PDA

View Full Version : new bike

FALCONSEYE
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 09:57 AM
My post is gone . :( Well, I think I found a barely used 07 gsx-r 600. I was wondering if somebody would be kind enough to go check out the bike with me this weekend. Will buy you a beer..
Please let me know, thanks.

konichd
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 09:59 AM
Wade and I have a 07 GSXR so feel free to come over Saturday if you want us to look it over and compare it to ours. :) Anytime after lunch should work.

PM me your # and I'll help you out. Afterall Gixxers are my specialty of late :lol:

hcr25
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 10:46 AM
this post http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27556 ?

I think you will be happy with the Gsxr 750. It is a very good all around bike.
mike

FALCONSEYE
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 11:06 AM
My previous posting got deleted somehow. I am a newbie so this will be my first bike. The common advice over here was to get a used bike instead of a new one. I won't be able to bring the bike to you since I won't be able to ride it. However, I am more than happy to come pick you up, let you take a look at the bike and then give you a ride back.
thanks

konichd
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 11:55 AM
No problem, Wade's first bike was an 07 gixxer too so don't believe the hype

Devaclis
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 11:58 AM
Sure you don't want a really sweet CBR? Didn't get pics this weekend due to the holiday and snow but I can bring it to you to look at :)

PROFLYER
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 12:00 PM
Just get something CLEAN. If it's been dropped, the chain looks like crap etc. etc. it was probably not taken care of. Brand doesn't really matter, they all make excellent bikes anymore anyway.

MetaLord 9
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 12:11 PM
No problem, Wade's first bike was an 07 gixxer too so don't believe the hype
Yeah, but what does Wade ride now? I remember seeing that gixxer on craiglist a couple too many times...

I'm still say'n that I think a 750cc sportbike is way too much for a n00b. Hell, I think a 600cc sportbike is too much too. Look at a 500 cc sport tourer like a ninja or an sv650. Don't let your desire to get a bike trump your sense on which one you get. Ease into it. You can always get more & bigger.

konichd
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 12:40 PM
Wade rides a fuckin' liter bike like all the big boys. :)

He rode a 600 for 6 months/7,000 miles, sold it for a profit and upgraded. He never rode a bike before and did just fine, never dropped it or a moment of trouble.

FALCONSEYE
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 01:44 PM
Yeah, but what does Wade ride now? I remember seeing that gixxer on craiglist a couple too many times...

I'm still say'n that I think a 750cc sportbike is way too much for a n00b. Hell, I think a 600cc sportbike is too much too. Look at a 500 cc sport tourer like a ninja or an sv650. Don't let your desire to get a bike trump your sense on which one you get. Ease into it. You can always get more & bigger.

I agree. This is a 07 gsx-r 600 with 167 miles. Can you believe that? The price is awesome too...

FALCONSEYE
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 01:46 PM
Sure you don't want a really sweet CBR? Didn't get pics this weekend due to the holiday and snow but I can bring it to you to look at :)

Your bike is definitely sweet but this bike is practically new. I have to wonder since the deal sounds too good to be true, then it's prolly not...

MetaLord 9
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 01:49 PM
Where'd you find the bike & who's selling it?

FALCONSEYE
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 01:56 PM
Local add, some girl is responding to my questions.

Wyck
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 02:38 PM
I just sold my 02 YZF600R about a month ago. It was a pretty good starter bike for me but a little heavy and bulky for me to move with my weak little girl arms. I want to get a newer 600 for my next bike but not sure what I will end up with. I'm open to suggestions though I've been eyeballing the new R6s all year...so sexy.

konichd
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 02:41 PM
The new R6's are nice but for the street they are a tad bit weak in the low end. I never thought I would say this but out of all the 600's the Honda CBR would be my first choice.

MetaLord 9
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 02:44 PM
How far you have fallen DK...

Careful, people might even start to like ya!

Devaclis
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 02:44 PM
I never thought I would say this but out of all the 600's the Honda CBR would be my first choice.

I am pretty sure this was a quote from the bible, the Declaration of Independence, and Shotgun Willy. THAT is how you know it is true and good.

konichd
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 02:45 PM
Its hard to fall when you're already at Rock Bottom :)

rybo
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 02:46 PM
The new R6's are nice but for the street they are a tad bit weak in the low end. I never thought I would say this but out of all the 600's the Honda CBR would be my first choice.

