PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ride today?

Kappa03
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 10:59 AM
Just wondering if anyone rode to work or rode around today? Weather seems nice but not sure about the condition of the roads, sand etc..
-Kap

Devaclis
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 11:01 AM
Roads are fine down here in the tech center Was a nice ride in this morning.

Kappa03
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 11:03 AM
Nice..
I work only 4 hours today, temp should be where it is now on the ride home which is about 4pm.

MetaLord 9
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 11:03 AM
Rode in this morn'n! Roads were fine between Cherry Creek & Highlands Ranch. Watch out for the winds closer to the foothills. Didn't experience it myself, but I heard that it was rough.

rforsythe
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 11:04 AM
Yep, was actually too warm on the way in. My gear has all the winter liners in it, which I'm finding is about right when the windchill is about 10-15 degrees.

The real question is, who's riding in tomorrow? :eyebrows:

Devaclis
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 11:12 AM
Yep, was actually too warm on the way in. My gear has all the winter liners in it, which I'm finding is about right when the windchill is about 10-15 degrees.

The real question is, who's riding in tomorrow? :eyebrows:

I will be riding in tomorrow. Ice permitting. I have enough cold weather gear to climb Everest :)

MetaLord 9
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 11:15 AM
Can't fit a snowboard on a motorcycle with all the gear, but I'll think of you when I'm flying down the mountain tomorrow!

asp_125
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 11:19 AM
A bit gusty near the foothills along 93.. as usual.

Gregger
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 11:27 AM
Windy as hell at my house.. Tempted to ride, but getting off at 2am, so I think the ride home may be snowy...

Spiderman
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 11:30 AM
Ya, it was fine all the way from Parker to Boulder. My thermometer read 58 degrees outside temperature after the sun came up! :up:

MetaLord 9
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 11:35 AM
Ya, it was fine all the way from Parker to Boulder. My thermometer read 58 degrees outside temperature after the sun came up! :up:
Yeah, it almost feels like summer when you've only gotta put two or three layers on to ride! :lol:

Devaclis
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 11:42 AM
Anyone riding to the Toad after work? mmm nice cold beer.

Gregger
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 11:50 AM
Mmm...Riding and beer... Wait...That doesn't sound smart...lol :)

MetaLord 9
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 11:55 AM
Mmm...Riding THEN beer THEN riding... Wait...That sounds like GENIUS!!! :)
fixed :D

Gregger
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 11:56 AM
fixed :D

Nice fix0r.. For some reason, riding/beer still makes me cringe.. Oh, wait, I know why..Cause I'm a medic downtown and pick up drink MC crashes all the time. :drink:

nattynoo
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 12:10 PM
Wish I could have rode today, but I don't think the cat would have appreciated it :lol:

salsashark
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 12:23 PM
Wish I could have rode today, but I don't think the cat would have appreciated it :lol:

Nonsense... Cat's love the wind in the fur! It's exciting for them... :lol:

I got about three blocks from the house and regretted not riding today... I think I'll head home and get the bike, then go register for the toy ride

MetaLord 9
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 01:48 PM
You ride without any pants on???? :wtf:

Matty
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 04:52 PM
You ride without any pants on???? :wtf:
lol. you're a sick lil man.

TFOGGuys
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 05:10 PM
Rode in today...damned breezy when I got here....better now....riding home in about an hour....

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 05:35 PM
Rode in this morning, remembered I had a vacation day I had to use by the 12th, and.................called Scruff Dog.....and we went riding to Estes, then down 36 to Lyons where I bought him lunch for his birthday. Sat in the sun, enjoying a microbrew at Oskar Blues, then into Boulder, then just got back. Niiiiice! Only in Colorado!

daemon
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 05:52 PM
rode around town today for about an hour after work.

doing it "poser" style with the full suit i bought off of spy007.

about all i'm gonna do for awhile.

i'm not really an all season rider.

Jason ON
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 07:00 PM
Ran some errands on the bike today. Good times. Doubt I'll be riding tomorrow.

dm_gsxr
Tue Dec 2nd, 2008, 07:17 PM
It was 55* or so out. Who _didn't_ ride?

