjusted his pain meds and it is seeming to help a little tonight and hopefully he will be able to get a better night sleep then last night. Looking more like Thurs for his homecoming, He had a couple of setbacks today but hopefully tomorrow they will be able to get him up and moving a little.

Thanks again for all the good wish's and funny as hell pic's, I'm sure when Mikey returns to planet earth he will get a good laugh and a warm fuzzy at them all.

Once again you all prove that your more than a bike forum you are all great friends. :)

COS Mille
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 08:59 PM
Glad to hear all is going well with the bionic Bash transformation, but will he really be faster?????? And what really happened to the Gummi Bears??????

Hi11Zone
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 06:04 AM
Wishing a quick recovey for ya mike! Hang in there

636chick
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 06:51 AM
Glad to hear all is going well with the bionic Bash transformation, but will he really be faster?????? And what really happened to the Gummi Bears??????

With his sad puppy dog eyes:puppy:......................................I gave them up!!!

But all the nurse's are eyeballin all the yummy goodies Scotty Morse left for him.

GSXRJOHNNY
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 07:06 AM
Hey Bash! Get well soon bud. Get moving around as soon as they say you should, it is painful, but keeps the parts from freezing up on ya. Thanks Krissy for all the updates. If he gets to be too much trouble for you at home, just let us know. We'll toss him in the pickup bed for a ride around the block or something....or just readjust his meds yourself...:crazy:

RF900guy
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 09:22 AM
I can handle a six million dollar Mikey but not a Robomikey (Robocop reference).

Sorry I do not have a picture but I am sure there is one out there.

You have all winter to heal up.

Sortarican
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 09:29 AM
I can handle a six million dollar Mikey but not a Robomikey (Robocop reference).
Sorry I do not have a picture but I am sure there is one out there.

Yeah but he's on an HMO so they'd probably low-ball his robocop rig:
http://mechanicrobotic.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/bekindrewind9.jpg

$pOiLeD_rOoKiE
Thu Dec 4th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Heal up quick Mike!! If you need anything give me a buzz. Hope that you get out of that damn hospital bed soon.

636chick
Thu Dec 4th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Sorry guy's it has been a few day's since my last update.

Mikey has had a hard couple of day's, hopefully they are on the right track to get him up and out of the hospital soon.

Come to find out Mikey has had some pretty excessive bleeding going on and due to that his red blood count has been steadily dropping, eventually hitting pretty dangerous levels. They believe that a vein might have been nicked during the surgery and for some reason wasn't clotting, therefor a pool of blood has formed in his leg. That is causing significant swelling and pressure and lot's and lot's of pain, dizziness and weakness. The bleeding in his leg has slowed and or stop at this point and they are working to get his red blood count up. But another surgery is in order to basically get the pooled blood out of his leg to prevent infection, so he can get back to healing. That will happen tomorrow and hopefully Sunday or Monday we will be able to get him home again.

He was in pretty good spirits tonight and the most alert and saucy I have seen him for a few day's. Some color is coming back in his face, their for a few day's it looked like he was auditioning for the role of Casper the ghost.

He is handling all this way better than I am and seems to be more worried about how I am holding up then how he is holding up. Gosh he is cute when he is drugged LOL.

He Say's hi to all and again thanxs everyone for thinking of him.

Hopefully after surgery tomorrow I will have a much better report for you all.

OldKneeDragger
Thu Dec 4th, 2008, 09:01 PM
We all are pulling for him... and as I keep saying... anything either of you need, just whistle.

COS Mille
Thu Dec 4th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Damn, Thanks for the update, glad it's settled down. You know to call if you need anything. VW

636chick
Thu Dec 4th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Damn, Thanks for the update, glad it's settled down. You know to call if you need anything. VW

Thanxs as always you tell that beautiful wife of yours thank you sooo much for talking to me last night and letting me just explode on the phone. I was truly at a low level and pretty damn scared to say the least. Let her know that letting me vent out to her was so what I needed. Thank you again V you don't know how much you helped just by listening.

Nick_Ninja
Thu Dec 4th, 2008, 09:39 PM
Thoughts are with the Bashmeister.

Sortarican
Fri Dec 5th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Sorry to hear there were complications to the surgery but glad it looks like they caught it and can resolve the problem.

If they need blood or anything let us know.
(Can't use mine, not human. But I can collect some from other people.):bat:

636chick
Sat Dec 6th, 2008, 01:05 AM
I guess it is Good morning guy's :)

Mikey update hopefully this will be the last one I will do and Mikey can take over from here.

Had his second surgery tonight and the Dr removed about a liter's worth of a blood clot from the backside of his leg. Everything else in their looked real good they flushed out and found no leaking veins ect. that is very good. We also decided that a blood transfusion was the best route to take to get him on the road to recovery, his blood levels were just not coming up. That way his body wouldn't be doing double work trying to heal itself and regenerating red blood cells. It will get Mikey feeling much better much quicker. 3 Units in total.
Unfortunately this evening when they brought him back up to the room I had to see my hubby in more pain and agony than I have ever witnessed before I thought when his hip was dislocated I would never have to see him in that kind of pain ever again. I was wrong what I witnessed this evening was horrible for him. But he is a strong guy body and mind and was doing his best to get through it. As his wife all I could do was try and comfort him and let him know that it will pass and get better, the feeling of helplessness was completely and totally overwhelming.
Tomorrow is going to be a little tough pain wise for him, but Dr promised me and him that by Sunday he will be hauling ass around the Ortho floor and most likely PT will throw him out because he will be terrorizing them and keeping them hopping.
So they will get to know the real Mikey that we all know and love.

So barring any unforeseen complications (and personally I or Mike can't take anymore) he will be home on Sunday evening.

Then the fun really begins for me.

Mental
Sat Dec 6th, 2008, 01:57 AM
Typical Honda...leaking.

Chrissy thanks for the updates, we're thinking of you and praying for you as well. Stay strong sister.

dirkterrell
Sat Dec 6th, 2008, 08:42 AM
Here's hoping he's past the worst of it. Many years ago when I had to have my shoulder rebuilt after a nasty dislocation in a football game, the guy in the room next to mine had dislocated his hip. I thought I was in pain until I saw him.

Hang in there Krissy. Don't shoulder it all yourself.

Dirk

GSXRJOHNNY
Sat Dec 6th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Hip pain is the best pain (really the worst pain) you can have. After the surgery on my neck where they took bone from my hip, I thought the hip hurt far more than the neck. I think you'll find the next few weeks a real adventure. You will remember this time as the creative sleeping challenge!!! Glad you are past the worst of it, now just get better soon, ok? And if you need someone to exercise the bikes or need anything give me a call....

RF900guy
Sat Dec 6th, 2008, 09:38 PM
We support our own. Let the group know if you need anything. We are w ealth of knowledge and tools.

I have a inflatable seat pad (from my time when the ex was in the hospital) if you need it.

636chick
Sun Dec 7th, 2008, 09:38 AM
As always thanxs so much guy's.

We are pretty sure that Mikey will be coming home today sometime!!!!!!

Scott and I saw him last night and boy what a difference a day makes!!!!!!
Still having some pain but nothing like the past 3 day's. Between the blood transfusion and the surgery to remove the clot he is back to where he should have been early last week (insert big sigh of relieve here). Color is back somewhat and he was alert and saucey that's for sure. I did warn the nurses that when he was feeling better they would be hoping for the sick Mikey to come back. They:understand that warning now LOL. Was getting around pretty well the only thing holding him back is his O2 tube not being long enough for him to make it off the floor and down the elevator to the car. Him and Scott were trying to plan his escape route.

I am sure real soon he will be on to express his thanks to you all!!!! :)

R1chie
Sun Dec 7th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Hi Chrissy, I don't know what happened, if Mike was injured of if this was a continuing problem from his moab trip but my thoughts and prayers go out to Mike. If you need anything let me know. I have not been on the board that much and been out of touch for a while. Sorry you both are having to go through this. Tell him to get well soon.

GregsGSXR
Sun Dec 7th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Get well soon Bash! Hope you have a speedy recovery!

636chick
Sun Dec 7th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Hi Chrissy, I don't know what happened, if Mike was injured of if this was a continuing problem from his moab trip but my thoughts and prayers go out to Mike. If you need anything let me know. I have not been on the board that much and been out of touch for a while. Sorry you both are having to go through this. Tell him to get well soon.

Hey Rich this is actually a continuation of the Moab Dislocation incident, 3 years ago. The plates and screws to piece back together the socket and pelvis are actually doing awesome. The problem is/was the trauma that the ball of his hip suffered eventually that led to the onset of Arthritis and the cartilage basically disintegrating so it ended up bone on bone, resulting in a total hip replacement. Mikey has been in considerable pain from that for 6 months or so but a surgery of this nature was out of the question during riding season (of course). We always knew this was coming but thought he could get a few more years till this was nec. but with Mikey's lifestyle it accelerated a bit.

Mr B is home now and darned happy about that. Still got some pretty good pain going on but doing real good the Dr say's he is back on sched. with the healing process.

Mental
Mon Dec 8th, 2008, 12:01 AM
The Bash looks a far sight better than I would after enduring that surgery. I imagine a great deal of it had to do with him being back home.