BEWARE!

(it weighs 26 lbs. more)

MetaLord 9
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 02:49 PM
^^THAT's why Dana loves Hondas so much! They're the Lane Bryants of the sport bikes!

konichd
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 02:49 PM
That 26lbs must be in the seat because they are rock hard. :)

But Hands down for a 600 I would definately go with the Honda. Reliable, well designed, turns on a dime. I can't really think of one negative thing to say about the 07-newer models. Perhaps the pinicle of perfection for a 600 cc sportbike as we know it.

Toner
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 02:58 PM
My post is gone . :( Well, I think I found a barely used 07 gsx-r 600. I was wondering if somebody would be kind enough to go check out the bike with me this weekend. Will buy you a beer..
Please let me know, thanks.

There was a thread started this summer regarding things to look for before buying a used bike. Follow the link below, Rebnarb found a useful motorcycle checklist that you might like. Good Luck!

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22805 (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22805)

Also FALCONSEYE, you can easily find your past posts/threads by clicking on your name in the top right of your screen once you log in. Click => "Statistics" => "find all posts by FALCONSEYE".

FALCONSEYE
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 03:44 PM
I guess posts are being deleted after certain amount of days. Great link, Toner. Very well detailed. Thank you very much. Also, somebody who is an experienced rider coming by will help tremendously.

Toner
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 08:25 PM
My post is gone . :( ........

this post http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27556 ?
mike

My previous posting got deleted somehow.

Also FALCONSEYE, you can easily find your past posts/threads by clicking on your name in the top right of your screen once you log in. Click => "Statistics" => "find all posts by FALCONSEYE".

I guess posts are being deleted after certain amount of days...

Seriously?
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=peJWxqEVXPY :)

Sully
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 07:49 AM
http://cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27556

Is this what you're looking for ?

FALCONSEYE
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 09:56 AM
Seriously?
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=peJWxqEVXPY :)

Funny video. But seriously !

Go to the website : http://www.cosportbikeclub.org
click on "forums" under "club stuff"
scroll down to "Regional groups" then click on "South Central Metro" .

Do you see the previous post?
* seriously *

UglyDogRacing
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 10:07 AM
Funny video. But seriously !

Go to the website : http://www.cosportbikeclub.org
click on "forums" under "club stuff"
scroll down to "Regional groups" then click on "South Central Metro" .

Do you see the previous post?
* seriously *

:think:

FALCONSEYE
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 10:12 AM
:think:

k, gave up. must be something to do with my user settings. I don't see any other postings when i look.
Anyway, so the girl responded to me yesterday saying I should give her a call on Friday to setup a time frame to see the bike for the weekend. Will any of the expert folks be available this Saturday or Sunday?

MetaLord 9
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 10:42 AM
Gonna be up at Keystone all weekend, sorry man

Toner
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 10:53 AM
FALCONSEYE- your search settings are set to only show the threads from the last day. On the bottom of the page, where you can change the filter, change it to show threads from the last 30 days instead of last day and you will see them. Hope that helps.

FALCONSEYE
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 10:55 AM
FALCONSEYE- your search settings are set to only show the threads from the last day. On the bottom of the page, where you can change the filter, change it to show threads from the last 30 days instead of last day and you will see them. Hope that helps.

awesome, thanks Toner!

Ghost
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 11:17 AM
That 26lbs must be in the seat because they are rock hard. :)

But Hands down for a 600 I would definately go with the Honda. Reliable, well designed, turns on a dime. I can't really think of one negative thing to say about the 07-newer models. Perhaps the pinicle of perfection for a 600 cc sportbike as we know it.

Curb weight to curb (wet) weight the non-ABS CBR600RR is still the lightest 600 at 410lbs.

The ABS model is porkier, since ABS adds 22lbs for 432lbs wet.

I've had 5 CBR600s from the F2 up, and the 07+ CBR600RR is the best they've ever made, and is close to being the pefect 600.

The lack of a *#$% slipper clutch keeps me from saying its the perfect 600, and I think the 09 ZX-6R will be one to watch. I expect the CBR to lose its crown as "best" 600 this spring once they compare the 09 models.

