PDA

View Full Version : Dual Sport ride 12/6

gsxrscott
Fri Dec 5th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Anyone up for a ride Saturday? Route to be detrimined depending on who wants to come. I'm thinking about 10 am to let it warm up a bit, but could be later depending on schedules. Be back by 4:30 (dark) at the latest.

PhL0aTeR
Sat Dec 6th, 2008, 12:46 AM
where you guys usually go? Ive been sticking to single track type stuff, im not a fan of long improved dirt roads....

Mental
Sat Dec 6th, 2008, 02:04 AM
I'd love too, but I am on midshift now, and waaaaay behind on my Honey-Do list. You dudes ride safe.

PhL0aTeR
Sat Dec 6th, 2008, 09:26 AM
: yawn :

gsxrscott
Sat Dec 6th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Well I usually like Captn Jacks, but the wife just called and needs my assistance. Mabey tomorrow.

PhL0aTeR
Sat Dec 6th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Well I usually like Captn Jacks, but the wife just called and needs my assistance. Mabey tomorrow.

Ive been wanting to do cap jacks.... ill keep my eyes peeled

Mental
Sat Dec 6th, 2008, 11:02 PM
Sunday! I'm in.

Lets meet at 10 AM at the old standby, Pike's Perk on 8th
http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Pikes.Perk.Coffee.Cafe.719-634-7375

Then we can short cut up though that neigborhood and jump on Capt Jacks.

gsxrscott
Sun Dec 7th, 2008, 07:55 AM
That works for me!

gsxrscott
Sun Dec 7th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Well we had a good ride, lots of snow towards the creek and ice under the snow past that. Still a couple of hours of riding is better than nothing at all!!!:shocked: Here is a pic of my bike on the bridge over the creek, and another of Mental becoming one with his bike. lol

636chick
Sun Dec 7th, 2008, 09:37 PM
BAWHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

I know you'll showed me that pic this afternoon but for some reason larger it is was even funnier!!!!

Who is that masked ass???????????:shocked:

Mental
Sun Dec 7th, 2008, 11:58 PM
Why is it when I see that picture I have the desire put on baggy sweatpants, crawl under a blanket on the couch, eat raw cookie dough and mumble to myself that the "diet starts tomorrow?"

See, again, as I explained this afternoon. Its not that I am acually trapped between my bike and a tree while my firend says "Hold on" and I see a camera flash.

What happened is my bike spotted a cougar, not the older rich ladies Trevor seems to favor, but an actually person mauling cougar. Much like a loyal protective sled dog, my bike bravely lept between the threatening carnivore and me, keeping me safely tucked into a tree. When the flash from the picture spooked the bloodthirsty creature, my bike resumed its normal positsion of on its side, spewing gas from the carb. So really, you shouldn't mock my poor Dr Z, but commend it for its selfless act of protection.

dallas
Mon Dec 8th, 2008, 07:44 AM
I should have my plate by the end of the week (hopefully), so that way you can see how lazy my CRF is. No matter what I do, that thing just wants to lay down on it's side.

Tipys
Mon Dec 8th, 2008, 07:47 AM

What happened is my bike spotted a cougar, not the older rich ladies Trevor seems to favor, .

How did you know. :hump:

GSXRJOHNNY
Mon Dec 8th, 2008, 04:52 PM
That picture looks like Mental became one with his bike and tree at the same time. It also reminds me of those traffic accident movies they showed us in high school, signal 30, etc. They were mostly pictures of really bad traffic fatalities, body parts all over the place. Now this picture is stuck in my head!!! Such gore!!!! :shocked: Is one of the funniest photos of the year !!!! Thanks Scott!

Mental
Tue Dec 9th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Its not quite as funny, and my cheap camera couldn't get it all, but I have proof that Scott is capable of converting Mountain Dew into steam.

http://www.evilengineering.com/gallery/d/28272-2/009.JPG

No, he's not on fire.

gsxrscott
Tue Dec 9th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Thats just cause I'm so "HOT" !! :shocked:lol

Mental
Tue Dec 9th, 2008, 10:59 PM
:music:This is why we hot, this is why we hot, we hot becuase we rode, you didn't cuz you not"