PDA

View Full Version : almost done!

HIX
Sat Jun 14th, 2003, 12:56 AM
It has been an eventful couple of days! I just got finished doing the following to my bike.

Oil
Filter
Carbs
Chain
Sprockets
Oil pump
Water pump
Valves
Head gasket
Cam Chain
Cam Sprockets
Clutch
Plugs
Wires
Alternator
All Cables
Swing arm pivot bushing
All hoses

Now all I need to do is clean the old gasket off the Clutch Cover and put the plastic back on, and hope she starts.

I tell you what, this had better run good after all this crap I have done to it. Or at least run good untill I get a new SV at the end of the summer.
Some time in the next couple weeks I am gona do the brakes and the front fork seals.

Erratic
Sat Jun 14th, 2003, 09:15 AM
Man after all that it better run. It's almost new :lol:

Jmetz
Sat Jun 14th, 2003, 10:28 AM
After your done you can do my bike. :D

HIX
Sat Jun 14th, 2003, 02:50 PM
I just put it back together and it still runs kinda crapy , but what should I expect from a 40k bike? Anyone have a mercury nananometer I can borrow so I can synch them up?

Anonymous
Sat Jun 14th, 2003, 04:47 PM
Actually when I sync'd my carbs, I used a 10' piece of clear tubing, a yardstick, some plastic hose fittings, water, and just made my own sync tool. Cost? Free since the manager at Home Depot just gave the stuff to me, but wouldn't have been more than $3.

Of course my superchicken wasn't designed with carb sync in mind apparently since I had to make a tool out of a long screwdriver, needle nose pliers, an allen wrench, and duct tape just to get the f'in thing into the rear cylinder. I may improve on this design later. :roll:

HIX
Sun Jun 15th, 2003, 10:19 AM
Well I took the carbs apart again and it turns out that the shop I took them to to get the float height set set the float hieght 5mm to High so it was DUMPING gas into the carbs. I reset the hieght and it is like butta. I am still missing a little mid-top end but it is by no means slow anymore. I am not going to mess w/ it till I go to put the brakes and fork seals in. Anyone ever do fork seals? I could use some pointers.

Hoopty
Mon Jun 16th, 2003, 07:22 AM
Get a piece of PVC pipe to push the new seals down in there, it sure beats spending $50 for the seal-driver tool. :D Sorry I don't have much more pointers, but I've only seen it done once...