PDA

View Full Version : Cheap bent rim repair?

entities
Mon Dec 1st, 2008, 07:12 PM
Anyone know a cheap place in the Springs that can do rim repair? Tire is on it and still hold air, but has a pretty good size dent.

-Chad

Brat
Mon Dec 1st, 2008, 08:26 PM
bike or car. theres a place i took my alluminum rim off my subaru. its off colorado by that wierd intersection going to 8th st. they did a good job on it.

peteremsley
Mon Dec 1st, 2008, 08:29 PM
Neither particularly cheap, nor close to you, but Woodys Wheel Works took care of my bent rim - pretty good ding, and they got it straight without harm to the paint. They are just off Santa Fe and Union I think. Littleton?

rybo
Mon Dec 1st, 2008, 08:44 PM
Neither particularly cheap, nor close to you, but Woodys Wheel Works took care of my bent rim - pretty good ding, and they got it straight without harm to the paint. They are just off Santa Fe and Union I think. Littleton?

+1 the only place to get wheels fixed in Colorado

http://www.woodyswheelworks.com/

Mental
Mon Dec 1st, 2008, 09:37 PM

+2, they give CSC and MRA discounts.
http://www.woodyswheelworks.com/

Mista Black
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 12:50 AM
+3 for woody's... they are the ONLY place i'll ever take a wheel. i even know of people on the east coast that send wheels to woody's. they are the best.

Tipys
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 07:33 AM
Anyone know a cheap place in the Springs that can do rim repair? Tire is on it and still hold air, but has a pretty good size dent.

-Chad

I have seen what woody's does and they do good work. But if your looking for cheap and in the springs. Its C and P Hubcap and Wheel off of Colorado.

rforsythe
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 07:49 AM
Also a plug for Woody's. Pretty much renowned nationwide for what they do. It isn't *that* far from the Springs.

gsxrscott
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 08:25 AM
I had my front wheel fixed by Woodys, It was bent out of round both ways and they repaired it with no damage to the paint. The quote was $155 but after CSC discount it was $130. On the other hand Tipsy had his fixed by C&P for $40 and it looks like they took a sledge hammer to it, but it was cheap and local.:shocked:

entities
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the info guys, not sure if I want to pay Woody prices as it's just a spare rim... Don't really know if it's even worth getting fixed. It's off a 2001 Honda F4i.

Thanks,
-Chad

rybo
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the info guys, not sure if I want to pay Woody prices as it's just a spare rim... Don't really know if it's even worth getting fixed. It's off a 2001 Honda F4i.

Thanks,
-Chad

My take is that it's a wheel. One of the most essential components on the motorcycle. If it fails then you're going to be in a world of hurt. If you don't want to pay woody's prices for an excellent fix, then scrap it and look for a different spare on Ebay.