Don't get me wrong, the CBR600RR is still a fantastic bike, and I'm still tempted to get one, but by the time I add a slipper I may as well get the CBR1000RR or else save money and get a GSX-R 600 (which has had slippers since 06).

-=-
Back to the OP: The one you've found seems ideal, I found an 07 Black w/900mi on it for more than yours and it was still a good deal.

The SV650 is probably the best starter bike out there, especially as "starter" in this case doesn't mean "disposable" like a Ninja 250 would be.

You can get a bigger bike than the SV 650, but few people move on from them having fully mastered them, they just think they need a bigger bike to go faster. In racing the SV650s typically turn lap times pretty close to the 600s, and some of the fastest riders on an SV can beat the slow-to-middle riders on 600s.

hcr25
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 12:39 PM
Curb weight to curb (wet) weight the non-ABS CBR600RR is still the lightest 600 at 410lbs.

The ABS model is porkier, since ABS adds 22lbs for 432lbs wet.

I've had 5 CBR600s from the F2 up, and the 07+ CBR600RR is the best they've ever made, and is close to being the pefect 600.

The lack of a *#$% slipper clutch keeps me from saying its the perfect 600, and I think the 09 ZX-6R will be one to watch. I expect the CBR to lose its crown as "best" 600 this spring once they compare the 09 models.

Don't get me wrong, the CBR600RR is still a fantastic bike, and I'm still tempted to get one, but by the time I add a slipper I may as well get the CBR1000RR or else save money and get a GSX-R 600 (which has had slippers since 06).

-=-
Back to the OP: The one you've found seems ideal, I found an 07 Black w/900mi on it for more than yours and it was still a good deal.

The SV650 is probably the best starter bike out there, especially as "starter" in this case doesn't mean "disposable" like a Ninja 250 would be.

You can get a bigger bike than the SV 650, but few people move on from them having fully mastered them, they just think they need a bigger bike to go faster. In racing the SV650s typically turn lap times pretty close to the 600s, and some of the fastest riders on an SV can beat the slow-to-middle riders on 600s.

I agree with every word!

Todays 600cc sport bikes are more then fast enough for the street, to fast for a lot of riders. In a perfect world 6 months to a year of experience on a ex 500, sv 650 ect. would go along way on preventing crashes on modern sport bikes.
mike

FALCONSEYE
Fri Dec 5th, 2008, 04:40 PM
I called the owner, left a voice mail but did not hear back so far. Just to give you an update...

FALCONSEYE
Mon Dec 8th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Visited Fay Myers on Saturday. The green 09 cbr 600 looks really sexy. They also have a used black gsx-r 600 with some scratches. I might get a real good deal on that one too. What to do(?)
The owner of the used gsx-r 600 lives in Brighton. He wasn't available on Saturday so I am trying to set up sometime to see over the next weekend.

MetaLord 9
Mon Dec 8th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Don't buy new!!! And, if you can avoid it, don't buy used from a dealer! You're ALWAYS going to pay more on a dealer-sold used bike than you would buying it from an indpendent seller

Wyck
Mon Dec 8th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Visited Fay Myers on Saturday. The green 09 cbr 600 looks really sexy.

Don't say that! I might have to go down there and buy it out from under you if it's as sexy as you say!

FALCONSEYE
Tue Dec 9th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Don't say that! I might have to go down there and buy it out from under you if it's as sexy as you say!

Doood, it looks sick. The bike has a different coolness factor in that green. I am kind of surprised to see that cbr600 does not have the same new look of the 1liter bike. Oh well, the green bandit will be my 2. bike.

Wyck
Tue Dec 9th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Doood, it looks sick. The bike has a different coolness factor in that green. I am kind of surprised to see that cbr600 does not have the same new look of the 1liter bike. Oh well, the green bandit will be my 2. bike.

That's it as soon as I finish eating my chili I'm going down there!

FALCONSEYE
Fri Dec 19th, 2008, 07:30 PM
come on, find me a 600cc already. sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

FALCONSEYE
Fri Dec 19th, 2008, 07:31 PM
by the way, the dood at faymyers is riiil weird for asking $8500 for a 08 new gsxr600 + "documentation fee" . mohahahahhaaaa.

Wyck
Fri Dec 19th, 2008, 07:38 PM
by the way, the dood at faymyers is riiil weird for asking $8500 for a 08 new gsxr600 + "documentation fee" . mohahahahhaaaa.

