PDA

View Full Version : Remember Steve Moore of the Avs??

Cat118!
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 10:36 PM
What ever happened to him after the Bertuzzi's attack?

Never heard of his medical update... just thought about it

rapparee
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 11:01 PM
I beleive he is still fighting his way through the court system, but will never play again. Bertuzzi should have never played hockey again ( nor walked for that matter) and I am glad his buddy May is gone from Denver forever also. Side note did you see the Denver post story on Bertuzzi now trying to blame it on Crawford? Lame human being.

Cat118!
Wed Dec 3rd, 2008, 11:30 PM
I beleive he is still fighting his way through the court system, but will never play again. Bertuzzi should have never played hockey again ( nor walked for that matter) and I am glad his buddy May is gone from Denver forever also. Side note did you see the Denver post story on Bertuzzi now trying to blame it on Crawford? Lame human being.

I figured he was gone from the sport for good... but what health problems does he have to live with forever, what was the final permnanet damage.... other then his career?

Was Burtuzzi ever convicted too? if so...what were his charges?

rapparee
Thu Dec 4th, 2008, 12:09 AM
I read an article that said he said he still has concussion-related problems that have prevented the physicians from clearing him to take contact and to attempt to play, but that he has not given upon trying to return to the NHL, which sounds like a hockey player to me since he had three fractured neck vertebrae, a wicked concussion along with hamburger helper face. Not sure about Bertuzzi other than he is with the Ducks (Not sure will have to check), might be in civil suits with Moore still, but I am not sure. Maybe he will face plant into the boards sometime this season... accidentally of course:)

DFab
Thu Dec 4th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Bertuzzi plead guilty to assault.

Bertuzzi received a conditional discharge, which leaves him without a criminal record, an action recommended by the prosecutor after Bertuzzi agreed to a plea bargain.
''I have concluded that the imposition of a discharge is not contrary to the public interest,'' Judge Herb Weitzel said Wednesday night. Bertuzzi could have received 18 months in prison.

Bertuzzi received a year's probation in which he is not allowed to play in a game against Moore, who was hospitalized with three fractured vertebrae, facial cuts, postconcussion symptoms and amnesia after the March 8 hit.

Bertuzzi must also perform 80 hours of community service. If he complies with his community service and probation requirements, he will not have a criminal record.

The civil suit is ongoing, and will probably continue for years.....

ihavealegohead
Thu Dec 4th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Moore sucked before he left; it was his last season before he was hit by Bertuzzi.

Hockey is a passionate sport, especially at the level these guys play. It happens a lot more then just this one isolated case. Just so happens Moore got it a lot worse ..

rapparee
Thu Dec 4th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Moore sucked before he left
So that makes it acceptable? Just saying. Bertuzzi isn't exactly tearing it up for the flames,(Don't know why I was thinking Ducks) no goals in 14 games, yeah he is a winner.:)

It happens a lot more then just this one isolated case.
Yeah but it is usually face to face, not in a cowardly move. Bertuzzi should have never played again. / rant off.

Filo
Thu Dec 4th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Moore sucked before he left; it was his last season before he was hit by Bertuzzi.

Hockey is a passionate sport, especially at the level these guys play. It happens a lot more then just this one isolated case. Just so happens Moore got it a lot worse ..

Boy, way to really put it into perspective. Moore gets permanently damaged by some overgrown simian shit head and you imply he deserved it because he had 12 points in 57 games. Bertuzzi should never have been allowed back on the ice. His actions were cowardly, stupid and dangerous and all because of a legal hit gone bad three weeks earlier. Are you really that insensitive, or are you just talking tough?

Canuck
Thu Dec 4th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Bertuzzis hit on Moore was B.S.
That being said, pro Hockey players, (all pro sports in general) should not have civil suites against each other for monetary compensation, with an on ice/field incident.

rapparee
Thu Dec 4th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Boy, way to really put it into perspective I think it is just the sport, hockey fans get a little riled up sometimes, not that I have ever been..would not know anything about that..well maybe a few times:)

ihavealegohead
Thu Dec 4th, 2008, 03:32 PM
It was a bad hit no doubt. Way out of line.

I'm just making the observation that it's a passionate sport. If you think this is the only incident then take your skates and go play with the girls.

In terms of compensation Moore wasn't going to play more then a year possibly two if he was very lucky.

Bertuzzi's are not the problem. Bring back fighting and you'll see a big decline in injuries to the stars.