PDA

View Full Version : My thanksgiving adventure

Slo
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 08:41 AM
So my girl came out from CA on Thanksgiving and needless to say.....don't know a damn thing about the culinery arts. So heres my short video on what happened.

http://blip.tv/file/1528582

puckstr
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 08:57 AM
Nice save with the Flowers and the card

Slo
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 09:01 AM
Yeah it actually turned out pretty decent, neither one of us had any extended stays in the bathroom after eating. And she appreciated the effort ;)

dirkterrell
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 09:15 AM
Next time it'll be MREs, I guess. http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/images/goofy.gif

Dirk

SixnChange
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 09:15 AM
Hmm, interesting. Is that woman who I think she is? Grats on doing the right thing

pilot
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 09:24 AM
Jay,
Not only a great job on working it for the holiday, but you gobbled up the quality on that slide show presentation.

Ceez
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 09:48 AM
Awesome presentation...looks like you and yours had a good one!

Pandora-11
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 09:53 AM
That was absolutely adorable!!! A+++ for effort and humor.
After seeing that, I wouldn't care if you threw me a burger....
:yumyum:

ChrisCBX
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 11:29 AM
Funny stuff.:lol:

(you could have went to a restaurant like we ended up doing:))

Slo
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 12:58 PM
Funny stuff.:lol:

(you could have went to a restaurant like we ended up doing:))

Very true, but then to her, it wouldn't have been the same. Especially knowing me and how culinery challenged I am. Besides top ramen and a one time waffle, I have never tried to cook.

konichd
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 01:02 PM
Kawi's change a man Jay, don't be suprised if your voice gets deeper, and you grow 4" taller. :)

Slo
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 01:06 PM
Yeah I can "barely" touch the ground with my tip toes on the new Kawi, even with a passenger..... Oh well, who needs to be sitting still on a bike anyway.

Ceez
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 01:12 PM
Yeah I can "barely" touch the ground with my tip toes on the new Kawi, even with a passenger..... Oh well, who needs to be sitting still on a bike anyway.

You didnt happen to be riding down 104th yesterday at about 430? I saw what looked like a newer blue ZX10 with a newer black and orange Gixxer behind him.....

Slo
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 01:15 PM
You didnt happen to be riding down 104th yesterday at about 430? I saw what looked like a newer blue ZX10 with a newer black and orange Gixxer behind him.....

Wasn't me, however I think I did see one a couple weeks back at I-25 and 120th. I live off Huron right by 120th so I will be around. Haven't really had a chance to ride this one much. Maybe later today after work.

Oh yeah, mine will have paper plates until late Jan.... then hopefully a "slo" plate of some sort.

Ceez
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 01:16 PM
Wasn't me, however I think I did see one a couple weeks back at I-25 and 120th. I live off Huron right by 120th so I will be around. Haven't really had a chance to ride this one much. Maybe later today after work.

Right on, I am trying to get out of here early today as well to try and get a ride in, ...have fun out there bro.

I will keep an eye out for the paper plates!!

Slo
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 01:18 PM
Will do...if you see me around before next Sunday, my girl will be with me. She got me an X-11 in black for my new helmet last Friday.

She has a diabolic RF1000 and once she realized the x-11 comes with a button on the strap haha, she got the Vermeulen X-11 in blue!!!!! Along with an AStar mx jacket and gloves..... She also loves reading posts on this site, for the most part, learning about the whole 2 wheel'd community.

Ceez
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 01:23 PM
Nice...definitely easy helmets to spot! I am getting my girl into the whole scene as well. Hoping to get her on a bike by next year. Ara let me borrow his 50 a couple of weeks ago so she could learn on that, she was loving it!

rforsythe
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 01:59 PM
Kawi's change a man Jay, don't be suprised if your voice gets deeper, and you grow 4" taller. :)

What he isn't telling you is that 4" comes from somewhere else...

Dr. Joe Siphek
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 02:36 PM
where are the pics of the food after it was cooked? A+ for the effort...Jay...nicely done!

Slo
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 02:55 PM
Ask and you shall receive, haven't had time to modify the video to add these in yet....

DavidofColorado
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 03:24 PM
Good job. You did a better job than I did. I ended up going to see family instead of starving. Next time send out a txt to your peeps and see if there is room at the table. I think we could have made room for a few more people.

Good job. Plan early for Christmas you still have a month~.

500rgurl
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 03:43 PM
OMG Jay!!! Nice try! Next year we should do something... but your not cooking!! :)

PsychoMike
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 09:39 PM
Will do...if you see me around before next Sunday, my girl will be with me. She got me an X-11 in black for my new helmet last Friday.

