PDA

View Full Version : Seers, I Come from the Line.

pilot
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 02:38 PM
From the beginning of time there have been those that can see happenings. These people have been held in high regard and persecuted. From my mother's side of the family I have had this uncanny ability to make predictions or "to know" things.

This is especially true regarding close friends and potential danger or important, life-changing situations or ideas. Also, I have known secrets of individuals or small groups that they have not told anyone out of there realm. I have been drawn to these people--even though I would not normally associate with them--and they end up telling private things.

It is not that I attempt try to "see" the future, the past,or the present moment, it is more that it usually comes out on it's own. An example of this would be a recent set of posts on the CSC.

"Oh Deer" (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26986&highlight=deer) watch out for the deer everyone.

In this case, I was looking for something relevant to rider awareness as it relates to our seasonal deer hits in the mountains. I immediately came across the MSNBC article while looking for something akin to my post to provide some factual awareness.

It is that time of year. Ride aware.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27454817/

It would suck to hear that a rider danced with a deer.

Less than 72 hours later my close friend, and member of the CSC/MRA, collided with a deer.

Deer vs. Bike, Morrison (hhttp://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27041ttp://)

Somebody nailed a deer coming out of Morrison, towards Golden, around lunchtime today. It looked like a red VFR, was tucked behind the emergency vehicles so I didn't get a good look. Bike was up on two wheels, though. The deer was down for the count. Ambulance was there, I hope whoever the rider is will be ok.

This is not the first time for something like this to happen:
Matty's accident at PMP. I was watching the race from different positions on the track. I went to turn 7 where numerous people and vehicles had gathered. Everyone was joking around and having a good time. But, something didn't feel right about what was happening there. I started videotaping the action and the crowd. Seconds later, Matty squirted me with his water rifle. I walked over to him. I was going to pull him off the tailgate of the truck and say, "Hey man, don't be getting me all wet. I have a camera," but at that moment the crowd screamed and I turned to see the bike headed right for us. I was the last person he talked to just before he was crushed by the racer's bike;

I have also known of a pregnancy when only the doctor had just told the woman hours earlier (not even her husband knew at the time) I just walked up to her and blurted out, "Your Pregnant!";

I have told my friend her daughter's name. This was before she had even told her parents of the name of her unborn child. The name was very unique.

I found an employees abducted child at a farm house in Georgia. It took me less than 30 minutes after he came to me asking for help finding his child which had been taken out of the Colorado Springs area by his x-wife. I looked at a map and was drawn to a location. I found a phone number. He called it and his x-wife answered the phone;

Seconds before my grandmother had passed away, I turned to a friend and said, "My grandmother is dying." Moments later the phone rang. My grandmother was not ill at the time;

Many years ago, I felt the need to create a mountaineering product. I designed and built it at home and bought my materials at the old REI building on Mississippi Ave in Denver. There, I got the attention of the manager who told me that it was amazing product and that I should enter the high-tech overbag in the REI product design of the year contest. I laughed and said nah. Three months later another guy sent in a product nearly exactly to mine and won the contest. He was in a two page spread of their catalog. I believe this is one of the ancestors to the design. Mine, however, was built to hang from the side of a rock face;

http://media.rei.com/media/629255Lrg.jpg (http://www.rei.com/product/629255)

5 out of 6 of my lottery numbers came up on the winning ticket. I always stayed with the same five numbers. The sixth one I picked at random each time I bought one ticket. I always bought the ticket from the same store, the same day of the week. That day, I did not buy as my route home took me well away from the purchase point. The next morning my numbers, plus another, hit the Colorado Lottery. My luck at gaming is better than most.

And another side of my life is that I have been very fortunate dealing with mishaps. These are things that take us out of the game.

I have survived:

Being struck by lightning
Unscathed from a car/train accident
Walked away from a Piper 150 aircraft that I crashed when I was 16
Got up and dusted myself off after piling my Kawasaki into a stand of aspens doing 80 + MPH
A near hit on our house by a tornado in Omaha, NE
Rode out an avalanche in the back bowls of Loveland Pass
Run out of air diving at 125 feet
Shot twice--once hunting once in the military
Driving into a lake during the 1985 (?) great flood that hit Cheyenne, WY
Electrocution from a railroad signal crossing
Having my head crushed by an armored truck's hood
Falling through the ice on a river
Being caught in a fishing trawlers, at night, net while diving off the coast of the Med
Numerous close calls on a bike (Frank keeps mentioning one in particular, ha)

Many people do not put faith in this ability. Some scoff. Others feel it in themselves but out of fear of being singled out of the crowd, they say nothing.

I'm not always the funniest, nicest or smartest guy around. I rely on other skills.

I don't claim to be unstoppable. I am just one of those people that is more "lucky" than good.

How about you?

