PDA

View Full Version : Careful out there folks

dm_gsxr
Thu Dec 4th, 2008, 07:06 AM
The clueless morons are out in force this morning.

I started heading in and after getting behind the mini's doing 10mph and almost hitting some %!@^$$# idiot :scream1: who decided they didn't need to stop for a red light, I headed on home.

Sometimes the smartest thing to do is work from home.

Carl

Ceez
Thu Dec 4th, 2008, 07:56 AM
Yup, its pretty bad out there....took me an hour to get from Thornton to Englewood...:banghead:
Be safe kids!

XJ600s
Thu Dec 4th, 2008, 08:07 AM
I agree with the morons. Last night I was out around 10pm in Boulder. We barely had a centimeter on the ground, but to roads were extremely slippery. I had to put my truck in 4wd, and was still slipping at times. Almost had a small pickup sideswipe me when he didn't realize he was in a right turn only lane, wanted to go straight instead, and attempted to slowly change his path into mine. Thankfully, he didn't hit me, but it was close.

salsashark
Thu Dec 4th, 2008, 08:16 AM
I left for work this morning and it was barely snowing outside and the streets were clean and dry out in Saudi Aurora... I just checked out webcams (no windows where I work) and was surprised to see the change... amazing what a couple of hours will do.

I love Colorado, the weather peeps said the snow should taper off mid morning, then start up again this afternoon! Yeah for Fubaring both rush hours... I love my 5 mile commute. It's not Dog & Cat show like Ralphy, but it's pretty darn good.

asp_125
Thu Dec 4th, 2008, 09:01 AM
It's the first storm of the season down here..everybody forgets how to drive. I hope CDOT does a good job clearing the roads and sidestreets before Sunday's toy run.

Big-J
Thu Dec 4th, 2008, 09:13 AM
:lol:

As I was walking to work this morning I was thinking, Im glad I don't have to deal with that mess! As I walked a little more I see a car slide up and over a curb hitting a no parking sign, and I thought, I hope I don't get fucken run over!:|

rforsythe
Thu Dec 4th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Finally starting to snow good now, but I think it melted and froze pretty quickly so the streets will be slick. Oh well, I'm gonna go play in the snow soon after traffic dies down.

TFOGGuys
Thu Dec 4th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Finally starting to snow good now, but I think it melted and froze pretty quickly so the streets will be slick. Oh well, I'm gonna go play in the snow soon after traffic dies down.

Need some ice screws, Ralph?

http://cdn-9.psndealer.com/e2/dealersite/images/ronniesmailorder/378979_gallery_114591.jpg

dm_gsxr
Thu Dec 4th, 2008, 10:46 AM
I'm going to take the TransAlp out and see how it handles :D

Carl

Mother Goose
Thu Dec 4th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Guess I'm glad I go the opposite way of most traffic. It only took me an extra 5 minutes today to get from Glendale out to Wheat Ridge. :lol: Glad I put on my winter wheel/tires last night. :D

pilot
Thu Dec 4th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Carl, tell me you weren't on your Busa!

Man, I just looked at the road cams and that storm goes from Vail (great skiing this weekend) all the way through the plains. Yechhh.

Not much snow here:

http://www.earthcam.com/swf/cam_player/temp_images/1228413290781.jpg

TurboGizzmo
Thu Dec 4th, 2008, 11:04 AM
Fort Collins and Loveland its still coming down (appears we are getting the most) I ended up taking side streets for part of my drive to get away from everyone.

TFOGGuys
Thu Dec 4th, 2008, 11:11 AM
I'm going to take the TransAlp out and see how it handles :D

Carl

I'm just glad it started snowing when it did at my house in East Jeebus Aurora..... if it had held off another half hour, I'd have been riding the FZ1 in this shit....gonna have to get the XT back from my buddy so I have a snow worthy steed....

rforsythe
Thu Dec 4th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Need some ice screws, Ralph?

http://cdn-9.psndealer.com/e2/dealersite/images/ronniesmailorder/378979_gallery_114591.jpg

:lol: maybe.

Glad I wasn't on the bike actually. The streets by my house were ridable, but getting on I-25 someone who failed 2nd grade almost took out my truck when they realized that, oh yeah, that shiny shit on the ground is ice. Woulda had nowhere to go on the bike, but the truck was able to take the shoulder into the crud and avoid a wreck. Then I was looking at hundred-foot sheets of ice on I-25 in some places, and thinking alone it'd be fine on a bike, but with the other assholes all bunched up perhaps suicidal. I was glad to be surrounded by 8,000lbs of truck on more than one occasion on my 12-mile commute today...

Sortarican
Thu Dec 4th, 2008, 12:05 PM
I love my little mule.
People see me coming and just get out the way.

dm_gsxr
Thu Dec 4th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Carl, tell me you weren't on your Busa!

Nah, Rita let me use her car today. Still, I only made it up to 136th street before turning around. I didn't have the time to take 2 hours to get to work. We had a guy in the Englewood data center and he was waiting on me.

No biggie though. I get to work from home :D

Carl

rforsythe
Thu Dec 4th, 2008, 12:23 PM
I love my little mule.
People see me coming and just get out the way.

I love your little mule too. I see things like that coming and think, "mmm, speed bump".