It was posted on here in another thread that Britts would sell one of their new 08 cbr 600 for 8200+ tax

FALCONSEYE
Mon Dec 22nd, 2008, 09:40 AM
do you have their website / contact info? thanks

Wyck
Mon Dec 22nd, 2008, 10:56 AM
http://www.brittpowersports.com/default.asp

Foolds
Mon Dec 22nd, 2008, 11:06 AM
Sun had an 07 and some 08's left and the green a black SEXY 09

Guy I was talking to was named Kurt, real nice guy seamed to know his stuff too.

Wyck
Mon Dec 22nd, 2008, 11:11 AM
I went to Grand Prix Saturday. They didn't really have any 08s left but they have the new 09s out including the monster zx6. I really liked how the gsxr fit and love that they throw in all the goodies on their 600 unlike the others. So now its between the cbr and the gsxr :)

eg bter
Mon Dec 22nd, 2008, 11:19 AM
I vote GSXR :)

Wyck
Mon Dec 22nd, 2008, 11:53 AM
If I had the money to buy now that's probably what I would get. But I am a girl so I will probably change my mind 100 times between now and April. :silly:

Foolds
Mon Dec 22nd, 2008, 11:59 AM
If I had the money to buy now that's probably what I would get. But I am a girl so I will probably change my mind 100 times between now and April. :silly:

I dunno that 09 600rr Felt damn sexy, I got a new bike and I almost bought a new one!

eg bter
Mon Dec 22nd, 2008, 12:03 PM
Ive been itching for another gsxr 750 since I wrecked my 07 last year :(

Wyck
Mon Dec 22nd, 2008, 12:06 PM
One of these days I will ditch work for a bit and hit faymeyers so I can compare side by side without trying to remember what the other felt like from another shop....hmmm maybe I will do that today at lunch.

caddygsxr
Mon Dec 22nd, 2008, 12:08 PM
go with the GSXR

Sortarican
Mon Dec 22nd, 2008, 12:18 PM
I vote GSXR :)

Why not, after all, it is a girl's bike.:lol:

Wyck
Mon Dec 22nd, 2008, 12:21 PM
Why not, after all, it is a girl's bike.:lol:

No shit! They had the white one out at Grand Prix with all the sparkly girly shit and the guys were asking me what I thought about it so I told them :D If I go that route it would probably have to be black. Though on Suzuki's website it looks like it has girly shit on it too those bastards. :(

eg bter
Mon Dec 22nd, 2008, 12:50 PM
What looks girly? The paint? Don't think mine looked girly.

http://a335.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/63/l_0e0ce4bad35eca922bfad698b239286e.jpg

Ceez
Mon Dec 22nd, 2008, 12:59 PM
What looks girly? The paint? Don't think mine looked girly.

http://a335.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/63/l_0e0ce4bad35eca922bfad698b239286e.jpg

Wow..that was a nice bike :hump:

I like my girly bike. :slappers:

Wyck
Mon Dec 22nd, 2008, 01:59 PM
This is what I'm talking about

Sortarican
Mon Dec 22nd, 2008, 02:07 PM
What looks girly? The paint?

No....the riders.:slappers:

Ceez
Mon Dec 22nd, 2008, 02:13 PM
No....the riders.:slappers:

One time I go riding in chaps and forget to wear jeans and get branded for life...:slappers:

Sortarican
Mon Dec 22nd, 2008, 02:35 PM
One time I go riding in chaps and forget to wear jeans and get branded for life...:slappers:

Yeah, but you pull that look off.:eyebrows:

Actually Wyck makes a great point about the Gixer 600 having all the technological features of the 1000.
I think they're the only ones that did that at the 600 level.
(Though I'm not sure about the Kawi's.)

Wyck
Mon Dec 22nd, 2008, 02:45 PM
Actually Wyck makes a great point about the Gixer 600 having all the technological features of the 1000.
I think they're the only ones that did that at the 600 level.
(Though I'm not sure about the Kawi's.)

They are and even though that's true MSRP is still the same as all the others. Seat height/size/position is perfect for me (no lowering needed), all the lights are already integrated (no aftermarket kits needed to ungay the bike), it has the electronic damper and slipper clutch vs one or the other (kawi damper is manual). IE It's ready to ride off the floor and I won't need to dump a few hundred bucks into it right off the bat which is definitely a good thing.

sky_blue
Mon Dec 22nd, 2008, 02:58 PM
All these bikes are ready to ride off the floor. You don't need a slipper or a dampner for the street. Really, you don't. And you won't die of humiliation from not having flush mount signals and an aftermarket can. Really.

Wyck
Mon Dec 22nd, 2008, 03:04 PM
All these bikes are ready to ride off the floor. You don't need a slipper or a dampner for the street. Really, you don't.

True, but I'm a girl I want it all! And I want it free :king:

And you won't die of humiliation from not having flush mount signals and an aftermarket can. Really.

Yes, Yes I will.

Sortarican
Mon Dec 22nd, 2008, 03:15 PM
All these bikes are ready to ride off the floor. You don't need a slipper or a dampner for the street....

And people don't "need" 110+ HP in a 600cc bike either.
But if someone wanted to equip my bike with a slipper clutch, damper, ABS, multi-stage ignition, and gobs of HP, I wouldn't complain.
(Except maybe the ABS, I don't like it on cars so I probably wouldn't on bikes.)

sky_blue
Mon Dec 22nd, 2008, 03:24 PM
Sure enough. But I'd still pick a bike based on ergonomics before fancy add-ons. Although I guess you could always start screwing with rearsets and handlebars and make it fit you better.

Wyck
Mon Dec 22nd, 2008, 03:32 PM
Sure enough. But I'd still pick a bike based on ergonomics before fancy add-ons. Although I guess you could always start screwing with rearsets and handlebars and make it fit you better.

Oh trust me that's the first thing on my mind. I loved the look of the R6 but two seconds on that sucker and I was screaming to get off. The Zx6 wasn't too bad just a little high and would need lowering. I really liked both the CBR and the GSXR but if it comes down to two bikes that I like the feel of that are the same price then you can bet your booty I'm going with the one with all the extra goodies. :)

eg bter
Mon Dec 22nd, 2008, 03:38 PM
I see your point now...doesn't look that bad. Perhaps the "girly" stickers can be removed.

Wyck
Mon Dec 22nd, 2008, 03:51 PM
I see your point now...doesn't look that bad. Perhaps the "girly" stickers can be removed.

The ones on the fairings yes but the ones on the tank are clear coated.

Sortarican
Mon Dec 22nd, 2008, 03:54 PM

Can you remove the really ugly sticker?
You know, the one that says Suzuki.:D

eg bter
Mon Dec 22nd, 2008, 04:09 PM
:slap:

hcr25
Tue Dec 23rd, 2008, 08:18 AM
In my opinion all of the new 600's are very good. It just comes down to what you are looking for in a bike.

For the height challanged peeps the Kawi is on the taller side. The yamaha seems a little lower but is wider at the seat which makes the riders inseam wider in turn making the riders stance more spread out when stopped. This is only a problem if you are short.
The Gsxr and Honda seem a little bit more narrow at the seat and dont seem as tall to me but i didnt do any actual measurements.

Britt Honda does have a 08 CBR 600RR in stock as of saturday.
mike

Wyck
Tue Dec 23rd, 2008, 09:39 AM
For the height challanged peeps the Kawi is on the taller side.

Exactly my problem

The yamaha seems a little lower but is wider at the seat which makes the riders inseam wider in turn making the riders stance more spread out when stopped. This is only a problem if you are short.

Exactly why I wanted to get the hell off that sucker the second I sat on it.

The Gsxr and Honda seem a little bit more narrow at the seat and dont seem as tall to me but i didnt do any actual measurements.

From the spec sheets the seat height is actually pretty close for all of them. (33.5 r6, 32.3 cbr600, 32.1 zx6, 31.9 gsxr) But I really like the narrower seats/tanks on the cbr and gsxr

Britt Honda does have a 08 CBR 600RR in stock as of saturday.

I sat on it last weekend and liked it :) I also like that it's an 08 thus cheaper :) So if anybody is looking for a great deal this is the place to go. The one I sat on was red and black I think Chuck said he had a silver one too but not sure.

salsashark
Tue Dec 23rd, 2008, 09:47 AM
Now this is a sexy 600('sh)

http://www.triumph.co.uk/images/Daytona675_2009_rhs_black_534x309.jpg:hump:

hcr25
Tue Dec 23rd, 2008, 10:18 AM
I currently have a 06 gsxr 750 and a 07 gsxr 600. I really do like the Gsxr's and i think the Hondas are very close in a lot of ways.
I cant wait to race one.
mike

Sortarican
Tue Dec 23rd, 2008, 10:23 AM
Now this is a sexy 600('sh)

:hump:

Oh yeah!
(Though if the 675 had a single sided swingarm it would be even sexier.)

Love my Daytona (955cc). Need to get it back on the road by summer.

64BonnieLass
Tue Dec 23rd, 2008, 11:17 AM
Wyck, I'm not sure how height challenged you are but I am 5'4 (and a quarter ;)).
The Yamaha's were way too tall for me, Kawi's were better but still too tall. So I'm a Suzuki girl for just that reason.
However, whichever bike you choose, don't forget that you can also have the seat shaved.
I shaved mine down A LOT on the sides and a good amount in the center. It helped a ton in giving me the feeling of being better planted when I come to a stop.
I'm not sure if that's something that would help you or not, just thought I would throw it out there just in case. :)

Wyck
Tue Dec 23rd, 2008, 11:41 AM
Wyck, I'm not sure how height challenged you are but I am 5'4 (and a quarter ;)).
The Yamaha's were way too tall for me, Kawi's were better but still too tall. So I'm a Suzuki girl for just that reason.
However, whichever bike you choose, don't forget that you can also have the seat shaved.
I shaved mine down A LOT on the sides and a good amount in the center. It helped a ton in giving me the feeling of being better planted when I come to a stop.
I'm not sure if that's something that would help you or not, just thought I would throw it out there just in case. :)

I'm 5'6 and the only bike I could flat foot sitting straight up was the gsxr. CBR and Kawi I could when leaned forward and the r6 was like getting on a horse but without stirrups. I have never heard about having the seat shaved hmmm....

nattynoo
Tue Dec 23rd, 2008, 11:49 AM
I'm 5'6 and the only bike I could flat foot sitting straight up was the gsxr. CBR and Kawi I could when leaned forward and the r6 was like getting on a horse but without stirrups. I have never heard about having the seat shaved hmmm....

I took the entire 2 or 3 inches of foam off my seat and replaced it with a gel pad that I bought from a custom bike shop for like $50 :D

Great alternative to lowering the bike...altho I still had to lower it 3 inches...cuz I'm short :lol:

Wyck
Tue Dec 23rd, 2008, 12:07 PM
I took the entire 2 or 3 inches of foam off my seat and replaced it with a gel pad that I bought from a custom bike shop for like $50 :D

Great alternative to lowering the bike...altho I still had to lower it 3 inches...cuz I'm short :lol:

Why has noone told me these things?!?!?! :banghead: I guess that's what I get for not knowing any girl riders before now. :(

64BonnieLass
Tue Dec 23rd, 2008, 12:11 PM
Also, instead of using a lowering link of any kind, you can adjust the back spring. That's good for a couple centimeters too.

So between that and seat shaving, at your height, you will be just fine sister. :cheers:

Sortarican
Tue Dec 23rd, 2008, 12:17 PM
You Umpa Lupmas shouldn't be riding bikes anyway.
It's little people like you all that make it so hard for us "normal" people to find bikes that fit.:D
(runs and hides.....)

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e203/daredev/funny_dogs.jpg

nattynoo
Tue Dec 23rd, 2008, 12:33 PM
You Umpa Lupmas shouldn't be riding bikes anyway.
It's little people like you all that make it so hard for us "normal" people to find bikes that fit.:D
(runs and hides.....)

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e203/daredev/funny_dogs.jpg

This is more like it...

http://images.art.com/images/-/Great-Dane-and-Chihuahua--C11759689.jpeg

And yes...you better go run and hide :slap:

JohnEffinK
Tue Dec 23rd, 2008, 05:03 PM
hehe, she said she shaved hers down.

Sorry. Carry on.

John

FALCONSEYE
Wed Dec 24th, 2008, 11:04 AM
09 green cbr 600 . yummmm

keshtak
Wed Dec 24th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Have any of you ridden that Triumph Daytona? The triple cylinder kinda weirds me out a bit...