McVaaahhh
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 02:45 PM
We already knew you were kinda "off" Pilot... :D

pilot
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 02:51 PM
We already knew you were kinda "off" Pilot... :DI'll :drink:to that!

rforsythe
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 02:59 PM
I'll :drink:to that!
Careful. After a thread like the one you just started, Laws of Irony state that you might die from choking on an ice cube.

pilot
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 03:02 PM
Careful. After a thread like the one you just started, Laws of Irony state that you might die from choking on an ice cube.You wish. I've seen it in your eyes.

rforsythe
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 03:07 PM
Nah. If I wished you dead I'd find a better way than an ice cube to do it. :D

salsashark
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 03:08 PM
Essay: In order for the admissions staff of our college to get to know you, the applicant, better, we ask that you answer the following question: Are there any significant experiences you have had, or accomplishments you have realized, that have helped to define you as a person?

I am a dynamic figure, often seen scaling walls and crushing ice. I have been known to remodel train stations on my lunch breaks, making them more efficient in the area of heat retention. I translate ethnic slurs for Cuban refugees, I write award-winning operas, I manage time efficiently. Occasionally, I tread water for three days in a row.

I woo women with my sensuous and godlike trombone playing, I can pilot bicycles up severe inclines with unflagging speed, and I cook Thirty Minute Brownies in twenty minutes. I am an expert in stucco, a veteran in love, and an outlaw in Peru.

Using only a hoe and a large glass of water, I once single-handedly defended a small village in the Amazon Basin from a horde of ferocious army ants. I play bluegrass cello, I was scouted by the Mets. I am the subject of numerous documentaries. When I'm bored, I build large suspension bridges in my yard. I enjoy urban hang gliding. On Wednesdays, after school, I repair electrical appliances free of charge.

I am an abstract artist, a concrete analyst, and a ruthless bookie. Critics worldwide swoon over my original line of corduroy evening wear. I don't perspire. I am a private citizen, yet I receive fan mail. I have been caller number nine and won the weekend passes. Last summer I toured New Jersey with a traveling centrifugal-force demonstration. I bat .400. My deft floral arrangements have earned me fame in international botany circles. Children trust me.

I can hurl tennis rackets at small moving objects with deadly accuracy. I once read Paradise Lost, Moby Dick, and David Copperfield in one day and still had time to refurbish an entire dining room that evening. I know the exact location of every food item in the supermarket. I have performed covert operations for the CIA. I sleep once a week; when I do sleep, I sleep in a chair. While on vacation in Canada, I successfully negotiated with a group of terrorists who had seized a small bakery. The laws of physics do not apply to me.

I balance, I weave, I dodge, I frolic, and my bills are all paid. On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami. Years ago I discovered the meaning of life but forgot to write it down. I have made extraordinary four-course meals using only a Mouli and a toaster oven. I breed prizewinning clams. I have won bullfights in San Juan, cliff-diving competitions in Sri Lanka, and spelling bees at the Kremlin. I have played Hamlet, I have performed open-heart surgery, and I have spoken with Elvis.

But I have not yet gone to college.

*** Written by Hugh Gallagher ***

Slo
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 03:09 PM
Damn Pilot, you and me are opposites. No matter what I do, no matter what I plan, something always goes wrong, and takes the longest route to achieve. But I always manage to find my way there in the end.....

Sortarican
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 03:19 PM
Little known fact. Pilot weighs the same as a duck.

http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_pictures/grail/large/HolyGrail028.jpg

salsashark
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 03:21 PM
BURN HIMMMMM!!!

Ceez
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 03:24 PM
Shot....Struck by lightning...I dont know if I should stay clear of Pilot or rub his belly for luck?!?:dunno:

t_jolt
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 03:40 PM
Kinda have the same thing as pilot.

Man, im going to miss you pilot...

:) j/k

pilot
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 03:43 PM

salsashark
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 03:47 PM
^^ It took me a while to find his name, but I did include it when I found it (around 20 minutes ago)... your post reminded me of his essay.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Gallagher_(humorist)

Pandora-11
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 03:57 PM
wow...can you read my palm?...or tell my future?
Be nice..:)

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 03:57 PM
"Having my head crushed by an armored truck's hood"

Wouldn't neccessarily say you survived that.......:)

Hey man, with a crystal ball like that, why didn't you warn me not to marry that $^#W@^@'-ing psyco X2 of mine?!?! Doh!

Nah, seriously, I can relate. My paternal grandmother "knew" things, like when my father was rushed to the hospital with a bleeding ulcer.....and she called us to ask what was wrong as we were putting him in the car. Or my maternal great aunt who was more witch than human (to us kids) because she knew things also. I've also had instances where I've known things that I couldn't have known any other way, and verified my knowledge. Unfortunately, it was all bad news, and all involving the psycho X2. Somehow, we had a weird connection like that, probably since we'd known each other 30 years, and some of the things that'd happened to us. Thankfully, that's now severed.

PsychoMike
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 04:09 PM
my girlfreind was at my house before i got home when i rolled my jeep. she said she got a wierd feeling and rushed to my house.

PsychoMike
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 04:09 PM
and I once counted to infinity...twice

rforsythe
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 04:12 PM
and I once counted to infinity...twice

Pfft. Chuck Norris does that every day before he eats his breakfast.