She has a diabolic RF1000 and once she realized the x-11 comes with a button on the strap haha, she got the Vermeulen X-11 in blue!!!!! Along with an AStar mx jacket and gloves..... She also loves reading posts on this site, for the most part, learning about the whole 2 wheel'd community.

does she have a sister? :)

Slo
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 09:48 AM
Next time send out a txt to your peeps and see if there is room at the table. I think we could have made room for a few more people.

Yeah, maybe we can arrange next year a CSC thanksgiving for those without families here...

OMG Jay!!! Nice try! Next year we should do something... but your not cooking!! :)

Ohhh, what are you trying to say about my expert culinery skills????

does she have a sister? :)

Good and bad news..... she has 3 sisters / all taken

636chick
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 01:49 PM
Thats was so cute and so funny. Next year just remember Boston Market LOL.

It was a riot to see cooking and shopping (way to late) from a guy's perspective. The butter "incident" had me laughing so hard I was cryin. Your lady is a lucky girl your heart was in the right place just not the cookin utensils. Please don't ever use that brush for that again!!!!!!!!!:shocked:

Sortarican
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 02:10 PM
LOL,
You're one hell of a rider Jay.....but if Julia Child was still alive
she'd crush your nuts for that.

http://www.futureofthebook.org/blog/archives/PH2005061401046.jpg

Slo
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 02:41 PM
Thats was so cute and so funny. Next year just remember Boston Market LOL.

It was a riot to see cooking and shopping (way to late) from a guy's perspective. The butter "incident" had me laughing so hard I was cryin. Your lady is a lucky girl your heart was in the right place just not the cookin utensils. Please don't ever use that brush for that again!!!!!!!!!:shocked:
If you only knew everything... I was going to buy a whole turkey and just stick it into the oven, didn't know it takes 2-3 days to thaw....and worse.....didn't know about some bag of "stuff" inside the turkey?

The brush is now "retired". I realized I had the wrong one when putting on the turkey sauce and it was "scrubbing" the skin off.

LOL,
You're one hell of a rider Jay.....but if Julia Child was still alive
she'd crush your nuts for that.

http://www.futureofthebook.org/blog/archives/PH2005061401046.jpg

Who the hell is jchilds? Haha, you have to start somewhere.... Just think, maybe one day I can make a living.....cooking?

Sortarican
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 02:45 PM
.... Just think, maybe one day I can make a living.....cooking?

You're planning on becoming an assassin?

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 06:15 PM
Damn Jay...you had be rolling watching that. Funny stuff. It sure wasn't looking promising, but I'm glad it ended fine.

mtnairlover
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 09:32 PM
That was an awesome vid. Two thumbs up...:up::up:

You get a sort of vibe from each progressing slide...you gain hope, but then are let down, gain hope and then another let down, but where some of the let-downs should be, a replacement has left you feeling like..."Hey, there was a lot of heart put into this undertaking and I'm taking it all the way.";)

Thanks for the heartfelt giggles.

McVaaahhh
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 10:01 PM
I thought in the Marines they taught you to be prepared, and not go shopping for Thanksgiving dinner on Thanksgiving. Oh wait, that's the boyscouts. :D

Nice recovery Jay. :up:

Sully
Thu Dec 4th, 2008, 08:29 AM
That was awesome Jay.. although you weren't entirely prepared, you improvised best you could. I applaud your efforts!! :applause: Turkey dinner takes at least a one or two time screw up before you know what you're doing! :)

Sortarican
Thu Dec 4th, 2008, 09:13 AM
I thought in the Marines they taught you to be prepared, ..... Oh wait, that's the boyscouts. :D

Improvise-Adapt-Overcome.
(Can't wait to see Jay's video of doing all his holiday shopping at 11:00pm X-Mas eve.)

McVaaahhh
Thu Dec 4th, 2008, 11:35 AM
Improvise-Adapt-Overcome.
(Can't wait to see Jay's video of doing all his holiday shopping at 11:00pm X-Mas eve.)

:pointlaugh:

I can tell you what his lady is going to get for christmas.

A bag of Doritos and a Powerade from the last minute trip to 7-11. :lol:

Sortarican
Thu Dec 4th, 2008, 12:10 PM
:pointlaugh:
I can tell you what his lady is going to get for christmas.
A bag of Doritos and a Powerade from the last minute trip to 7-11. :lol:

And don't forget the classic:

http://www.kpao.org/blog/pine-tree-car-air-freshener.gif

Slo
Thu Dec 4th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Quit giving me ideas!!!!