Clovis
Mon Dec 8th, 2008, 01:25 AM
Wow, I haven't really been on the boards very much lately and I totally missed this thread. Is there an original thread with what happened? Accident or is it just Mikey's old age catching up with him? ;)

The Bashes are two of my favorite and unpredicable people whom I've had the real pleasure of meeting with and riding along with. Shannon and I truly with you both a speedy and full recovery and if there is anything I can do to help (pick up groceries, run errands, ect) I'll try my best to work those in.

Kind of sucks, I'm going back to work today... I have to wake up at 6am, but my dog decided I had to wake up at 1am to let him out instead. After 2+ months off and just collecting benifits, it's back to the real thing, ugh and I'm not exactly looking forward to it =/

But if I can help in anyway, please call, my number is below.

billsmith7
Mon Dec 8th, 2008, 01:32 AM
Glad to hear the Bashman is doing well...hollar if you guys need anything!

R1chie
Mon Dec 8th, 2008, 08:37 AM
Hey Rich this is actually a continuation of the Moab Dislocation incident, 3 years ago. Mr B is home now and darned happy about that. Still got some pretty good pain going on but doing real good the Dr say's he is back on sched. with the healing process.

Glad to hear he is doing well. Hopefully no more hospitals for a while. Glad to hear he started clotting up and preventing th internal bleeding.

zetaetatheta
Mon Dec 8th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Glad everything is okay. If you need anything just shout. Chrissy, look at the bright side, at least Mike didn't have it done in Trinidad, they may have taken more "bone" than they did.:shocked:

Bashed
Mon Dec 8th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Hey people, the Bash is back amongst the social outcasts.
I know some would have prefered a more lengthty downturn but
me being me it was not to be so.I think I pissed the doc off when by blood
count was down in the 5,s and I woundn't die. Suckas!
They really did not have a clue whom they were dealing with.
So I'm back, gonna be slow for a month or so but the end results wil be my reward. Thanks for everybodies well wishes.
Peace Bash

TFOGGuys
Mon Dec 8th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Congrats on the successful repair! And here's to a quick and complete recovery! :cheers:

Sortarican
Mon Dec 8th, 2008, 12:02 PM
So I'm back, gonna be slow for a month or so but the end results wil be my reward. Thanks for everybodies well wishes.
Peace Bash

I kept waiting to hear that they transferred you to the psych ward.:crazy:

Heal quickly, do all your PT, and don't forget to tell them you're still in pain even after it stops hurting.
Then you can stockpile some good meds for the next time Krissy gets rough with you.

dallas
Mon Dec 8th, 2008, 12:44 PM
So I'm back, gonna be slow for a month or so

When were you ever fast?

TFOGGuys
Mon Dec 8th, 2008, 01:40 PM
When were you ever fast?

....and so begins the trash talking..... :lol:

Mental
Mon Dec 8th, 2008, 01:48 PM
....and so begins the trash talking..... :lol:
Oh it began long long ago....

Devaclis
Mon Dec 8th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Old people rock! congrats on being back home Bash :) Heal up fast, there is a 600cc walker with you name on it :)

COS Mille
Mon Dec 8th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Glad you're out and back on the road.......to recovery. Let us know if you need anything. About how long till you can escape the confines of the abode?

636chick
Mon Dec 8th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Glad you're out and back on the road.......to recovery. Let us know if you need anything. About how long till you can escape the confines of the abode?

As his wife I say forever cause I am so not wanting to ever go through this again!!!! But his Dr doesn't agree I was even willing to pay him extra.

SOOOOOOOOOO

I am usually pretty protective of him till his staples come out about 2 weeks. Then another 4 weeks on crutch's but he can put all the weight he wants on it so 6 weeks altogether. :)

$pOiLeD_rOoKiE
Mon Dec 8th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Glad to hear you are at the house. Now you actually focus on healing...hope it goes according to plans and let me know if you need ANYTHING!!

Sean
Mon Dec 8th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Good luck with the recovery Bash!

COS Mille
Tue Dec 9th, 2008, 08:06 PM
"As his wife I say........." Figures, spoil sport! We'll see what you say in a couple of weeks.........LMAO......V says I'm not being nice! Still LMAO.
Seriously, we're really glad things are better.
VW

y_merkle
Wed Dec 10th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Glad you are back home Bash. Since you can't ride want to play toy motorcycles with me? Dibs on the 1098! http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/33/l_227503e1aef04902beddbbfeae8374bc.jpg (http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=87881745&albumID=64115&imageID=39203748#a=64115&i=12567416)