Now tomorrow, that'll be an interesting morning ride :D

Carl

Devaclis
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 07:01 AM
Yeah, there was a little ice this morning. The snow did not start until I got into DTC. Cold but not too bad. 11 when I left the house. Be safe out there peeps.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 10:05 AM
Update:

After posting the above, I rode home from Scruff's about 7:20......ito major winds, sleet, rain....and snow. think I barely made it home. Kinda scary doing 90 on Wilson/Taft Hill in that KNOWING that if I don't get home soon it will most likely freeze up on me....

Nick_Ninja
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 10:37 AM
Update:

After posting the above, I rode home from Scruff's about 7:20......ito major winds, sleet, rain....and snow. think I barely made it home. Kinda scary doing 90 on Wilson/Taft Hill in that KNOWING that if I don't get home soon it will most likely freeze up on me....

You're nutz :roll:

dm_gsxr
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 10:51 AM
Nothing in Longmont yet. Good ride in this morning. We'll see how it goes as the day goes on.

Carl

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 11:36 AM
You're nutz :roll:
Sorry, they were surgically removed a few months ago.....:shocked::)

Devaclis
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 11:48 AM
DTC Blvd from Dry Creek to Belleview going North is a solid sheet of black ice. I actually rode on the sidewalk/grass most of the way back to work. Cars were sliding all over the place.

dm_gsxr
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 11:49 AM
Yea, I was looking at the weather report this morning and the Longmont/Broomfield corridor looked perfectly fine. A bit chilly, especially in the low spots but dry the whole way.

Carl

rforsythe
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 12:31 PM
DTC Blvd from Dry Creek to Belleview going North is a solid sheet of black ice. I actually rode on the sidewalk/grass most of the way back to work. Cars were sliding all over the place.

:wtf: I barely saw so much as a wet road on the way in today. Good to note though since that's usually a part of my anti-I25 route home.

Ended up not riding in today. My battery has been getting sluggish lately, and yesterday was acting up a little more than I'd like even in warm weather. I think the bike will remain parked until I can replace it, since I don't want <freezing temps to strand me somewhere. Push starting a heavy fuel injected bike on snow isn't really an option.

SaShWhO
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 12:41 PM
here kitty kitty.
better bundle that "cat" well this weekend, especially if it's groomed or one of them rare bald kitties.:cold:

Kappa03
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 03:23 PM
Rider yesterday was nice, cold today, though I don't have to work. Supposed to snow but nothing here in Highlands ranch yet.

Anyone gettin snow?

Gregger
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 03:43 PM
Very very light here in Broomfield.. Was doing it this AM when I left for Keystone, and it still is now... Looks like late tonight and tomorrow is the best shot..

dm_gsxr
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 04:14 PM
Yep. Just rolled into Broomfield from Longmont. The snow was light in Longmont, basically went away on the way down and as I rolled down Lowell it picked up. The left onto 128th had snow getting pretty heavy (as in more, not fluffy).

Be careful out there.

Carl

Ghost
Thu Dec 4th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Our finance director put away his Hyper, but he RODE IN TODAY (Thursday 12-4-08 ) on his DR200SE...in the snow/ice/shit.:shocked:

TFOGGuys
Thu Dec 4th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Hmmm.... got an XR100 here that has been done for a couple of weeks....maybe I need to "test ride" it in the snow....just to keep fresh fuel in the carb, you understand... :eyebrows:

Devaclis
Thu Dec 4th, 2008, 01:23 PM
I f had the right bike I would have rode in today. It is nice and brisk out there :)

rforsythe
Thu Dec 4th, 2008, 01:28 PM
I should really plate the XR400 for days like today. Roads are for sheep.

FZRguy
Thu Dec 4th, 2008, 01:29 PM
I got hammered on my MTB ride home late Friday night. It was fun but trashed my bike as snow packed into wheels, brakes, gears…spent Sunday overhauling it. Rode Monday/Tuesday…not riding today. :no: